Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homebase

Options
  • 10-03-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭

I see that homebase is opening on the 14th of March.

is there a major need for a homebase with the amount of DIY shops in town, more competition is better I'm sure though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

This is completely unfair. The amount of poor men that will be dragged out to that when it's the 14th is not right.
    Inconsiderate plicks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

Don1 wrote: »
    This is completely unfair. The amount of poor men that will be dragged out to that when it's the 14th is not right.
    Inconsiderate plicks!

what am i missing about the 14th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

What's on the 14th that "all the poor men will be missing if they go to homebase?"

Great addition to the town. How many jobs have they going. Or do they have all situations filled or whats the story???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

it would have been nice if they actually put up signs to say when it was opening out by the roundabout there was loads of cars heading in to be told that it is not open

• Advertisement

lucylu wrote: »
    it would have been nice if they actually put up signs to say when it was opening out by the roundabout there was loads of cars heading in to be told that it is not open

the signs are there since sunday lucy

What Shay said.

nope not when we passed! there was queues of cars going in!
    My parents called in and staff sitting in a car having coffee told them it was not open :rolleyes:

Looks like it'll be as well run as pizza hut........

Don1 wrote: »
    Looks like it'll be as well run as pizza hut........

ive yet to venture in there, too many rats running about outside at the river for my liking

• Advertisement

The reports I'm getting on Service and Price is not good so I haven't been in there yet either

ShayK1 wrote: »
    The reports I'm getting on Service and Price is not good so I haven't been in there yet either

I am going to pop in their possibly friday and i'll give a good report back as to what they stock, their staff, store organisation and general convienence. If anyone would be interested to know.I'll have a pretty good idea myself what level they are at and what service they can offer as i have a good few years experience in hardware.

stick-dan wrote: »
    I am going to pop in their possibly friday and i'll give a good report back as to what they stock, their staff, store organisation and general convienence. If anyone would be interested to know.I'll have a pretty good idea myself what level they are at and what service they can offer as i have a good few years experience in hardware.

Sorry Stick-Dan, that post was in reference to Pizza Hut. Not homebase.

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Sorry Stick-Dan, that post was in reference to Pizza Hut. Not homebase.

Haha my fault, must be my over anxious-ness to see the homebase store,lol:rolleyes:

Never tried pizza-hut, does seem to always have people in it though when i do be passing.

stick-dan wrote: »
    Haha my fault, must be my over anxious-ness to see the homebase store,lol:rolleyes:

Never tried pizza-hut, does seem to always have people in it though when i do be passing.

probably due to the fact McDonalds is closed for renovations

or it's too far to walk anywhere else.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Where's homebase? beside Dunne's?

Villain wrote: »
    Where's homebase? beside Dunne's?

on the dublin road out of carlow, going towards castledermot, across from bolands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 qtwithmeme

We made the error of ordering a kitchen and two bathrooms form Homebase. We ordered them at end of Jan and we are still waiting after being told that it would take 4-6 week and it’s now going to be ten - that’s if they actually deliver this time. We have been told so many different dates at this point. The staff in store where really nice and I couldn’t fault them except that they should perhaps warn of delays and of how common they seem to be. We have been told that the delivery will arrive on such a date only 2 days before hand to be told that they are delayed again - it driving me insane. We have had builder on site and everything, Homebase keep harping back to the fact that in their policy they recommend you hold of booking tradesmen until the delivery arrives - do they not realize that the world doesn’t work like that and that you need to pre book these things. It would be wonderful if we could just ring a builder and say see you tomorrow the delivery arrived but you cant, much the same as you obviously can’t get Homebase to deliver on time. I will not be using them again for anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tough break. You can't just book a fitter to arrive on the same day. "Oh, kitchen's here, call the fitter!" :rolleyes:

More expensive by far, but fitted kitchens made and installed by fitters ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Its a pretty impressive location for them. What other shops are in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gog

They have energy saving light bulbs for just 1 EURO each !!!!!!

Can't go wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

father was in there the otherday looking at small bricks for paving your driveway, they were 95 cents ended up getting them some where in bagnelstown for 16 cents each :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

That would be Hallmark I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I know Homebase is expensive for alot of things but there are also alot of bargains in it too.
    I don't know the size of the Carlow store but it is preforming very well,second best store in terms of takings a week behind Sligo which is on top.Considering the Sligo store is twice the size that isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

Its a pretty impressive location for them. What other shops are in there?
    nothing!
    tk maxx have put their deposit down, as has burger king, but they havent confirmed!

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I know Homebase is expensive for alot of things but there are also alot of bargains in it too.
    I don't know the size of the Carlow store but it is preforming very well,second best store in terms of takings a week behind Sligo which is on top.Considering the Sligo store is twice the size that isn't bad.
    no we're not! 1st in england and ireland 20% higher on takings for the past two weeks! i know! im showrooms! we have to keep an eye on takings! i apparently was the topsalesman in the store last week! does that mean im the top in the country for a week?

aynon wrote: »
    nothing!
    tk maxx have put their deposit down, as has burger king, but they havent confirmed!

happy days if both come....:pac::pac:

apparently, burger king is going to be drive thru, located where the hoarding is still up on site

• Advertisement

aynon wrote: »
    apparently, burger king is going to be drive thru, located where the hoarding is still up on site

ill be a total fat fecker if they come to town

Advertisement