Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homebase

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Burger King :D

What a great Day! Bertie going and BK coming to town! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

+1 respect lucylu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

aynon wrote: »
    no we're not! 1st in england and ireland 20% higher on takings for the past two weeks! i know! im showrooms! we have to keep an eye on takings! i apparently was the topsalesman in the store last week! does that mean im the top in the country for a week?

Sorry but ye are not the biggest taker in both England and Ireland,maybe ye are making the biggest percentage of your budget which would only be about €80k if I'm right.I work up in Sligo and I know that we were top of the region(21) last week or the week before,I can't remember and then Limerick were third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Lads it's not burger king coming to town.

it's a ****ing supermacs drive through.
    like we need one.

really? was told my GM it was BK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Lads it's not burger king coming to town.

it's a ****ing supermacs drive through.
    like we need one.

better not be....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

homebase are really the same as woodies and several other hardware & homewares chains they offer cheap energy saving light bulbs to get you in the door as when inside you feel you have to buy something else to justify the journey to the store!

patrickc wrote: »
    better not be....

swear to god.

it's even wrote on the meter boxes round the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

swear to god.

feck sake, ah well least it's in dublin and waterford

swear to god.

how are you getting to read the meter box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

foggy_lad wrote: »
    homebase are really the same as woodies and several other hardware & homewares chains they offer cheap energy saving light bulbs to get you in the door as when inside you feel you have to buy something else to justify the journey to the store!

Example

Homebase 21.45 for six pack of 2m coving
    Doyles of the Sham, Woodies and all the rest €30+

No connection to any of them but they are all ripping us off.

aynon wrote: »
    how are you getting to read the meter box?

I worked security on the site when it was being built and we needed access to turn on and off the lights at the back.

way to shoot a guy down......supermac....geez....

There was a report released about an attempted scam in the store.Two women in their 30's with two children,one about 12 and then other around 3 went to the checkout to buy a triton shower.handed the money to the checkout operator,she counted it but the customer said she counted it wrong so asked for it back so she could count it herself and it was the right amount but when handing the money back the other Mid 30's customer distracted the checkout girl and then handed the money over,only €150 though instead of €300.

Luckily there was an undercover Gardai behind in the que and saw it all unveil,they rang the Gardai and the girls were made take the shower and hand over the €150 and have been told they wont be able to get a refund in any other store.

well, it was €430 and €300 were the amounts in question.
    the undercover cop was tailing them since friday. after they had robbed from the store. that day they took 4 expensive double bed duvets and covers.
    they were also found in possession of a stolen car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bit off topic but they will have cost taxpayers thousands by the time this is dealt with by the courts all over some bed linen god could they not get some in pennys with the childrens allowance?

imagine the millions they defraud the irish tax payer by stealing and robbing, and not working.

Ye must have a serious lack of security if they got away with stealing 4 double duvets.
    Do ye keep them on the shopfloor or in the containers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

my thoughts exactly as to be fair duvets aint small, what sort of operation is in effect there!

the duvets were on the floor, the customer service rep chased them but they got away before we could catch up with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Feckers, in all honesty would it be worth it to have a few duvets??

the pettiness of some of our society!

Advertisement