Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Achtung!] Airsoft Map of Ireland - Add your location

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Indeedly, I mustn't have zoomed in enough whilst counting :D.
    Would be great to see what that map looks like in a few months time.

Steve

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

maybe change the title and add something like "ANTENTION" or something KD, as it is it just sounds like a map and not so much a collection of players.,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

vtec wrote: »
    maybe change the title and add something like "ANTENTION" or something KD, as it is it just sounds like a map and not so much a collection of players.,

Better?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lol., yep :p

EDIT: maps really filling up now huh., too many to count now.,

up to 71 now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Interesting idea - I've added myself to it too. With a bit of work, you could expand this with recommended routes to sites, or have the sites as a separate Google Maps overlay with links to relevant web sites or other info - I know it's not what you're aiming for right now, but there's room for some great stuff to help the community there. Let me know if you need an extra hand, you probably know a lot more about AJAX and Google services than me, but every little bit helps, as Tesco says ;)

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Interesting idea - I've added myself to it too. With a bit of work, you could expand this with recommended routes to sites, or have the sites as a separate Google Maps overlay with links to relevant web sites or other info - I know it's not what you're aiming for right now, but there's room for some great stuff to help the community there. Let me know if you need an extra hand, you probably know a lot more about AJAX and Google services than me, but every little bit helps, as Tesco says ;)

Nice one.

Yeah, I was gonna do a .kmz affair which would allow all that kinda stuff but that would mean alot of manual entering. Keith suggested the API version which is much more accesible.

The one thing I would say is can you change the colour of the retailers and site KD? Haven't used the system so I dunno if its possible.

Nice one.
    Yeah, I was gonna do a .kmz affair which would allow all that kinda stuff but that would mean alot of manual entering. Keith suggested the API version which is much more accesible.

The one thing I would say is can you change the colour of the retailers and site KD? Haven't used the system so I dunno if its possible.

That's pretty much my plan, for now it just sticks a marker on everyone, but I will add extra information so that retailers and sites have a separate icon with a link to their website.

It would also be fairly easy to add a pop out link on the sites/retailers that would use the google maps main site to give you directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Grayfox

im down on it now!

upto 88 now, come on people, there's at least 2 or 3 times that on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Am I the only one who thinks having more than the skirmish sites and retailers, i.e. providing fairly close geographical indications of where airsofters and their airsoft gear (which can be correlated using the gear photo thread) are, is not so hot an idea :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

It is and it isn't. Depends on how close the mark is to their home. Apart from that it potentially handy for organising lifts and the like.

If somebody is so thick as to actually to mark their particular house then they deserve what they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

You're quite the charmer, Lethal_B, aint you? :rolleyes:

ambro25 wrote: »
    You're quite the charmer, Lethal_B, aint you? :rolleyes:

Prick and proud of it:p

If somebody is so thick as to actually to mark their particular house then they deserve what they get.

While not so eloquently put, that's exactly right, I don't expect people to pinpoint their exact address on the map, I certainly didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

seems im still the only person in wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

its just not fair
    people in the east,west,north and south but hardly any in the midlands:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

So someone makes a mistake on the internet, and they deserve to be robbed? I agree that no one is being forced to do this and its their own fault if they ignore the instructions clearly given by kdouglas, but they certainly don't deserve to get robbed. One thing you'll learn is that the Irish internet community is tiny and in my experience theres usually at most 3 degrees of separation between people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I count 112 now, wooooow!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

113...good to see...jeeze i wonder how many we are...cant wait till it hits 1000...yes i know, but you can always hope...

edit: seems to have gone back down to 111

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

113...good to see...jeeze i wonder how many we are...cant wait till it hits 1000...yes i know, but you can always hope...

Sh1te, lost one did we? oh well, they'll be back......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

KD, is your data accessible/viewable with the main Google maps site, or is it private?

Yea, i deleted a couple by request.
    KD, is your data accessible/viewable with the main Google maps site, or is it private?

nope, it's stored seperately in a database on the IAA server.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey1666

I posted joey1666 on silloge rd. my exact adress moving next week to across the road heh. anyways delete the one with no comment on it. i screwed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

is stone ranch a site or a player... its in edgeworthstown

amaughan wrote: »
    is stone ranch a site or a player... its in edgeworthstown
    a player i would imagine

up to 147 now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Just added myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Hmmm wont wont work for me... there seems to be a Mark_sc in the US... anyway every time a add a comment nothing happens, the page just goes back to Ireland and I cant find me

• Advertisement

Mark_Sc wrote: »
    Hmmm wont wont work for me... there seems to be a Mark_sc in the US... anyway every time a add a comment nothing happens, the page just goes back to Ireland and I cant find me

Missed this before, try it again and if it doesn't work PM me and Ill have a look.

Up to 252 now, Anyone else care to add themselves?

Edit: 241 after I cleaned up a few double posts.

Advertisement