Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray driving test centre?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Chatterb*x

The only difference between wicklow 1 & 2 is where they start..
    One starts from the grand hotel the other starts from the murrogh :)

Provisional,
    Well my instructor who used to be a tester in Wicklow told me NOT to go into the bus lane when turning back into the test centre...
    If there is a bus or traffic in that lane you just have to indicate and wait until your way is clear...
    Hope this helps...
    Would you mind sending me your instructors name via pm as she sounds like one to steer clear of....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭girliegirl

If anyone's looking for someone to do a pretest with for the Bray route I would strongly reccommend John Butler, PM me for his number if you need it. I used him a few years back and passed first time... as did my sister, brother, brother-in-law in waiting (!) also two neighbours. Saying that, it was out in town, but one of my neighbours did the bray one and passed first time last week and also used him. All of us passed first time, i dont know anyone who had him who hasnt tbh. correct me if i'm wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

Hi provisional, could you also PM me her name, I booked a lesson with someone for Friday morning and want to make sure it's not her!! That advice made no sense whatsoever! Also I'd love the number of that guy that the previous poster mentioned, if you could PM me that would be great

Hi,

I also have the number of an excellent driving instructor. He used to be a tester in wicklow and anyone I know that has been out with him has passed, including myself, first time!!
    His name is Noel Gaskin so if anyone wants his number just I can pm it to them. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I can recommend Noel Gaskin too. Don't have his number anymore but I passed first time with him and I left it til very close to the test to get my pretests with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tomreee

I didnt actually have to go around the roundabout at the statoil station, they let me turn off on that new link road just before and go straight onto the southern cross.

I dont remember them being too detailed on the technical checks, just ran over tyre thread depth and oil checks, etc, nothing too complicated. I'd just glanced over the stuff the night before and I was fine.

I sat up the front of the bus on the way home today so I could have a look at that left turn into the test centre. There is a clear break in the white line at the turn, which would suggest to me that you stay in your normal lane, then indicate and turn when the way is clear. I would say going into the bus lane first would get you a fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 red girl

had lessons on bray test routes with my instructor passed with flying colours brilliant patient instructor.jim yorke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Teacherman

I failed my test three times in Tallaght. The first two times I deserved fully. The last time I was unsure which direction to go and he said "follow the road". I went straight ahead rather than to the right which he meant-the road ahead had a NO ENTRY SIGN BUSES ONLY! My fault I suppose.

Have applied to Bray where I now live. Well Wicklow and hopefully I will get Bray. Im very depressed over the whole thing and wonder if there will be a huge clampdown July 1 ?:confused:

• Advertisement

I failed my test first time in Tallaght -- I found the route very hard, not to mention the stress of the heavy traffic getting to the test centre in the first place. Fingers crossed you will get Bray -- did you put a note asking for it on your application? I did and it did the trick, am doing the test tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be third time lucky, but at least now you don't have to wait so long, I got a test this time in ten weeks.
    Not sure what kind of a crackdown they are planning -- I suppose like anything it depends on whether the guards have the manpower to police it. But my driving instructor did tell me the other night that they will apparently have the power to issue a 1,000 euro on the spot fine, plus four penalty points, to any learner driver caught driving on their own, which is pretty nasty!

Passed, thank god! Did route 1 and it was fine, no problems. Went out around 10.30am which is a time I would recommend because all the school and rush hour traffic is gone and the roads aren't too busy. For lessons on the route would recommend Ben at Driveschool Ireland, he's excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Chatterb*x wrote: »
    The only difference between wicklow 1 & 2 is where they start..
    One starts from the grand hotel the other starts from the murrogh :)

Oh, because I applied for my test in Wicklow. Then I went away to America for 2 weeks and only got back two days ago. The day I went away, a letter came in the post scheduling my test for June 30th in the Grand Hotel centre. I wasn't sure if this was the same as doing it in Wicklow town.

Either way, I don't feel great about doing it, I know I'm not ready at all. I didn't think I'd get it so soon and it's only 2 and a half weeks away at this stage! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi Gan, congrats on passing your test! I've a couple of pretest's booked with a lady instructor, could you pm me the name that provisional sent you please? I'm very worried now cause my test is in two weeks and could have been wasting my time with the lady instructor I have.
    Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Anyone know what the Arklow testing centre route is like?
    Asked if I could take test in Bray and was given Arklow. I don't know the roads in Arklow at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hiheyhello

Hey , I have booked my test through SGS directly for Bray today which seems unusual consedering people are going on about having to be turned down by wicklow?I rang them up and was giving a date and time:p . . .

Anyway back to my question , Im a permit holder and have to wait 6 months(stupid rule) my test is early September. Would there be any chance that I could possibly do my test earlier(cancelation or somethong}

I was reading about people recomending John Butler if anyone has his number can they please p.m me;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭dreamingoak

I passed first time in bray, (although i had been driving roughly 3 years on a provisional) did 2 pretest lessons with noel gaskin. He's patently mad, but he will get you through your test. I definitely recommend him.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MEJ

does anyone know if one of the routes goes along the N11? My driving instructor mention briefly about going out to fossaro as part of the route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭wicklow joe

yep they put a new route on and goes from the southern cross onto the n11, onto the dargle road, into fassaroe do the turnabout then around to james everiit park for turn about back out onto the dargle, n11 and home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 take it easy

foxy06 wrote: »
    provisional do you think you could pm me the name of the person you did your pretest with?
    could u please pm me the name and no of your instructor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 take it easy

I passed first time in bray, (although i had been driving roughly 3 years on a provisional) did 2 pretest lessons with noel gaskin. He's patently mad, but he will get you through your test. I definitely recommend him.:D
    i failed my tset 3 times once in rathgar and 2 times in deans grange dont know y...previous instructors told me i was good but still can i hve noels no as well doing my test in bray on 4th dec i really do want to pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maxlia

Hi

I have a driving test coming up in Wicklow town the Saturday before Christmas at 2.00 absolutely dreading it! Could I please get Noel Gaskin's number? I failed in Arklow last June. Dont know Wicklow very well at all.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 adriana97

foxy06 wrote: »
    I can recommend Noel Gaskin too. Don't have his number anymore but I passed first time with him and I left it til very close to the test to get my pretests with him.
    Hi Foxy,
    Can you send me pm with Noel Gaskin contact number please,
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Sorry I don't have it anymore I'm afraid. Maybe try phonebook?

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Please don't drag up old treads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement