Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Boozage: Micro players read please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Yea I think I played terribly on the first table, first time playing live in ages and just wasnt too comfortable, second table was more passive so felt it was easier to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

I was up 2 and a half buy ins. But felt I was getting out played until the end when I hit some cards and pulled of a lucky bluff against Tom

Really enjoyed it thanks everyone involved setting it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

First time I've really played poker in a long time! Enjoyed it though!

Up just under a buy-in after spewing one off to rb_ie with a pretty bad call down on a TTxJx board.

Made most of it from 3betting everyone at the second table lol. It was so passive!

The two times you squeezed when I raised, was it a play or did you genuinely have something both times?

I was gonna repop but it would of meant getting it in a flop and both times i didn't hold more then 7 high.
    I played it nitty and just let you away with it certain that if you did it again I would of played back at you.

I'm also surprised I wasn't played back at more. One guy even said how I was raising the button every single time but he still proceded to just flat call me oop and fold when he missed flops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

shoutman wrote: »
    Did you squeeze twice against me TG?

I was gonna repop but it would of meant getting it in a flop and both times i didn't hold more then 7 high.
    I played it nitty and just let you away with it certain that if you did it again I would of played back at you.

I'm also surprised I wasn't played back at more. One guy even said how I was raising the button every single time but he still proceded to just flat call me oop and fold when he missed flops.

Yup! They were both light IIRC. 7 high was good one of the times anyway lol. The only time I 3betted you with a real hand you picked up AA. Nobody seemed to wanna play back at all. I just kept squeezing and 3betting IP and once or twice oop. I pity richy. I think he was getting a little steamed after me 3betting like half of his opens lol.:)

I got quite lucky all in all. I got played back at 3times and each time I had enough of it to shove it in. I was a bit shocked that with my image I didn't get called any of the times I shoved it in tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Was everyone happy with the format? As I see it theres a few choices

Keep it as it is - 50c50c 100bbs max buyin €1.50 pp phh

50c/50c 200bbs max buyin, €2pp phh Gets preference if theres a dealer free

50c/€1 100bbs maxbuyin, €2pp phh Gets preference if theres a dealer free

Or a mixture of all 3 if theres enough players to open a few tables.

I think it would be great having a 50/50 game 200bbs deep. But I did enjoy last nights game and I think I could definatley improve my own cash game playing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

This be on next week? Sounds like plenty of value
    50c/50c 200bbs max buyin, €2pp phh Gets preference if theres a dealer free

50c/€1 100bbs maxbuyin, €2pp phh Gets preference if theres a dealer free

this imo

How long did you play for? I've to drive home so won't be going for pints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Scouser in Dub

If there is a 50/50 game 200 bbs max I would be happy to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Yeah having the max buyin at 200bb would be pretty good.

I enjoyed last night overall, even though as soon as I took over dealing I dealt myself pure shíte for 4 hours and everytime I had something it was no good (such as that JJ hand). I think I saw 72o a total of 11 times in that time frame.

Tommy: Yeah you're a bastard :), I knew it was light but I'd say regardless it was still ahead of what I was raising with.

Should be in for next week if it's running too.

I'd also play a 50/50 100bb max PLO game if there's any interest.

• Advertisement

Enjoyed it as it was. Will play again if it keeps its format.

I played decently, ran lucky, simple ABC poker was enough to take home 2 buyins.

Told you my mates would bring value! Not sure they'll be around next week though, after all bar one went broke.

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    This be on next week? Sounds like plenty of value

this imo

How long did you play for? I've to drive home so won't be going for pints

1 game started at 7 15, filled up quickly, 2nd game going by 8 30, pretty much went from 2 full games to dead in the space of half an hour around midnight.

Enjoyed it as it was. Will play again if it keeps its format.

Think the easiest will be to start the first game off as it was and then if theres enough for a 2nd game try to start a 200bb game. I think theres definitely enough interest for a 50max either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I get the feeling that these 50c/50c tables will be much tougher in terms of play than any of the €1/€2 tables in town! I might try to make it in next week as it sounds like fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Is this gonna be a weekly thing so? I may have to donate once my college workload lightens...

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Is this gonna be a weekly thing so? I may have to donate once my college workload lightens...

Thats the plan, think CHLs are also planning a beginners night with similar structured games every week along with a small rebuy tourney so may aswell try to figure out what works now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

This sounds like it was tougher then most 1-2 cash games. Good that it got good turn out.
    rb_ie wrote: »
    I enjoyed last night overall, even though as soon as I took over dealing I dealt myself pure shíte for 4 hours and everytime I had something it was no good (such as that JJ hand). I think I saw 72o a total of 11 times in that time frame.

Aha, now you know. By far my unluckiest dealer is well me. Rarely get anything and rare times I do I get sucked out, amazing how often I can do that to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

This would get going proper as soon as I move out of Dublin :(

Anyways best of luck with it lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I played like a donkey and sucked out.

standard
    shoutman wrote: »
    I ended up just over a buyin and a half,
    much of it when i sucked out on keith with aa on a 579 board,.

Was this [] close to calling for the gut shot and i would of busted both of you's
    Having slept on it I reckon I MIGHT have been able to play worse but it would have taken a considerable effort. Last time I play poker immediately following a 72 hour study session. Shoutman it was a 9-7-5 board, I had top 2. Running 6's for the counterfeit. Other than when I snapped my pocket 8's in on the paired board I don't think I played a hand anywhere near optimally all night.

Ultimate bummer... Though watching Trippie have AA cracked twice in 5 hands was pretty funny.

AA twice for 100 bb's + and then A10 vs 88 on a 10 high board for another 70bb's and yet I still managed to cash out the second most profit in the game. says something for the standard of play of the rest of you donkeys. The round of omaha as probably the most fun with possible decisions for stacks in every hand
    cooker3 wrote: »
    This sounds like it was tougher then most 1-2 cash games. Good that it got good turn out.

see above, some of the play was so bad it was hilarious, theresalwaysone,that other lad that opened every pot,keith, joe and the other young lad im looking you're way.

I suppose it also helps that every read I had was spot on naming more hands than tadgh folds the nuts pre flop in a session

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Is this game open to anyone or a private thing ?

Sounds like you all know eachother ?

Would like to play next week if possible . . .

Thanks

• Advertisement

pocketdooz wrote: »

Would like to play next week if possible . . .

Thanks

ye anyone can play its a very relaxed atmosphere but depending on what table you are on, i was playing on table one and it was great craic while the other one seemed a bit nitty imo

The second table was definatley a lot quieter, but I still enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

pocketdooz wrote: »

It was my first time to meet anyone at table 2. I was probably a major cause of the nittyness of the table. Sometimes just don't have the gamble in me.
    Also, my first time playing a cash game sober, and at a sober table. Tight/passive ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Trippie wrote: »
    see above, some of the play was so bad it was hilarious, theresalwaysone,that other lad that opened every pot,keith, joe and the other young lad im looking you're way.
    I played quite poorly in the gambly sense, but the next time if I bother to play ill play properly, Tom Devore is also a TERRIBLE omaha player it must be said.

I played quite poorly in the gambly sense, but the next time if I bother to play ill play properly, Tom Devore is also a TERRIBLE omaha player it must be said.

he didnt cover himself in glory that hand alright, in fairness i had you near the bottom of the playing bad list as i knew you were in for the laugh, but then as it was said last night its no great feat, its like being the tallest midget

The c-raise with the bare flush draw was hilarious. The only player on the table he can do it aginst and not get priced out on the re-raise is Joe and, lo and behold, Joe pops up with the cooler K high flush draw and the 2 pair.

That said, he kicked my ass in hold em.

Next week I'll be armoured with a clearer head to redeem myself. The lack of drunk and aggressive post-pub players was a really nice change of pace, other than Joe's blow up about the raise just before he donked off the last of his stack it was the friendliest and most enjoyable game I've played in for ages and it's the least profitable one I've played in too, always a sign of how good a laugh it was.

The c-raise with the bare flush draw was hilarious. The only player on the table he can do it aginst and not get priced out on the re-raise is Joe and, lo and behold, Joe pops up with the cooler K high flush draw and the 2 pair.

Next week I'll be armoured with a clearer head to redeem myself. The lack of drunk and aggressive post-pub players was a really nice change of pace, other than Joe's blow up about the raise just before he donked off the last of his stack it was the friendliest and most enjoyable game I've played in for ages and it's the least profitable one I've played in too, always a sign of how good a laugh it was.

it was a bit of craic alright although i was getting real bored after an hour or so

i) I was playing 100 he def was priced out! well it was 70 more from a 40 raise.

ii) I was more making a poitn about how he did the same thing twice and it meant completely different things, it wasnt really fair.

i I was more making a poitn about how he did the same thing twice and it meant completely different things, it wasnt really fair.

I know but it meant I could bluff him SO easily. His pocket pair no good against my Q high bluff. Thank you Joe...

• Advertisement

I know but it meant I could bluff him SO easily. His pocket pair no good against my Q high bluff. Thank you Joe...

both resulted in me losign pots which I would have won too.

Advertisement