Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port team project good idea or not

Options
  • 12-03-2008 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I'm starting this thread not to get names but opinions me and my friend are starting an under 14s team (that age will grow up as we do) I was just wondering do you guys think it is a good idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

As far as i know none of the current sites allow under 14's to play....so maybe you should check with your local site first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

the youngest is 12 in G-tac as far as i remember, and you must have a parent playing with you up until 14

all other sites are minimum 14 and some sites are even 18+ only

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Arcto wrote: »
    As far as i know none of the current sites allow under 14's to play....so maybe you should check with your local site first.

Gtac does, but parent/Guardian must be present I believe.

Snap! KDouglas.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

I really dont want to change the topic,though dont fully understand the topic maybe I'm not off, nor do I wish to start another thread bit I would like to let you know that I wouldn't be happy with people under the age of 15 playing airsoft with me, for their saftey as much as mine but most of all for the saftey of airsoft.
    I personally wouldn't like to see people under the age of 18 owning airsoft guns and I'm 17(you will think the same as me when you're my age. To be honest, it's worth waiting for.
    Just my 2 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Drogheda accepts 12s and older so long as you have the forms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mark_Sc wrote: »
    I really dont want to change the topic,though dont fully understand the topic maybe I'm not off, nor do I wish to start another thread bit I would like to let you know that I wouldn't be happy with people under the age of 15 playing airsoft with me, for their saftey as much as mine but most of all for the saftey of airsoft.
    I personally wouldn't like to see people under the age of 18 owning airsoft guns and I'm 17(you will think the same as me when you're my age. To be honest, it's worth waiting for.
    Just my 2 cents.

Well, I'm 17 in the next few weeks I doubt I'll agree with you then. I think 14 but purchased by over 18s only is the right way to have it. The limit is 12s in pred.

I'd just like to make sure that I am keeping a very high level of maturity and responsibility on the team

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Keggers wrote: »
    I'd just like to make sure that I am keeping a very high level of maturity and responsibility on the team

So long as people are mature enough to play by the rules and are not going to run off crying when hit, then I don't care what age they are.

I've seen players in their 20's & 30's who cheat and get all worked up over being hit. And I've seen 11 year old's play with no problem.

Being a no contact sport, I don't see safety as being an issue. I'd rather younger teens be spending their pocket money on airsoft rather than drugs & alcohol.

So, you have my full support for an under 14's team, but you will have problems finding a place to play I'm afraid. (which brings up the issue that under 14's will be forced to play in places they shouldn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

dont let anyone stop you man, I dont let anyone stop me! (and they never will):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,460 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

which brings up the issue that under 14's will be forced to play in places they shouldn't

I've never actually thought of that in relation to the whole age limit on skirmish sites debate. Think It's enough to really make me reconsider my previous opinion.

Perhaps HRTA needs a ball pool area or something*. Actually, ball pool airsoft. That'd be really cool :)

*This is a joke.
    Hey guys I'm starting this thread not to get names but opinions me and my friend are starting an under 14s team (that age will grow up as we do) I was just wondering do you guys think it is a good idea?

As the others have mentioned, you'll run into difficulty on certain sites age wise. Find out what site is closest to you and what its age limit is. If you're too young there's not a lot you can do other than wait a year or two.

But then again, airsoft is still in its infancy here. Who knows where the next skirmish site will open up and what its age limit will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

dressing up in camo, pretending to be a commando, playing wit a toy gun, its just a glorified game of cowboys and indians :D its some of the older players id be worried about

Any of ye got dads with land? That would be the best idea tbh. Get enough of you and your mates and play with each other. Train like f-=k and when you all turn 14 come out of your box and hit the irish world of airsoft by storm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

this thread is not about whether or not under 18s/16s/14s etc... should be allowed play, so please keep it on-topic everyone

run off crying when hit,

Obviously you have never met my friends some of may remember that day in feb when there was a huge firing squad (I was the guy getting shot) but those kids were some of the guys who are going to be joining the team. I don't know if you were there rabbit but they weren't the type of guys to run off crying :pac: wakka

Obviously you have never met my friends some of may remember that day in feb when there was a huge firing squad (I was the guy getting shot) but those kids were some of the guys who are going to be joining the team. I don't know if you were there rabbit but they weren't the type of guys to run off crying :pac: wakka

I reserve judgement until after they've played as the Juggernaut in a game of Juggernaut. ;)

However, it's the site owners that you need to convince, not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Any of ye got dads with land? That would be the best idea tbh. Get enough of you and your mates and play with each other. Train like f-=k and when you all turn 14 come out of your box and hit the irish world of airsoft by storm:D

Thanks man, im the other friend and I was kinda thinking the same thing, and I agree that this thread was about asking people who may want to join the team or give us tips on how to start the team, ice cold

By the way none of our fathers have land( theres only three of us) but I live in the countryside(don't laugh) and my uncle owns plenty of land which he'd probably be willing to give us a loan of. Oh yeh and just for your information Mark Sc, the reason we only have three members(still not verified) is because we fear other people we know that are interested may be too immature. Ice cold monkey

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    By the way none of our fathers have land( theres only three of us) but I live in the countryside(don't laugh) and my uncle owns plenty of land which he'd probably be willing to give us a loan of. Oh yeh and just for your information Mark Sc, the reason we only have three members(still not verified) is because we fear other people we know that are interested may be too immature. Ice cold monkey

i think ya would need public liability insurance

:cool::cool::cool:

I have to say, I am very impressed by you guys, you do seem very mature and do seem to know what you're doing. I know what I said before was... well greedy.. sorry, I do wish the best for oyour team.

Hope I offended no one

blay1 wrote: »

Blay, consider this:

If said bunch of lads(not a club, just a bunch of mates) get permission to use the land from the uncle, and played a game of football, would they need public liability? No.

So, if they played airsoft instead what would casue them to need insurance? TBH a football can do more damage than a bb in most cases.

• Advertisement

Blay, consider this:

If said bunch of lads(not a club, just a bunch of mates) get permission to use the land from the uncle, and played a game of football, would they need public liability? No.

So, if they played airsoft instead what would casue them to need insurance? TBH a football can do more damage than a bb in most cases.

AFAIK, public liability insurance only comes into play if you are operating a business on the site...i.e, charging players to use the site. Using football as an example, anyone can play on public land, but commercial sites such as stadiums and sports grounds need public liability insurance.

Mark_Sc wrote: »
    I have to say, I am very impressed by you guys, you do seem very mature and do seem to know what you're doing. I know what I said before was... well greedy.. sorry, I do wish the best for oyour team.

Hope I offended no one

Thanks man, I knew we could change your mind!!! and by the way the reason we are trying to be so mature about it is that well I for one was barely allowed get an airsoft gun, and I don't want to give my parents an excuse to take it off me. Not to say that we wouldn't be mature anyway, but that's a really good way of stopping me doing something stupid. I know this doesn't have anything to do with this thread but if someone owned an airsoft gun over one joule before that law came in would they be allowed keep it, or was that law always there???
    ice cold monkey:cool:

Blay, consider this:

lethal, i said i THINK, there was no need to be smart. a simple no they dont

need public liability would have been fine

Ye lethal, he was just sayin, although that was a good way of making it clear.

ice cold monkey:cool:

Sorry blay. I was just explaining it as it crops up a lot but, as rabbit confirmed, only buisnesses need it.

Monkey, I get your drift, we're in the same position. Any messing and out comes the angle grinder, no joke:eek:

Sorry blay. I was just explaining it as it crops up a lot but, as rabbit confirmed, only buisnesses need it.

Monkey, I get your drift, we're in the same position. Any messing and out comes the angle grinder, no joke:eek:

ah dont worry about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

blay1 wrote: »

What are you talking about? Why on earth would they need PLI? They're not opening up a site, they're just wanting a place to play.

Beast ASI wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Why on earth would they need PLI? They're not opening up a site, they're just wanting a place to play.

its being explained by lethal, just leave it now :cool:

MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    I know this doesn't have anything to do with this thread but if someone owned an airsoft gun over one joule before that law came in would they be allowed keep it, or was that law always there???

Before the 1j law they were completly illeagal.
    If you owned one before that came in and a guard discovered you had one he probably wouldn't even ask when you got it.
    If you came into the gaurda station and said "I confess it all man, I had one all along, I feel so guilty man, just lock me up and throw away the key!" he'd probably look at you funny.

Does that help at all?

• Advertisement

On topic please (I know I sound like a mod but seriously I think we get the idea about public liability!) Another comment about it and it will be my turn to whip out the angle grinder!;) :pac: wakka

Advertisement