Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mage or Warlock?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Dellarocca wrote: »
    There is an interesting point that 've been trying to decide on for a while.

When to go Destro. Our guild is only doing SSC/TK/MH atm. A few bosses down in each of these. We've gruul/maggy on farm. I've gotten no gear from any of them so still have my frozen shadoweave gear, spellstrike hood etc... Mainly crafted gear and Kara drops.

And any gear I see, it doesn't do my current spec any good. So if anyone has advice or a link to somewhere that points in the right direction for turning Destro, i'm all ears.

imo to go destro aim for 140 spell hit and 22% crit unbuffed. something which i havent got is 22% crit, i only have about 18% unbuffed however i have 10% haste and 199 hit. i calculate every % of haste to be worth 1.3% crit as the more haste you have the more shadowbolts you put out, the more chances you have to crit. we took on illidan last night for the first time and got him to 6% (be prepared for a kill next week) and i decided to do a little test. there is another warlock in my guild with similar gear to me except he has more crit (about 25% unbuffed) where i have more 18% (unbuffed) but i have 10% haste and he has 1% we both are almost hit capped and he has slightly more spell damage than me but i beat him on damage each time. i was second on the meters with him on 3rd. we hava an insanely geared rogue who was beating us. strange that the other rogue was about 9th on the meter each time although i expect hes just a bad player tbh. you can play about with sockets to try and get the desired hit/crit but as destro untill you got good gear you cant be putting spell damage gems in your gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jason&arthur

hey Dellarocca i'd suggest speccing something like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZcxczIbzZExotrhz0hi at your earliest convineice as u get practise with the spec ( altho it doesnt take much :p - sac succy and spam sbolt! ) theres also fire variations but from what ive heard they arent widely used, and when in doubt, follow the croud =)

main thing you need to do is value items with all 3 major stats (well 4 i guess since sunwell) - things like Belt of Blasting (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30038) are insanely good due to the way the stats are distributed. same with the chest from vashj and the BoP boots from tailoring - all awesome destro items.

basically i'd say ur gear currently (full fsw & spellstrike?) is fine for destro spec atm, maybe just give it a try

edit: as the cookie monster said, hit cap or near hit cap is important.
    edit2: maybe you could post ur armory and we could critique? if u dont want to i understand ofc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Im leveling a lock my self at the moment. Going to use it more in pvp and if i do go & do some pve with it, i will go Dest spec.... for sure. I find they are so overpowering & fun to play. Just h8 the leveling porsess.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dellarocca

edit2: maybe you could post ur armory and we could critique? if u dont want to i understand ofc.

Can't access armoury in work.

however, link to imba

Server - Steamwheedle Cartel (EU)
    Character - Glissandro

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jason&arthur

man your guild name is awesome, props.

first action to take is to respec destro! 8)

if i were you i'd farm up 30 badges 15 primal fire and 4 imbued netherweave and get me a Belt of Blasting - it would be a huge huge upgrade for you and its (relatively) easy to get.
    if you enjoy heroics, replace that headless horseman rubbish & go for a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28227 Sparkling Arcanite Ring, it may be blue but wow its an awesome ring. if you can, the upgrade to it is in ZA timed run called Mana Attuned Band. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33497
    for bracers go for the ole' welfare epics. sure they're pvp but even remove the resiliance and they are awesome. slap a +4 crit/ 5 dam gem in and ur good to go Veteran's Silk Cuffs http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32820

those are the only easy upgrades i can think of right now, but as u know urself as progression moves on u'll find good gear coming to you :P

but dont gear before you spec! then you'll never respec! jump in at the deep end ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Dellarocca

Cheers. The name is pretty cool alright.

And thanks for the advice. I'm never any good at researching these things. Just usually see what drops and if I need, then need :)

Belt of Blasting here I come...

Advertisement