Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

What's he like price wise

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I have found them to be reasonable enough and very obliging. Unlike a particular main dealer garage locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

P.P. refused for a 42 housing development in Fenagh; it contravened the 25 unit plan in CDP from 2022-2028 & there were 5 other conditions attached as to why also (file is in decision tab) https://www.eplanning.ie/CarlowCC/AppFileRefDetails/22354/0

No mention in the file (yet.....) of who objected, but, as per KCLR Live on Tuesday morning, the Cathaoirleach raised issue of PBP Cllr. having objected to it....despite being a Cllr. who, oh, you know, should know the CDP as part of her role.

As it was a live planning issue at the time no more could be said about it but it was raised previous day at the monthly meeting; her reasons for objection will be interesting; the plan was going to fail given the CDP limitations on amount of houses permitted in the area.

Hallmark're coming to town. Opening in New Year "sometime" but early into Q1; signs're on it. Literally.

Bus Pk. is close to finishing; I'd be shocked if anything beyond a fortnight, if that, is required; the lighting is much better too & there's 2 new bus shelters alongside each other too.

• Advertisement

Our local PBP who seems to've won her seat in a lucky bag left over from the 80s proposed the Liberty Tree remain light up in decorative lighting for the Winter months & the motion got passed https://carlow-nationalist.ie/2022/12/29/motion-calls-for-liberty-tree-to-be-lit-up/?fbclid=IwAR029e0vNghjyHpV95KJMZPEidKe9OG_lGobuAh4jx0ztEHOvA-_Y3SQK8o

In the biggest energy & cost of living crisis my generation has ever seen.

Joke of a council it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

I see a man has been missing since Friday. Ger O Connell 61, was last seen in Graigue in the early hours on Friday, hope he turns up well

Folly of Cllr. Wallace wanting her tummy tickled, belly rubbed in her motion to keep on the Christmas ("Decorative" lights can be seen (pardon pun) by Liberty Tree & Tullow St. being light up from about 4pm & it bright now til 5:15-5:30pm.........

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

The bus park is a joke at this stage, it's still not open.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭RossGeller

Heard a phone was robbed from the Eir shop on Tullow Street.

How do they get the phone out, aren't they locked away. The display models are tied to the table as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

the demo models are sometimes loose, my son was playing with a S22 the other day not attached to anything.

Anywhere in Carlow to rent a campervan for a weekend?

Town bus service began testing today; spotted one with destination "Test"; blue & yellow livery as standard; operated by BE for TfI; due to come into operation at some point in May...............

Update re bus park as per Ind. Cllr. John Cassin "The Carlow Town Bus Park will reopen at 8.00am on Tuesday 7th February.

The temporary bus stops will remain in place until 8.00am on Tuesday 7th February.

All bus service providers have been notified of the reopening time & date of the bus park"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

@Nokia6230i chemists in town won't be too happy about that.

Certainly a game changer and with the introduction of town bus service on that route it'll increase footfall in the retail park too if planning is secured.

Has anyone else noticed how there's always students from St.Leos just walking around town all day, hanging out in Cafes and Pubs.

Do the school not take attendance like other schools do?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

They have an electronic card system where if the student doesn't log in at the door on going in in the morning, the parent gets a text. First to 3rd years are not allowed out at all, 4th to 6th are allowed out at lunchtime so if they are in a kilt (as opposed to a skirt) then are 4th year and above

Its not uncommon to see them going up and down to the Visual or Cathedral for something and PE is not the strongest point up there as sometime they are just taken for a walk.

I see far more from Pres around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Have to say, I am liking the mini Dolmen's about the town. One in the bus park and one across the road from Shamrock Plaza on Green Lane.

Hopefully they are cemented together and cemented into the ground.

• Advertisement

Agreed; in fairness to the planners, they're making positive changes to the public realm when doing upgrades; the Eire Og roundabout being another positive example & the visual installation on the ground @ Braun for example; problem is upkeep once the impression has initially worn off and, of course, mindless vandalism by the usual scrotes but sure lookit, for now we'll take such positives for sure.

Am a fan of Hanvoer Pk too since it's redesign; much easier to walk through day & night; still some funding to be secured to include a bike park & some accessible parking spaces and one or two other additions but for now it's certainly an upgrade on its previous incarnation.

Went through bus park today & am impressed by the upgrade too incl. aforementioned Dolmen.

Too much negativity in certain quarters about anything the council do; clicks are more important than facts it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

Dolmens going up in Shamrock square too. I guess part of the reason is that once they are done, they are relatively low maintenance but some of the stones etc used resemble left over graveyard chippings so not a huge fan to be honest. I'd have preferred to see wildflowers or something a bit more green but at least some effort is being made. I do like the benches on O'Brien road though, especially the ones with the hairdryers in the paving.

The problem isn't the new Bus park, it's how long it took

That should've been a two week job, when it took months.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

Back in the day you would not be seen down the town during school hours and even if you went to the dentist you would have a card in case Guard Cesaer stopped you .{ I think he is still around ? } . It is redicoulous how many students are down the town during school hours . I never liked school and understand the difficulties in falling through the system .

Carlow towns St. Patricks Day Parade makes its return this year; kicks off at 3pm with also a Family Fun Day on Potato Market from 2pm-5 O'Clock https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=261908366158993&set=a.256608973355599

St. Patricks Day Parade route for Carlow town is broadly same as up to/pre 2019 with a Family Fun Day on Potato Market from 2pm-5 O'Clock and one side of this area will also be dedicated to a sensory friendly environment for those with such needs.

Parade leads off at 3pm.

Viewing stand will be in Dinn Ri car park @ Liberty Tree approx. like in 2019.

The parade will start at the old Perry's Cash and Carry as in previous years travelling up towards Dinn Ri Car Park. The viewing stand will be at the Liberty Tree. Parade continues up Kennedy Avenue turning left onto Barrack Street and then left again onto Tullow Street. At the end of Tullow Street, cross over onto Castle Hill and left back to starting point.

Burrin St. as before for vehicular floats; vintage vehicles to line up down Pembroke.

€241,000 worth of drugs seized in Carlow, man in 40s & woman in 30s arrested.....and subsquently charged at Kilkenny District Ct. today, Friday the 24th of February..........and NO local media coverage of court sitting.......bizarre.

https://kclr96fm.com/search-operation-in-carlow-sees-two-arrested-and-drugs-worth-e241500-seized/

• Advertisement

Sunnivas Cafe which took over Coolanowle Foodhall on Dublin St. in recent months (Summer I think?) has ceased trading in recent weeks.

Georges Coffee House on Tullow St. has also shut its doors in past fortnight or so too.

Advertisement