Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could This Be You?

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

Her profile pic shows her with a new born baby. Her album called "Bethany" is filled with photos of a baby, presumably hers. They have been posted recently. It all seems pretty clear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Those posters seem "fresh" maybe she is back in Galway right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

No super sleuth points for the Galway boards brigade.

I'm kindda sickened that I've taken this much of an interest but...

If you read through her comments you can see that she left Ireland over 41
    weeks ago.(I won't post the name of the person commenting as they're from Galway)

Comment 41weeks ago :
    wats d story??hows everything goin-where r u now??u missin ireland and more importantly the menlo??

Then in a comment 23 weeks ago someone leaves a comment on her bebo congratulating her, presumably, on her pregnancy and mentions she's returned home to Austrailia:

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!thats mad just heard the other day!how u feelin-alot 2 take in id say!!its great that ur bak home doh!!raise a little aussie!!"

So the time line is right for somebody here to be daddy! Maybe thats not what it's about at all though .
    Still... oh the scandal :)
    I agree though... we are all having enough fun here. Emailing her for a laugh would be really very cruel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

What?! You know there is a possibility that she visited Ireland a year ago, left, and is back again!

Of course I'm aware of that possibility.

That's why I said "more than likely" and not "definitely".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

For the record I never touched melissamcnuggethead, she should have more sense than to stick pics of her minging bonce on bebo for all to find. (And whats with the black bra straps?)

The last time I had hoohaa in the Eyre Square apts over the shopping centre was with myself and it was lovely but I am not guilty of this heinous crime.

These apartments are very spacious but suffer from being too close to the centre of town.

Own up now, whichever one of ye did this - she looks like a lovely girl and needs a nice fella to make Pot Noodle for her and the baby. Babies love Pot Noodle so they do.

'cptr

• Advertisement

There's 2 of the posters around Galway that I've seen. One was on the clothes shop that used to be on the corner across from the Treasure Chest and the other was on Taffe's, near the Unique sign. Surprised nobody else noticed it.

Amazing that ye found the bebo page. The poster itself seemed to give across the impression that it was last year that this happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Amazing that ye found the bebo page. The poster itself seemed to give across the impression that it was last year that this happened.

That's why she is back this year, somebody told her the Irish drink to a religious schedule every year....anyone in the kings head get lucky last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

*mono* wrote: »
    Totally stupid, but then again she is prob thinking what have I got to lose, apart from total shame on the net...

you can lose that?

this is the best thread in the history of the interweb she hasn't been online in 2 days she doesn't know we're talking about her!

lol http://digg.com/people/Is_this_you_2/who

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

For the record I never touched melissamcnuggethead, she should have more sense than to stick pics of her minging bonce on bebo for all to find. (And whats with the black bra straps?)

The last time I had hoohaa in the Eyre Square apts over the shopping centre was with myself and it was lovely but I am not guilty of this heinous crime.

These apartments are very spacious but suffer from being too close to the centre of town.

Own up now, whichever one of ye did this - she looks like a lovely girl and needs a nice fella to make Pot Noodle for her and the baby. Babies love Pot Noodle so they do.

'cptr
    Message sent to Melissa just now via her bebo
    Hi Melissa,
    I think you should know about the discussion on boards.ie about your poster in Galway.Have a look at it here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256953
    You may have to copy and paste into your address bar as I don't think this will come up as a link.
    If I were you I'd reply to the **** who are discussing you and put them in their place. I'm going to post something too.
    If you want I'll try to find your posters and take them down for you if you're not in Galway
    All the best

Lo and behold, her facebook here.

Unfortunately ya gotta be a friend to view her page though.

I guess it's only fair that nobody bothers her about this, so nobody do it now, y'hear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Hi Melissa,
    I think you should know about the discussion on boards.ie about your poster in Galway.Have a look at it here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256953
    You may have to copy and paste into your address bar as I don't think this will come up as a link.
    If I were you I'd reply to the **** who are discussing you and put them in their place. I'm going to post something too.
    If you want I'll try to find your posters and take them down for you if you're not in Galway
    All the best

Surely publicity helps her cause? Why would she want the posters taken down!?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

I doubt she expected the sort of 'publicity' that is being dished out on this thread.

Hi Melissa,
    All the best

Well aren't you a barrel of laughs.
    1. We all agreed that we would not bother her with this
    2. We are giving her the publicity she obviously wants, she put up posters obviously
    3. We are helping her find the person she is looking for
    4. Nobody has really said anything bad towards her or her baby

So we're **** for this? Gee.
    ciotog wrote: »
    I doubt she expected the sort of 'publicity' that is being dished out on this thread.

She put up 2 or more posters on the busiest parts of the city with her e-mail address. What sort of 'publicity' do you think she wants?

If she objects to this thread, thats fine, but otherwise there is no real problem with this.

Hmmm....why would she be bothered? Let me think about that

Hmmm....why would she be bothered? Let me think about that

Surely had she gone to the bother of sticking these posters up around Galway, then the one thing she wouldnt want is for them to be taken down.

Surely had she gone to the bother of sticking these posters up around Galway, then the one thing she wouldnt want is for them to be taken down.

I don't think she was expecting a full on discussion about her and her child on some random forum, do you?
    She's about to learn the hard way not to put her email address in a public place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Well someone just posted this on other sites, so the poor girl is in for a ****storm now.

Well aren't you a barrel of laughs.
    1. We all agreed that we would not bother her with this
    2. We are giving her the publicity she obviously wants, she put up posters obviously
    3. We are helping her find the person she is looking for
    4. Nobody has really said anything bad towards her or her baby

So we're **** for this? Gee.
    Does 'not bother' include; name calling, posting the name of the baby, posting details to Digg to invite more publicity? This isn't helping her find the person it's about people having a laugh at someone else from behind their keyboards.
    She put up 2 or more posters on the busiest parts of the city with her e-mail address. What sort of 'publicity' do you think she wants?

If she objects to this thread, thats fine, but otherwise there is no real problem with this.
    I'd say she naively expected that the posters would encourage the guy to get in contact with her via email. I doubt she expected this thread to develop i.e. she still had reasonable expectations of privacy. Just because she put up her email address doesn't mean she invited people to dig into her life and gossip about her here.

She would probably want the posters to come down having seen the lurid discussion over the course of this thread.

Hi Melissa,
    All the best

she put her email in plain view to everyone. she coulda left details behind the bar or something. far handier and it wouldn't have led to this

danniemcq wrote: »
    she put her email in plain view to everyone. she coulda left details behind the bar or something. far handier and it wouldn't have led to this
    Aren't you the person who posted this to Digg? How can you then say 'it wouldn't have led to this'? Just because she published her email in this way doesn't mean people had to go out of their way to create hassle for her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What other sites asbad?

Aren't you the person who posted this to Digg? How can you then say 'it wouldn't have led to this'? Just because she published her email in this way doesn't mean people had to go out of their way to create hassle for her.

My sentiments exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

What hassle? A sewing circle on a web page talking about her poster? Big deal.

To be honest I hope she finds the guy she's looking for, for whatever reason, it was important enough for her to put up that poster. You never know, it might be spotted by someone who can help, either on here, or on digg or wherever.

Galwaybabe is the only one who sent her a message, or contacted her in anyway, perhaps that's the hassle you mean?

Asbad wrote: »
    Well someone just posted this on other sites, so the poor girl is in for a ****storm now.

Which sites?
    Galwaybabe is the only one who sent her a message, or contacted her in anyway, perhaps that's the hassle you mean?

Exactly.

Like I stated earlier, she had put them up in the busiest parts of Galway on one of the busiest days of the year. I can only imagine I wasn't the first to have seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Like the majority of people who have email addresses, she probably didn't know she could be tracked with her bebo page etc by it. Naive, yes, but you folk may have just ruined any chance she ever had of finding the father to that baby.

Had he just seen the posters he may have popped her a mail to see what the story was/meet up etc. He's probably more likely to spot this on the net now though and realise he's a father and possibly be too afraid to approach her.

Yes, I'm sure by posting her email address she may have expected to get a few prank replies, but it would have been soon obvious which were pranks and which were genuine. This is a whole different kettle of fish though and wouldn't have been expected with the assumed anonymity of an email address.

If i was with somebody that looked like that i wouldn't want to be found either....

That's hassle

Originally Posted by boneyarsebogman View Post
    That's why she is back this year, somebody told her the Irish drink to a religious schedule every year....anyone in the kings head get lucky last night?

So's that

Etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

cormie wrote: »
    Like the majority of people who have email addresses, she probably didn't know she could be tracked with her bebo page etc by it. Naive, yes, but you folk may have just ruined any chance she ever had of finding the father to that baby.

Had he just seen the posters he may have popped her a mail to see what the story was/meet up etc. He's probably more likely to spot this on the net now though and realise he's a father and possibly be too afraid to approach her.

Well then maybe she's better off without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

janeybabe wrote: »
    Well then maybe she's better off without him.

As a father to a child he still has responsibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

How do you know that these were put up by her........has the thought not occurred to you that someone is playing a malicious prank on her ??

• Advertisement

yes i put it on digg but i woulda done it anyway even if it didn't have an email. why? because its a rather funny and amusing sign.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement