Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus US Seat Sale

Options
  • 13-04-2008 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Got New York in June for €430 return, that's everything. That's down from €600 last week. Other flights have gone down.

www.aerlingus.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

yeah 200 off my roundtrip lax in aug/sept cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

On the site it says travel until 31 May when I click US summer sale. Am I missing something?

Although I did notice my outgoing flight in August is down about €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Mr.S wrote: »
    pitty AerLingus's longhaul flights are poor:(

What do you mean ?

You get what you pay for ... I flew with KLM last week, they were no better, other than the 400 euro beer and sandwich :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Aer Lingus economy class is absolutely fine. Granted you do not get the television on the back of your seat (although you now do to the West Coast) so you have to watch on the larger screens coming out of the ceiling but aside from that it is absolutely comparable to other airlines.

Where Aer Lingus falls down is the business class. It is very below the standard of other airlines - though not their competitors on the Dublin - USA routes. You really have to go through London to get a significantly better business class and that's a pain in the neck most people going business class aren't bothered enduring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭dubmick

johnfás wrote: »
    Aer Lingus economy class is absolutely fine. Granted you do not get the television on the back of your seat

I have to say I disagree with this, for a 5+ hour flight you should have your own entertainment system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers to the OP.

Hoping to book a holiday to the NY this evening once I get days off arranged and sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

dubmick wrote: »
    I have to say I disagree with this, for a 5+ hour flight you should have your own entertainment system.

Buy an iPod, should pay for itself, then you'll have an entertainment system on every flight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I recently flew to LA with Aer Lingus and was told at the desk when checking in that there was a tv in the headrest of each seat. When i got onboard there was no such thing. And there were none on any of the flights to LA i took last year. Do they actually exist?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

There is an EI with headset TV's. It flies from Shannon every day(or it did when i worked there)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kaylden

I flew to Boston with aerlingus in March and the flight on the way home to Dublin had the screens in the headrests.It was nice to have a choice of movie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mr.S wrote: »
    when i went last year to LA, they said they only had 1 plane with the Personal Entertaintment system - so if its still the same, you just have to be lucky to get that 1 plane!

i know they had 2, possibly just one on the LA route but they got them last june and afaik they had an extra 8 on order i think their airbus A330-300. These are the planes with the 'beds' in the business class. not sure what i mean click here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The standard of their planes has been discussed literally hundreds of times in the travel forum. Lets try keep it out of the bargain forum.

If you've no intention of travelling with Aer Lingus, why did you even open the thread?

If the OP tipped you off about saving money, thank him.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Thanks for the heads up, saved my €150 on my flights to New York

Dodge wrote: »
    The standard of their planes has been discussed literally hundreds of times in the travel forum. Lets try keep it out of the bargain forum.

If you've no intention of travelling with Aer Lingus, why did you even open the thread?

If the OP tipped you off about saving money, thank him.
    Well said Dodge. We'll make you a mod yet! ;)

The prices seriously shot up over the course of a few hours (but isn't that always the way).

But booked 10 days in Orlando in June staying in 3 star accommodation (Best Western Movieland) on International Drive for €820 (accomodation and flights). Can't complain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Aerlingus have €5 up for flights to New York, but once you try to book it goes up to it's usual price :-(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I could have had 2 days longer in Orlando in August and saved €700. Bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

was just putting money on my cc so i could book them and then when i went back they were all gone up again :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Has anybody else noticed that there's always US seats sales whenever the unions are in negotiations about strikes? :)
    Not knocking Aer Lingus there, I'd always use them instead of certain other carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

This morning I booked and received confirmation of the booking for 2 Return Flights to New York BUSINESS CLASS for €350 - that's €175 per person Business Class Return.

Looks like they have all gone up but loads of my mates booked the same this morning and all were able to get the same offer.

Marketing ploy or some disgruntled employee in Aerlingus.

Worse case - they call me, say it was a mistake and I get my money back.

Best case - me and the missus get to NY Business Class for 350 euro all in.

Winner either way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

yrrag1974 wrote: »
    This morning I booked and received confirmation of the booking for 2 Return Flights to New York BUSINESS CLASS for €350 - that's €175 per person Business Class Return.

Looks like they have all gone up but loads of my mates booked the same this morning and all were able to get the same offer.

Marketing ploy or some disgruntled employee in Aerlingus.

Worse case - they call me, say it was a mistake and I get my money back.

Best case - me and the missus get to NY Business Class for 350 euro all in.

Winner either way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you confirm total paid and dates please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

ch750536 wrote: »
    Can you confirm total paid and dates please.

2 of us flying Business Class with Aer Lingus from Dublin to New York (via Shannon) on the 8th of August, returning 3 days later. €350 including taxes, charges and fuel surcharges. Loads of my mates were able to get the same offer and all did so.

Looking now the same flight is costing €6,500 for two people!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

yrrag1974 wrote: »
    2 of us flying Business Class with Aer Lingus from Dublin to New York (via Shannon) on the 8th of August, returning 3 days later. €350 including taxes, charges and fuel surcharges. Loads of my mates were able to get the same offer and all did so.

Looking now the same flight is costing €6,500 for two people!!
    Nice one! Now where do I find that link ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 IsMise

I got the same deal this morning, booked Shannon to JFK in June for EUR172 in total. I received email confirmation and was able to go into the Manage Booking section and see my flight there and it was Business Class.

I just checked it again and I can no longer see it under Manage Booking, so I called Aer Lingus and the girl I spoke to said that all the flights that were booked at that price today were canceled they were in the process of sending out emails to everyone concerned, to compensate they would give me a full refund. I said that as far as I was concerned I bought the flight in good faith and was it not binding?

She said she would get a supervisor to call me back…..still waiting

Interestingly though this issue occurred before in 2003 and Aer Lingus honored the flights
    http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2003/10/12/story949932788.asp

I wonder do we have any entitlement?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Nope don't think there's any entitlement for Aer Lingus to honour that price. But you'd be best off posting in the Consumer Issues forum as some of the people there will know exactly what you're entitled to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Nope don't think there's any entitlement for Aer Lingus to honour that price. But you'd be best off posting in the Consumer Issues forum as some of the people there will know exactly what you're entitled to.

Be interesting to see what they'll do as presumably there are people who were going to book flights anyway, and now the flights would be more expensive. Meaning not only are they "punished" by having the cheap booking cancelled, but they can't buy the seats at the "proper" price at the time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

IsMise wrote: »
    I got the same deal this morning, booked Shannon to JFK in June for EUR172 in total. I received email confirmation and was able to go into the Manage Booking section and see my flight there and it was Business Class.

I just checked it again and I can no longer see it under Manage Booking, so I called Aer Lingus and the girl I spoke to said that all the flights that were booked at that price today were canceled they were in the process of sending out emails to everyone concerned, to compensate they would give me a full refund. I said that as far as I was concerned I bought the flight in good faith and was it not binding?

Interestingly though this issue occurred before in 2003 and Aer Lingus honored the flights

For a start thats not "Compansation", thats a refund. Big of them to give you a full refund when they are the ones changing it:rolleyes:

IsMise wrote: »

For a start thats not "Compensation", thats a refund. Big of them to give you a full refund when they are the ones changing it:rolleyes: I wonder how understading they would be if people rang them to cancel.......

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭2-ShortDa5foot5

Might wanna check this out lads.....

http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/0417/aerlingus.html

Big oopsy by Aer Lingus! :eek:

First story on 2FM news at 8.30 just there... they're being called on to honour them.

Best of luck to people who did get them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

basquille wrote: »
    First story on 2FM news at 8.30 just there... they're being called on to honour them.

Best of luck to people who did get them!

Ye i heard it on most of the news this morning, ian dempsey on todayfm was calling to honour them aswell. There is so much press about these now i think will aerlingus will have to do something

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement