Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats your favourite beer brand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Warsteiner tbh! and at €1 a bottle you can't go wrong. Unless you buy 50.

Next up would be Staropramen, Heineken while i'm out, or anything interesting if i can get away with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Guinness, Bulmers, Budvar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Used to be Budweiser, but ive migrated to Smithwicks a while back.

A question - is Corona an acceptable drink for a man to drink?
    Im a big fan of a few bottles at home, with lime, of course.

But I cant shake the feeling Im developing a metrosexual side.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

What a horrible beer - I've heard it has more chemicals than any other beer in the world, and I'd well believe it.

Guiness.

That could be true, if you read my full post you'll see that i was being a big nerdy mcnerd and going on about my favourite brand, rather than my choice of what id like to drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

meriwether wrote: »

Hummmmmmm, very dodgey territory, i think its only acceptable to have corona when indulging in a Mexican food themed night, when accompanying enchiladas and such, and followed by a tequila or 3......but thats just me! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the one thing I really want that I cant get over ere is a pint of Smithwicks.
    Man thats underappreciated stuff.
    tribulus wrote: »
    I thought myself (and my dad) were the only ones out there!
    but ive migrated to Smithwicks a while back.

I moved to Smithwicks just before Xmas.

It's not the nicest ale available, that would be MacArdles, but Smithwicks is alright. I sometimes get it with a guinness head.

I was in The Sugar Club at the weekend, and I had to teach the barman how to do it :rolleyes:
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    And agreed on VB. What horrible tasting piss that is. How somebody would voluntarily drink it I'll never know.

Agreed, disgusting stuff tbh.

Carlton Cold Xavi? That's a wimmins beer.

Carlton Draught is the biz though, love the quiz questions on the caps!

Crown Lager, also from the Carlton stable, is a nice beer, if not a bit overpriced.

The Coopers range is also delish, and I recently had the stout, man, nicer than bottled guinness.

Don't like Tooheys New.

Hahn Premium has a bit of a european kick to it, probably the hoppiest of the Aussie beers, and is lovely on tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Used to be Budweiser, but ive migrated to Smithwicks a while back.

I thought it was acceptable but only acceptable (never recommended) if there was no lime in it...

However, I like it too. I find it very refreshing on a hot day.
    Head's up though.... if you are drinking outside with fruit in your beer bottle ALWAYS check for wasps before drinking!!!

Or THIS could happen to you.....
    203290560a5061293182l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

ShayK1 wrote: »

HELLO!!!
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

DesF wrote: »
    It's not the nicest ale available, that would be MacArdles, but Smithwicks is alright.

Agreed, disgusting stuff tbh.

Carlton Cold Xavi? That's a wimmins beer.

Carlton Draught is the biz though, love the quiz questions on the caps!

Crown Lager, also from the Carlton stable, is a nice beer, if not a bit overpriced.

The Coopers range is also delish, and I recently had the stout, man, nicer than bottled guinness.

Don't like Tooheys New.

Hahn Premium has a bit of a european kick to it, probably the hoppiest of the Aussie beers, and is lovely on tap.

Macardles is indeed the creme de la creme of Ales, although Smithwicks is a fairly good but underappreciated drink.

Love the Aussie beers myself (and the Monteiths from NZ). Especially the slightly pricey Crown and the excellent Coopers. Haven't been on the Coopers Stout yet but i have heard its good.

Pure Blonde is actually really good as well. Regardless of the whole low-carb bullsh1t attached to it.

I would also add Resch's to the list. Very underrated even in Oz. Generally not found in flashy establishments.

Also got on the Boags there at Christmas and it was good stuff but again pretty pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ibh wrote: »
    I would also add Resch's to the list. Very underrated even in Oz. Generally not found in flashy establishments.
    Wow, so underrated that I'd forgotten about it.

Indeed, a nice tipple.

DesF wrote: »
    Wow, so underrated that I'd forgotten about it.

Indeed, a nice tipple.

It is what i would describe as a good blue collar drink.

I actually forgot to include the ol Harp in my previous post. It would be my lager of choice. None of your fancy american sh1te for me thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

ibh wrote: »
    Macardles is indeed the creme de la creme of Ales, although Smithwicks is a fairly good but underappreciated drink.

Love the Aussie beers myself (and the Monteiths from NZ). Especially the slightly pricey Crown and the excellent Coopers. Haven't been on the Coopers Stout yet but i have heard its good.

Pure Blonde is actually really good as well. Regardless of the whole low-carb bullsh1t attached to it.

Also got on the Boags there at Christmas and it was good stuff but again pretty pricey.

I like a drop of McArdles, but not many places I drink in sell it, so I stick to the Guinness.

Top beer for me though, is Wadworths 6X, tis made by the gods I tell ye:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I don't care what people say, Bulmers is the way to go. Delish! And I hate the taste of regular beer I'm sorry to say *hangs head in shame*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

cobra or tiger.

kev_s88 wrote: »
    cobra or tiger.

I'd say a tiger. But you never know, those cobras can be a snakey(!!) little b@stards.
    I did see a youtube video once of a lion vs a tiger but i cant remember which one won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

guinness for me, followed closely by bass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Corona, Heineken, Cobra - in that order!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Of course! There's ain't no man like a mexican man.
    gucci wrote: »
    Hummmmmmm, very dodgey territory, i think its only acceptable to have corona when indulging in a Mexican food themed night, when accompanying enchiladas and such, and followed by a tequila or 3......but thats just me! :pac::pac:
    Themed night? Now there's a meterosexual thought if ever I've heard one.
    Although I do enjoy a buttsex themed night.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

How come nobody's said Sol yet? Sol rules!
    I vaguely remember drunkenly crying after breaking a bottle of Sol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The only decent Mexican beer I've ever tasted is Tecate. Can't get it here though. Corona and Sol are awful watery IMO.

Erdinger
    Paulaner
    Schofferhofer
    Maisels Weisse
    These would be my favourites at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Heino, Paulaner, Franzizkaner.

Bavaria on the cheap haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Duval, Budvar, and Guinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Naikon wrote: »
    Duval, Budvar, and Guinness.

lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Tiger all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i have to add when i get erdinger i ask for it in a normal pint glass, i hate looking poncy drinking out of a poncy glass.

Cremo wrote: »
    i have to add when i get erdinger i ask for it in a normal pint glass, i hate looking poncy drinking out of a poncy glass.

How is it poncy? I love those glasses. I get really pissed off when they don't use an erdinger glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Heineken or Miller for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

Guinness or Carlsberg export,standard bottles of Carlsberg are yukk.

Advertisement