Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bailey point, Salthill

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Wow, its a place Ive passed many times but I never knew the car park was open, or that deep. Now Im tempted to go exploring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Wow, its a place Ive passed many times but I never knew the car park was open, or that deep. Now Im tempted to go exploring :)

Bring scuba gear and an emergency locator beacon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

has anyone ever gone down into the car park? it must have been flooded over the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Does anyone have any updates on this place ? will it ever be finished ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Reports of Daniel Craig & Monica Bellucci skulking around stalked by a fillum crew

• Registered Users Posts: 25,688 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Define "finished".

Is there a difference between it and finished-off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Define "finished".

Is there a difference between it and finished-off?

Last I heard litigation was ongoing...so wondering if it had been taken over and completed all the flooding issues/ carpark issues and the Cinema development etc.

Some of the apartments out there look pretty nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

id be totally surprised if a cinema ever materialised there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Some of the apartments out there look pretty nice.

I looked at one of them a few years back.. They are nice and mod inside but they are absolutely tiny and overpriced. They wanted 800 a month for a tiny living room and a bedroom just about big enough for a bed. The view was indeed lovely but there wasn't even a balcony.

Of course when they showed it to us they removed as much furniture as they could so it still looked bigger than it would be. And the common areas already look worn out. Both of us were unimpressed. I feel bad for the owners who bought an apartment there when it was still supposed to be a thriving hub of activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

Is there any update on this property other than the plaster blowing off the wall on the Barna side? I think it is a beautiful building, so annoying to walk past it and see the commercial space closed. I thought it was up for sale??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Still as far as I know going through the courts see prior post from Jan! . It makes the battle of Gorse Hill look like a district court parking fine case you have to admire the tenacity of the legal actions by the Cunninghams and group, will it work though?

It wa for sale...back in 2003!
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/salthill-properties-for-sale-by-receiver-25942688.html

This really is a key aspect of improving Salthill, the sooner the better really, another year or two in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,688 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

voz es wrote: »
    I think it is a beautiful building,

Shoulda gone to Specsavers!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Delicia

facebook.com/PictureDiaryGalwayLady/posts/328909823975148

I can't post links but I thought this was interesting on facebook from February this year

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

I saw a penthouse for sale there not long ago and that looked nice, big with a good balcony but the normal apartments look tiny and claustrophobic. Cant remember how much they wanted for it but seemed good value compared to what else is around Galway. Maybe 200k compared to 150-200 for a pokey place somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 daveblinkbass

Does anyone know the best internet provider in the area, specifically for the Baily Point apartments? I’ve checked Eir, Virgin, Sky, Vodafone etc and the best line speed is 8MB from Eir, which means none of them offer a tv service. Surely I’m missing something. Virgin’s customer care (via web chat) say they don’t service the area. I really thought the UPC would have been in this area back before the takeover.

Any assistance would be a help. Personal experience would be great. Please note, I’m going to pop this into one of the other a Baily Point threads so apologies if duplication is forbidden.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

No need for two threads on Bailey Point internet especially one three years old

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement