Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats your favourite beer brand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Top for me has to be Falcon, unfortunately I haven't seen it anywhere except Sweden.

Back down this part of the world
    Cobra, Tiger and possibly Corona in no particular order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

My favourite beer: without doubt is Stella Artois. People say you either love it or hate and luckily for me I love it. It's the only beer I ever keep in the house.

Honourable mentions:
    Heineken: Lovely beer, still drink it when out the odd time
    Smithwicks: Good old reliable smithwicks. Cheap and tasty. Can get carried away sometimes on them mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

Pints of Tennants up north, never get it on draught down the country much... my local it is the biggest seller and a but cheaper...

also like Heineken, Carling (if England), Super Bock (Portugal), OZ (crownies or TED, Swan and Toohey New)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Heineken, Budweiser, Bavaria(only out of a bottle, Bavaria in a can is fooking piss), Bulmers, Strongbow and slowly but surely beginning to like the Guinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Heineken, Budweiser, Bavaria(only out of a bottle, Bavaria in a can is fooking piss), Bulmers, Strongbow and slowly but surely beginning to like the Guinness.

:eek::eek::eek:..Bavaria out of the can is heaven!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Mine would havto be Tysike. Its easy to drink and @ 5.6% it really hits the spot!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

Leffe or Duvel, the Belgians know their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Just found they have Heineken extra cold out here. I haven't seen that at home, but in this heat, it is damn nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Good god there's a lot of watery phiss drinkers here.

Just started making my own ale at home oh its fecking lovely.

Usualy drink Blacksheep/bishopsfinger or if im feeling cheap Pratzkie a nice beer for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Summer Lightning by the Hopback Brewery is one of the best beers I've tasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

its corona for me or keo from cyprus i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Kwak!,Kwak!

Kwak is my favourite at the moment,Really nice beer with lots of flavour.

http://97bottles.com/breweries/be/oost-vlaanderen/dendermonde/brouweij-bosteels/pauwel-kwak/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Kwak is excellent. I actually have the glass with the wooden handle!! Rodenbach is really refreshing and has been my fave beer for ages, though I stumbled my way through some excellent dark beers in Duseldorf a while back.

If I'm in my local watching a band - Erdinger
    Beer garden - Large Adams cider
    My other local - Duval or Leffe
    BBQ or house party - Sol or Carona (with lime)
    Watching footy at home - Hoegarten

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Tanglefoot, Spitfire, Bitter & Twisted, Badger Ale, Inis & Gunn, Abbott Ale, Old Speckled Hen. And for a real beer you can sink your teeth into: Old Crafty Hen.

(Yea, I fart like a trumpet after a few bottles:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Tanglefoot, Spitfire, Bitter & Twisted, Badger Ale, Inis & Gunn, Abbott Ale, Old Speckled Hen. And for a real beer you can sink your teeth into: Old Crafty Hen.

(Yea, I fart like a trumpet after a few bottles:p)

Amen to that brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

When in the pub Guinness all the way. When I'm drinking at home if I'm out in Tesco I'll pick up a box of whatever is on offer and for random college drinking nights I tend to follow the wise old saying that if you're not drinking Dutch, you're paying too much.

When I was interrailing over the summer I fell in love with Pilsner Urquell. Budvar, Belgian and Germand beers were also not bad at all... Or Polish for that matter. Or Hungarian actually. We get screwed in Ireland:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Anyone ever try Seybrew?? Its the Seychelles national beer. Absolutely lovely. Kinda like Miller... but not.

Cant find it anywhere here.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gunner11

super bock (portuguese)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Erdinger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Beamish, Tiger Beer & Staropramen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RABTMOUSE

I like wheat beers/blonde beers- the ones from Belgium are the best- delicious! They usually have a higher percentage aaand because they have less chemicals then the horrible 'mainstream' beers like heiniken, bud, carlsberg etc you don't get too much of a hangover the following morning:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

Tsing Tao (chinese beer - must be COLD)
    Warsteiner - superb beer
    Harp (Bottles only) easy to drink on a night out
    COLD, COLD pint of Guinness - for that long night ahead
    Pint of Carling Premium
    John Smith

started lately to re-liking budweiser

Can't stand Coors light - thats for people who want to be seen with the blue mountain and talk about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 deca

Defo Chang Beer for me, very hard to get over here though, anyone know where stocks it??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

Perlenbacher, Tiger Beer and Staropramen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

DenMan wrote: »
    Perlenbacher, Tiger Beer and Staropramen.
    We must have similar taste buds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

grenache wrote: »
    We must have similar taste buds :)

Sure looks that way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nellie1980

Tiger beer Asian Beer
    Hoegaarden Belgian beer

Both really good beers in my opinion and my fav a pint of the black stuff if its good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Sierra Nevada Torpedo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Karpakkie

Your only man, nice and fresh. 5% vol. cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Galereux from Lidl

Advertisement