Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most horrible dream you've ever had?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Zombies,always with the zombies my dreams are,and im trapped at the top of a building made completely out of glass, floors and all so i can see them coming. Then trying to run away feels like i have leaden weights attached to my legs.Makes moving one leg in front of the other an inhuman conscious effort:(

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Anne Doyle, Bibi Baskin, Medium sized yellow Marigolds and a catering pack of I can't Believe it's not butter. Fukcing horrow show. I ended up giving the mattress to the kids in the estate at Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

I could feel a pressure on my back telling me i was pressed up against the windscreen and facing back into the car and all I could hear was my dad screaming.

Jaysus thats terrifying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

Numerous ones involving losing teeth (they say its a sign of worrying)

Worst and most random one

Was in isreal, in some dark brownish caves, sorta cross between indy jones and the goonies, and we were crawling, when a man with no legs came scurrying out and stole our football, i don't know why but that still stands as my scariest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have had a recurring nightmare since I was about 7 where I am strapped into something that resembles the top of some one's tooth and the person is grinding their teeth and I get closer and closer to being crushed.

It absolutely terrifies me. I only get it a couple of times a year now and the last time was about 2 weeks ago. Usually I wake up terrified and convinced that I'm about to die. Even when I tell myself it was just a dream I don't calm down. I get too scared to even try to sleep.

So that's pretty bad! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

watna wrote: »
    I had a dream once I was being put to death in an electric chair and my dad was the warden guy pulling the lever.

It was horrible.

I had a dream like that, and it was so realistic, I got all the way with it then blanked out. I can remember feeling drips of water run down the side of my face from the sponge they put on my head, I remember getting prepped with the razor before hand and I can remember the initial SHOCK as it was switched on, my hands were pulling straight up, trying to free them from the support and my toes spread apart.

It was all done in so much graphic detail I didnt know I was dreaming... usually in a vivid dream I can identify with the fact I was dreaming, but this time it was SO real.

That has got to be one of the worst dreams I have had, and I have had a few scary ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

36Degrees wrote: »
    I had this dream a few months ago that all my teeth slowly crumbled and fell out! :eek: (I love my teeth)
    It was terrible, I woke up crying :(

Yeah i get that one quite a bit too. It's a pretty common one.

My worst recurring dream is being out on the estate late at night and there is a load of dogs wandering about. I know they're up to no good but will i leg it? Of course not. Anyway i let them get too close and they chase me and maul me the lot of them. Eventually i wake up. Eventually!

Others are walking up my stairs and being dragged back down by some force which scares the crap out of me and another is being chased by an ostrich. Doesn't sound that bad but it's done like a horror movie. Great production in my head. Of course the ostrich in question is some sort of mutant one otherwise... well... it wouldn't be that frightening would it. :rolleyes:

This totally creeped me out, was back in 2003.

I was attracted to a wreck-the-head girl who had humiliated me in real life. I had a dream once where I was with her in a railway station, slit her throat and tried to dump her under the platform. I woke up in a sweat - found it really creepy because I'm absolutely nowhere near that type of person.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Karsini wrote: »
    This totally creeped me out, was back in 2003.

I was attracted to a wreck-the-head girl who had humiliated me in real life. I had a dream once where I was with her in a railway station, slit her throat and tried to dump her under the platform. I woke up in a sweat - found it really creepy because I'm absolutely nowhere near that type of person.

Your in denial. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Bad dreams usually involve me falling very slowly but inevitably over the edge of a cliff, and just continuing to fall endlessly ...

hmmm that's usually what my good dreams involve. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The-Rigger wrote: »
    hmmm that's usually what my good dreams involve. :D

Emo much? :p

erm.. I don't remember half of my dreams, the half i do remember seem to be some kind of seeing into the future.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Emo much? :p

Slow much?
    *slaps hand to head. :p

It meant Randy's untimely demise is a good dream for me, not my demise.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Slow much?
    CM? Depends what you mean, from what I hear ...¬_¬

And I note that you're finally admitting to dreaming about me, Rig!

When I was a child my nightmares involved biting puppets, flesh eating clowns, limb throwing camels, murderous robots and nuns that hid in your bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

The worst dream I've ever had was about the time I found out my sister was pregnant, I had a dream that she was being raped by the Devil in my parents bed, I tried to help her but an invisible force was preventing me from getting through the doorway, she was in a kind of trance and he was mocking me... I felt so powerless :(

It was most unsettling at the time, my sister fearing the devil so much, I decided it best not to tell her about the dream.

Needless to say I don't much care for the kids father ;P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

I had a dream when I was younger that my parents died
    SCARY ****

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Xavi signed for United. Worst. Dream. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

My girlfriend freaked me out when she told me about her dream this morning...

The dream was, myself and her were staying with this really old woman who could tell the future. Anyway my girlfriend asked her how long are we going to live and all the woman said was "I won't tell because you're so nice and it kills me to say it" and then my gf asks 'will we live as long as you?' and the old woman says "sadly, no". I actually woke up in the middle of the night hearing my gf asking these questions out loud....freaky stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I had a dream once where I somehow ended up in one of those crushers like you see on the bin trucks. I could actually feel it pressing down on me and woke up completely choking for breath. Freaked the absolute sh1t out of me for about 3 days afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I get the teeth falling out one once every few months or so. Not nice feeling a big empty mouth then looking down to a handful of teeth and blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mikel Jr.

liverpool were about to break our 4 year unbeaten home record at Stamford Bridge

Never been so happy to wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I've had those odd ones where I'm with my friend's and then next thing they all start heading into the school gym asking me: "Did you study for this Math's exam?" *shudders*

I did have one recent dream where my friend got into a fight with this abnormally gigantic & angry Polish guy inside a nite-club. They were screaming at each other and I walked over to them to see what was happening when next thing the Polish guy started laying into me with his bloody huge shovel hands. I could actually feel the thumps along with my nose breaking, my jaw snapping, and my teeth breaking just as I'm passing out! (:confused:) That dream made no sense, there was snow on the ground in the bloody nite-club!

I think the worst dreams are the ones were everything is going brilliant for you and it seems so real (ya have a deadly car which you get to drive recklessly without any worries, got that girl you fancy, etc) and then next thing you wake up.................................bah, shìtty reality and it's time for work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

TPD wrote: »
    I get the teeth falling out one once every few months or so. Not nice feeling a big empty mouth then looking down to a handful of teeth and blood.

Get that a lot as well.

Still no matter how bad the dream is I love waking up and suddenly realising it was a dream and you're actually fine. The relief!!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

Had a dream that my brother and sister were both death. Their bodies were in our pond, frozen. My Dad took out their bodies and proceeded to chop up them up:(

Also dreamt that my mother had decided it was time for her to be euthanised and she wanted me to assist her with it :(

In another dream I had been sent to prison for twenty years for whatever reason. When I got out nobody wanted to know me because of what I did, everything outside was completely different and I couldn't accept it.

Cried for ages after all of those dreams. Yeah so... most of my dreams were about people being murdered or tortured for no reason, but they all seemed to have stopped a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CherrySugarPlum

A few weeks ago i dreamt that my boyfriend died. I saw him die and I went through the funeral and seeing his family and everything in the dream. I woke myself because i was crying so much and i couldnt sleep for the rest of the night. Then for the rest of the week i had a different nightmare every night!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Had a screwed up dream last night, I was being chased by a giant shark :eek: Nearly took the leg off me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

When I was about four, I had a dream that I was on my hands and knees on a moving factory conveyor belt being chased by Guy Smiley from Sesame Street. He kept saying "oompah, oompah, oompah" over and over again as he tried to grab me.

Another bad dream I had was of being trapped in a dark, maze-like dungeon being chased by The Elephant Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Most horrible dream ever had as about a year ago - i dreamt i broke up with my girlfriend of 7 yrs. I was totally broken about it in the dream, i believe i woke up in tears, feeling sick as a parrot :(

We broke up a few months later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Luckily I hardly ever have bad dreams (I have a lot of random bizarre drreams!!) But recently I've had some very strange ones.
    One night I woke up and I thought a friend of mine called Patrick had died in a car crash. That wasn't very nice.
    A few nights later I dreamt that another friend, also called Patrick, was in a religious cult. He was sowing wheat all day and I had to rescue him from his creepy father. Not scary, but weird.
    And a few days later, I dreamt about another Patrick, this one wasn't nice because he sent pigeons to attack me. And that they did.
    To dream about 3 different people with the same name in like a week is kinda unsettling!! :eek:

Advertisement