Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shoes????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

WindSock wrote: »
    So true.
    They even come with an in-built camel toe

hahaha

the only thing you can wear with them is runners

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Cremo wrote: »
    the wimmen will say the same things only they'll sugar coat it :D

...after they consult Heat magazine to see what's "in" this month, and make sure that all the other girls they know haven't started to jump on that bandwagon as well.

and yeah, runners are the only thing that work with those horrible tracky bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

yea they would look good with brown dubes. The uggs might be too much with those style tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

electric69 wrote: »
    yea they would look good with brown dubes. The uggs might be too much with those style tho?

Lol uggs with tracksuit bottoms 'might be too much' yet dubes are ok? Ha.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol uggs with tracksuit bottoms 'might be too much' yet dubes are ok? Ha.

quote ftw. well done!

• Advertisement

quote ftw. well done!

6043_0L.jpg

Sketch, they're on to you.

I'm thinking these are a nice and casual variation of dubes and would go really well

what_the_croc.jpg

you could wear uggs but these would be a lot nicer and unique

CrocsKidsKidsGeorgie.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

I'm thinking these are a nice and casual variation of dubes and would go really well

what_the_croc.jpg

CrocsKidsKidsGeorgie.jpg
    they are horrific.

Piste wrote: »
    Who on earth thinks Dubes are formal? I have no problem wearing dubes but I'd NEVER wear them to a formal event (unless it was at the yacht club).

You could try getting a pair of babychams, something like this:

http://www.office.co.uk/womens/babycham/babycham_velcro/20/2871/13006/1
    they are really cool though i like them!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what_the_croc.jpg

CrocsKidsKidsGeorgie.jpg
    please tell me your joking.

crocs were bad enough but croc boots.

that's it i'm joining an amazonian tribe none of that crap there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

After reading through thei thread I'm begining to wonder if we are having a smurphyk incident all over again..aliqueenb, are you actually serious to be even considering those cheap looking trackies that prob should be kept for lounging around ths house (if even)=, but to consider them first with sandals and then dubes?! I shudder..please avoid ..seriously, are you for real?

i just picked those pants as an example, i don't like the colour or look of them too much either. ok so what do you wear on a day to day basis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Oh god, this is hilarious to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

nike_am_neon_1-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

aliqueenb wrote: »
    they are really cool though i like them!

I know, Babychams are lovely! Office has some really nice ones at the moment.

FruitLover wrote: »
    nike_am_neon_1-01.jpg
    omg your making me out to be a skobe thats never good

omg your making me out to be a skobe thats never good

lol! sad but true!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

What i wear is pretty irrelevant,and dont want to offend but if im perfectly honest i thought this was a joke thread when wearing sandals and dubes with those tracksuit pants were mentioned...

What i wear is pretty irrelevant,and dont want to offend but if im perfectly honest i thought this was a joke thread when wearing sandals and dubes with those tracksuit pants were mentioned...
    ugggh god i am so sorry but i just thought it would be kinda nice cos my brother said loads of the girls in his college course, business and law wear them like that!...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I'm gonna try one last time :)

70195014-1.jpg

70195054-1.jpg

70179114-1.jpg

• Advertisement

ugggh god i am so sorry but i just thought it would be kinda nice cos my brother said loads of the girls in his college course, business and law wear them like that!...

Didn't you say in some other thread that you want to do business and law? So basically you want to get the uniform sorted before you hit Trinners. Lol

not trinity lol, ucd and i don't know what i want to do, really i'd love to be a model, aint gonna happen seen as i'm only like 5 foot 4...love to own a little boutique with designer clothes too, would be cool to be a therapist, law...theres always money in it, think i could get the points for it in ucd, if not i could always do it in griffith college lol

not trinity lol, ucd and i don't know what i want to do, really i'd love to be a model, aint gonna happen seen as i'm only like 5 foot 4...love to own a little boutique with designer clothes too, would be cool to be a therapist, law...theres always money in it, think i could get the points for it in ucd, if not i could always do it in griffith college lol

would you sell pyjama bottom trousers like those in you little boutique? designer ones of course...

would you sell pyjama bottom trousers like those in you little boutique? designer ones of course...
    harsh but no, i mean haute couture tbh with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

I think some of the posters on this thread are being unfair. The OP is just looking for a bit of fashion advice not to be ridiculed. If people aren't willing to contribute helpful advice they shouldn't be posting. Nothing wrong with being a bit unsure about what you want to wear. That is what this forum is for- fashion advice!
    I think she gets the point about people not liking the trackie bottoms with the shoes but can people give her some good alternatives instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

I have to say, the idea of Dubes with tracksuit bottoms is imo, the worse fashion trend around. I would probably come under the scobe bracket as I live in Dublin City Centre, but that look is awful. If your going to wear tracksuit bottoms, then you have to wear runners with them. I'm not saying it has to be Nike Air Max (which I wear, but I'm a bloke so its different I suppose) or anything like that, but Dubes???? Seriously awful looking footwear at the best of times, but with a tracksuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

No, they'd look unbelievably retarded with dubes.

Just for clarification, you are originally from the country, aren't you?

Just because, well, it'd be completely understandable for you to make such a statement, given that 98.5% of all men outside Dublin haven't a clue what looks good on even themselves, let alone other people, particularly women.

Pythia wrote: »
    Oh god, this is hilarious to read.

Nay, it's utterly cringeworthy and ultimately quite tragic, if this is in anyway a representation to the mindset of todays teenagers/kids.

Xavi: This is lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

lubie76 wrote: »
    I think some of the posters on this thread are being unfair. The OP is just looking for a bit of fashion advice not to be ridiculed. If people aren't willing to contribute helpful advice they shouldn't be posting. Nothing wrong with being a bit unsure about what you want to wear. That is what this forum is for- fashion advice!
    I think she gets the point about people not liking the trackie bottoms with the shoes but can people give her some good alternatives instead?
    A nice pair of runners, perhaps? They are tracksuit bottoms afterall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

rb_ie wrote: »
    No, they'd look unbelievably retarded with dubes.

Just for clarification, you are originally from the country, aren't you?

Just because, well, it'd be completely understandable for you to make such a statement, given that 98.5% of all men outside Dublin haven't a clue what looks good on even themselves, let alone other people, particularly women.

No i clearly did say that.I apologise if anything i said was not in clear and simple english for you.

I hope you are not mistaking me for one of those people who come on threads and start talking a lot of bs to make themselves look cool and give absolutely 0% help to the thread and OP.

Advertisement