Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's your daddy!

Options
  • 06-04-2008 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

A father and daughter in Australia are together and have had a child. The daughter didn't know the father growing up, but when they met they knew they were father and daughter and started a relationship anyway.

Discuss!

From the Daily Telegraph: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23496488-5001021,00.html
    Father, daughter have child together

A SOUTH Australian father and daughter have revealed they are a couple, and have had a child together.
    John and Jenny Deaves reunited 30 years after Mr Deaves separated from Jenny's mother.

Jenny was 31 and just two weeks after meeting, father and daughter had sex.

"John and I are in this relationship as consenting adults," Mrs Deaves told the Nine Network's 60 Minutes tonight.

"We are just asking for a little bit of respect and understanding."

Their nine-month-old daughter Celeste, shown on TV, appears fit and healthy.

Mrs Deaves said soon after reuniting with her father she began to see him as a man first and her father second.

"I was looking at him, sort of going, oh, he's not too bad," she said.

"Like you might look at a man across the bar at a nightclub."

Mrs Deaves brought two children, Samantha and Alex, into the relationship after splitting from her former partner.

Mr Deaves admitted that he "initially" thought having sex with his daughter was wrong.

"Emotions take over, as people no doubt realise, there are times during your life where emotions do rule the heart, it rules the head," he said.

"I knew it was illegal, of course I knew it was illegal but you know, so what."

Mrs Deaves said the physical relationship with her father was like "a sexual relationship with any other man".

For Mr Deaves the sexual relationship was "absolutely fantastic".

A South Australian police media spokesman said "the couple is being monitored".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

They shouldn't have been allowed breed as far as I'm concerned.

"We are just asking for a little bit of respect and understanding." - Lol, gtfo, they'll get neither and should respect and understand why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Ok, I'm all for letting people have their freedom by and large but this is fcuked up. They ran a huge risk of the child having any number of complications and have they given any thought to how it will deal with growing up when the fact that its sister is also its mother comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so did she just give birth to her Mother?

Placebo wrote: »
    Sister. They're both the children of the same man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

No, she gave birth to her fathers daughter (ie sister), and he fathered his daughters daughter (ie grandchild) :pac:
    WTF

• Advertisement

No, she gave birth to her fathers daughter (ie sister), and he fathered his daughters daughter (ie grandchild) :pac:
    WTF
    Didn't think of that.

Poor child is going to have to be homeschooled and will certainly be a social outcast for a good chunk of its life. How people could even bring that upon a child is beyond me, they're two very fcked up people who as I already said, should not have been allowed breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

sorry i jumped to a quick conclusion. What an ugly looking couple anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,784 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

She gave birth to her own Step-Sister as the child is not of the same parental pairing. And she is her own Step-Mother. The child is also his Granddaughter and daughter. To her 2 other kids he is their Grandfather and Step-Father.

WHAT THE HELL

They belong in Alabama.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

lol

Well, at least he's keeping it in the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'd love to see their descendants family tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Gordon wrote: »
    lol

Well, at least he's keeping it in the family.

Who knows, maybe in 20 years (if he's still alive!) he'll ditch his daughter wife in favour of his granddaughter daughter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I wouldn't expect anything less from a colony of convicts and sheep farmers.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Meh, it's their business if they want to have sex - at least it's consensual incest rather than abuse, and at least she didn't know him when she was growing up so it's not as if they'd have to reconcile the fact that he used to be her father figure.

However having a child together - extremely irresponsible.

And it must be an awful thing for his other children/her mum to come to terms with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

What an ugly looking couple anyway.

yea, i was thinking the same. the wife / daughter / mother obviously doesnt though..

"I was looking at him, sort of going, oh, he's not too bad," she said.

"Like you might look at a man across the bar at a nightclub."

:eek:

There is a phenomen where reunited family members can feel massively sexually attractive to each other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Each to their own I guess. Weird situation. The poor kid, a Dad and grandad rolled into one:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

They look like they were the offspring of inter-family breeding themselves. He who drinks Australian and all that I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sexy kids, that's who I blame.

Each to their own I guess. Weird situation. The poor kid, and Dad and grandad rolled into one:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Each to their own I guess. Weird situation. The poor kid, and Dad and grandad rolled into one:rolleyes:

There are more productive ways of boosting your post-count ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Collie D wrote: »
    They look like they were the offspring of inter-family breeding themselves. He who drinks Australian and all that I suppose
    I don't agree with that - they're just not very purty.

Heh, calling the child "Celeste" - could they not have come up with a name that was less close to "incest"?

Beautiful kid though - surprisingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does that mean he has to buy the kid twice as many presents for christmas seeing as he's the father and the grandfather?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Does that mean he has to buy the kid twice as many presents for christmas seeing as he's the father and the grandfather?

But the sprog and the mother get to save by only buying one Fathers Day
    card and pressie between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,784 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They need to be exiled! Isnt there an island somewhere that they send all the convicts to?

oh wait...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So he has to buy more presents and he gets less presents? This guy should have really thought this through.

Collie D wrote: »
    There are more productive ways of boosting your post-count ;)

Sorry honey, knew someone would comment! It was such a damn good post I felt I needed to say it twice:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

So he has to buy more presents and he gets less presents? This guy should have really thought this through.

No, he can fob the child off by saying she only gets one present from him, like people who have birthdays at Christmas get fobbed off sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sorry honey, knew someone would comment! It was such a damn good post I felt I needed to say it twice:D:D
    I forgot what you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Sherifu wrote: »
    Sexy kids, that's who I blame.

EEEEEEEW! Sherifu! That's a nasty thought! :eek::D

Advertisement