Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So thats who the Stig is!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

I don't want to know who it is, it'd ruin the fun :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved.
    Forgive them Silverfishy; they know not what they type...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dieslippers

They probably figured they could market a stig that captured intrigue and curiosity and infamy. The stig is good and might interswitch or might be less expensive than lewis hamilton but is ultimately the stig.
    I dont know if anybody has seen or even heard of the notorious ghost rider but he would be a pirate version of the stig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Kold wrote: »
    Who the f*ck watches Top Gear?

I do- Ah i dont believe that for a second, but it does bug the hell out of me who the stig is though .I heard (from my nerd ofa bf ha) that his name is Perry and hes an F3 driver

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_stig

EDIT - The first stig was Perry Mc Carty

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I heard that Nigel Mansell appeared as the Stig a few times.

Heard another rumour that there have been a few different ones because of fatalaties and near fatal accidents during thier trial runs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

oh ....... and a totally unrealted topic(but kinda as its top gear) Richard Hammond is F I N E !!!!!!!!! ;);):p:D;):p:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Ah the Stig has been a few different people.

Top Gear NERD ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Current stig = Jay Kay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

They should have stuck to their guns and called him "THE GIMP" like they were going to in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

how could it be Lewis Hamilton, the stig is a reasonably normal height and build, Hamilton is tiny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Ive been Saying this all last season.
    Coupla reasons why i think it was mostly him

- He got on a little tooo well with clarkson when he was interviewed.
    - Damn fast lap time on a course that he apparently hadnt driven
    - They could use the same stig for the American and african cousins
    - If you watch the africa stig he keeps covering up his left shoulder with the toga thing.. Im pretty sure lewis has a tatoo there.
    - And a Few more but too lazy to type and my pizza was just delivered :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

MooseJam wrote: »
    The Stig is God .....

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

couldent be lewis... he has the f1 to worry about.. that means away every two weeks for nearly a week... he wouldent be able to find the time to do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Damomayo

Can't possible be Lewis IMO
    No idenity is to keep it intresting......... great total package as a show especially the trials .

Which one is the best? Boating or america or africa or..........??

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gazelec

They are all excellant,also loved the polar special and the espace convertable (wrecking the car wash) :),great show,seen them all but id still watch them over and over again. Stig is just THE STIG,nobody plays him! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

On last nights episode the 'SinRPC' guest (Justin Lee Collins) said the Stig was Nigel Havers...

Which makes me think the Stig is some plummy-voiced, middle-aged ex-racer. Julian Baily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I thought in that episode with Lewis Hamilton that his father might have been the stig for a bit - because of something that was said (I can't remember now though) about him and the stig and then him and his dad or soemthing..

confound my memory

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

star-pants wrote: »
    I thought in that episode with Lewis Hamilton that his father might have been the stig for a bit - because of something that was said (I can't remember now though) about him and the stig and then him and his dad or soemthing..

confound my memory

Couldnt be him. He cant drive either ..remember?? Car in playground?? :rolleyes:

The Stig is a Female and strongly rumoured that it is our very own Mary Harney :D

vectra wrote: »
    Couldnt be him. He cant drive either ..remember?? Car in playground?? :rolleyes:

The Stig is a Female and strongly rumoured that it is our very own Mary Harney :D

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Its Jay Kay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jason Ryan

Sabine Schmitz

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭limerickwoman

Jason Ryan wrote: »
    Sabine Schmitz

No way

+1 for Jay Kay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

its ben collins

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

I was the Stig there for a while but decided to give it all up so I could concentrate on posting more on Boards.ie!

TopGear RULES!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I'm the Stig and so is my wife...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I am Spartacus The Stig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

ScumLord wrote: »
    In a couple of episodes you can clearly see the stig has white skin in between the helmet and collar.

Well I was watching a re-run fron circa 2004 recently and am convinced Stig's neck was a dark skin colour. LH would have been about 19 back then and a frontrunner in F3 or somesuch formula...

I think there are a number of Stigs depending on availability, type of driving required etc. The time they did car football, motorhome racing etc. provided some clues I think to the range of people they might call on.

Also, Stig's run in Alonso's F1 Renault (2006?) was, I'm pretty sure, Hekki Kovalainen...

Advertisement