Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could This Be You?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Riskymove wrote: »
    How do you know that these were put up by her........has the thought not occurred to you that someone is playing a malicious prank on her ??
    I doubt thats the case here, seems a bit too 'perfect' (considering the info)for a prank.
    cormie wrote: »
    Like the majority of people who have email addresses, she probably didn't know she could be tracked with her bebo page etc by it.
    Agreed. A lot of people dont realise that the days of anonymity online are pretty much gone
    What other sites asbad?
    Well just the one site, but when it ends up on a chan board you can be damn sure of the outcome
    http://i27.tinypic.com/2uzccww.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Asbad wrote: »
    I doubt thats the case here, seems a bit too 'perfect' (considering the info)for a prank.

you really think that a woman with a three-month old baby has come all the way to Ireland to put up a couple of these posters?

I think that the information on the poster contains info that a mate of the target would know.

you really think that a woman with a three-month old baby has come all the way to Ireland to put up a couple of these posters?

I think that the information on the poster contains info that a mate of the target would know.

Whats to say she isn't still in Ireland? Or that she ever left.

I hope people are crediting me on these other sites for finding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

you really think that a woman with a three-month old baby has come all the way to Ireland to put up a couple of these posters?.

Nope, but Im guessing she was here for a while and made friends, who she then asked to put up the posters.
    With that said I wonder why she is going touring europe after just having a baby :confused:

I can't argue with that.

Whats to say she isn't still in Ireland? Or that she ever left.

I hope people are crediting me on these other sites for finding it.

earlier posts seem to indicate that her bebo or facebook indicates she went back to Oz to have the child

• Advertisement

Asbad wrote: »
    Nope, but Im guessing she was here for a while and made friends, who she then asked to put up the posters.
    With that said I wonder why she is going touring europe after just having a baby :confused:

this is what I would of thought too but that just increases chances of soemone having mutual friends...getting her email etc and making up these posters to get a mate!!!

especially if they knew where said mate was going drinking on this Paddy's day!!

especially if they knew where said mate was going drinking on this Paddy's day!!

You do realise that the poster was about Paddy's Day last year.

Also they were not on any pubs that I noticed. Like I had stated previously, they were on the former clothes shop on the corner across from the Treasure Chest and on Taffes, where the Unique sign is.

I realise this thread *might* be locked. Just for the record, this thread was not started to be malicious, it was started to see had anyone else seen these signs and/or had any knowledge of it.

The posters do not give across whether or not she was pregnant or had HIV/AIDs, so had it been either of these, don't you think that the information should be spread for the guy's sake?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

What hassle? A sewing circle on a web page talking about her poster? Big deal.
    As I have already said on this thread, people here haven't just discussed it they have also pushed it out to other sites for the sake of amusement only - not to help. The hassle is the unwanted attention that has been brought on her and the baby we assume to be hers. The hassle is the snide and nasty comments being spread here, which like her email address are also going to be very visible on the internet.

You do realise that the poster was about Paddy's Day last year.

Also they were not on any pubs that I noticed. Like I had stated previously, they were on the former clothes shop on the corner across from the Treasure Chest and on Taffes, where the Unique sign is.

I realise this thread *might* be locked. Just for the record, this thread was not started to be malicious, it was started to see had anyone else seen these signs and/or had any knowledge of it.

The posters do not give across whether or not she was pregnant or had HIV/AIDs, so had it been either of these, don't you think that the information should be spread for the guy's sake?

What i meant was that they might know where the intended target might be and put the signs there..

Look, I don't know if its real or not, but either way taking the piss out of her is not right.......its either a big joke on her or some local lad or else there is a serious issue like you suggest

What i meant was that they might know where the intended target might be and put the signs there..

Look, I don't know if its real or not, but either way taking the piss out of her is not right.......its either a big joke on her or some local lad or else there is a serious issue like you suggest

Had this been a prank/a joke then I fully retract all statements I have made. But even if it was a prank/joke then wouldn't it be better that it had been brought to her attention, and had this thread not been creating, do you really think it would have been?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

janeybabe wrote: »
    Well then maybe she's better off without him.

Maybe she is better off without him. Maybe she doesn't want anything from him at all other than to know who he is. It's surely the right of every child to at least know their father's name. Knowing a bit about their father is an important piece of information to most people from the perspective of understanding their own identity and also for medical reasons.

If it is a serious issue and not a prank then I feel thoroughly sorry for her and her baby. She would probably have a better chance of finding who she is looking for if he didn't see her bebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

ciotog wrote: »
    As I have already said on this thread, people here haven't just discussed it they have also pushed it out to other sites for the sake of amusement only - not to help. The hassle is the unwanted attention that has been brought on her and the baby we assume to be hers. The hassle is the snide and nasty comments being spread here, which like her email address are also going to be very visible on the internet.

OK I'm going to bow out of this discussion now except for 2 clarifications:

"The hassle is the unwanted attention that has been brought on her and the baby we assume to be hers."

She put up a public poster, under no duress, that is wanted attention.

"The hassle is the snide and nasty comments being spread here"

Which she would have been blissfully unaware of had it not being for only one poster here, who you agree with, sending her a message directing her here. Otherwise it would have remained about as much "hassle" to her as a bunch of people talking about it down the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

This was a good thread untill people started getting all hormonal and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

chilly wrote: »
    Maybe she is better off without him. Maybe she doesn't want anything from him at all other than to know who he is. It's surely the right of every child to at least know their father's name.

Ya and she's getting more exposure now so it can't be a bad thing.

And if you're going to go down the route of the right to know the father's name, maybe she'd have a better chance of finding him if she knew his name herself! :p

God, this thread used to be fun. People are taking it very personally.

janeybabe wrote: »
    God, this thread used to be fun. People are taking it very personally.

They're all just a bunch of party poopers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

togster wrote: »
    This was a good thread untill people started getting all hormonal and stuff.

+1

People are taking this way too seriously. If an individual posts up a notice in the busiest parts of this city, which is to all intents and purposes a desperate attempt to find the father of a baby borne from a one night stand, then it is totally forseeable that such a notice would come up for discussion in many areas inculding the internet. To be honest it wouldn't be at all surprised if this appeared in some of the daily gutter press.

Compounding this fact, the aussie girl has posted up her email address for all to see. It was therefore more than inevitabe that some individual would either google that email address or just type it into Bebo or Facebook to reveal the identity of the girl in the poster, as has been done.

It is somewhat disingenuous to say that the publicity surrounding this poster has put the father off making contact. If anything this level of publicity wold make it more likely that this girl would come to the attention of the father. Moreover why would the father react differently if he saw the poster here or on shop street?

As for the aussie girl being "hassled" by some of the posts, frankly if one puts such a sensational story into the public domain then they have to live with the forseeable consequences of it. At worst this "hassle" is fair comment or even playful banter.

well to the last few posters I just want to re-iterate my point that we don't know for sure that this girl has actually put up the posters and that it isn't something malicious at heart

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

OK I'm going to bow out of this discussion now except for 2 clarifications:

"The hassle is the unwanted attention that has been brought on her and the baby we assume to be hers."

She put up a public poster, under no duress, that is wanted attention.

"The hassle is the snide and nasty comments being spread here"

Which she would have been blissfully unaware of had it not being for only one poster here, who you agree with, sending her a message directing her here. Otherwise it would have remained about as much "hassle" to her as a bunch of people talking about it down the pub.
    Handy enough to bow out as you lob in your clarifications :)

The wanted attention was to find the guy referred to in the poster. The name calling and abuse that came after that is harassment - that is not wanted.

As for being blissfully unaware of it - this hasn't just stayed on this board. It was deliberately posted elsewhere for entertainment value. galwaybabe's mail to her seemed like the decent thing to give her a chance at some damage limitation now that some people here turned it into tabloid fodder. We don't know how many others made contact with her to slag her off or how many will do so as a result of people in this thread pushing the story to other sites. Asking 'Is this you' may have been helpful but a number of people on this thread decided to be nasty and abusive at her expense - that's what I find objectionable. She didn't ask for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I don't think it would be big or clever of anyone to get in touch with this girl to take the piss out of her, or to call her ugly/AIDS-ridden on a public forum, although I think that is inevitable. However, assuming she put those posters up herself, she must have been willing to take the risk that people who see them (on the street or internet) could identify her via her email address and maybe take the piss a bit. I feel sorry for her, it was a bold step to put those posters up but maybe not the brightest thing to do either. boneyarsebogman isn't at fault for posting that pic here, its up to individual readers' consciences to decide whether or not to be an arsehole about the whole thing.

(Having a chuckle about it/sending a link to a friend doesn't equate to being an arsehole about it ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

People who don't /private their bebo = idiots, quite frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I stand by what I said. Babies LOVE Pot Noodle...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »

I've just made certain mine is after this topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »

My bebo is so private that sometimes it wont even allow me to view my page!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Why people feel the need to expose somebody just because they left themselves open for it amazes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Dam the PC brigade have ruined this thread....
    Dam no good do gooders

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm not PC at all. I just don't think it's a nice thing to expose somebody like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

cormie wrote: »
    I'm not PC at all. I just don't think it's a nice thing to expose somebody like this.

True but tbh it's more a comedy than anything vindictive....
    There was no need to put it on Digg, thats a bit evil

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Right so.
    Lesson learned people?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement