Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulse recording college

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭ebaysellerrob

I made a post about these courses in the last thread about sound courses maybe you should make it a stcky Im kinda getting sick of there being a new thread about it each week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I made a post about these courses in the last thread about sound courses maybe you should make it a stcky Im kinda getting sick of there being a new thread about it each week

+1
    I've suggested an Education Sticky 100's of times. Happens every year...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

studiorat wrote: »
    +1
    I've suggested an Education Sticky 100's of times. Happens every year...

That's true .... it is about time, especially as it's such an important issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kiddmx1

i am in 2nd year in pulse at the moment and to say that there isnt a lot politics and favouritism involved is bull****. they have their "favourites" picked out since first year, and it doesnt really seem like some of the lectures are bothered anymore. a lot of the equipment is in need of repair and theres always some reason why its not working or even there that day. i like the course for what it can do but theres a lot of bull**** being told when you enrol, its not what they hype it up to be at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

kiddmx1 wrote: »
    they have their "favourites" picked out since first year,

Is that because they're the best ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

kiddmx1 wrote: »
    i am in 2nd year in pulse at the moment and to say that there isnt a lot politics and favouritism involved is bull****. they have their "favourites" picked out since first year, and it doesnt really seem like some of the lectures are bothered anymore. a lot of the equipment is in need of repair and theres always some reason why its not working or even there that day. i like the course for what it can do but theres a lot of bull**** being told when you enrol, its not what they hype it up to be at all.

i never seen favourites. what i saw was the better students getting ahead and rightly so. if someone is working their ass off and getting results then they deserve to be the ones getting the sessions in windmill 1.

if someone sits back and expects things to happen they deserve nothing, doesnt matter how much you pay.

thats how this industry is - the lazy ones and the untalented wont make it. its a simple cold hard fact.

gear in there was always working. what exactly isnt working properly? maybe a compressor or a mic or two but thats everyday stuff for a studio. currently in our place we're down a 2500 euro amp, a cymbal stand, 2 compressors and a floor tom as they all need work done to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

i never seen favourites. what i saw was the better students getting ahead and rightly so.

+1

Thats the way to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gconnolly07

i go to pulse im in 2nd year at the moment, and i duno what your on about, the equipment in there pretty much always works the only thing ive seen broken is the odd mic and that which is normal everywhere, and theres plenty of others to use. and if someone isnt bothered working or turning up of course theyre not gona get any help. id recommend pulse to anyone and have mates lookin to go there next year. and what exactly do you mean by politics in there?!?!

Advertisement