Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 46X3000

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Soarer wrote: »
    In a nutshell:
    46X3000.
    Excellent SD quality through Sky.
    Excellent HD/BD quality.
    Don' know about sound quality, as I don't use the tv's speakers.
    No potential burn.

Plasma.
    As above, but with potential burn.

Thanks Soarer, so the 46X3000 isn't suffering from the Smearing and ghosting that you say on the 40X3500?

Unfortunately I can't get Sky SD, I get Smart Telecom SD service and it is far inferior to Sky SD as Sky uses much higher bitrates on their service, that is why I'm worrying about SD quality.

I'm not too worried about the lack of extra ports and lack of true 24p, as I'm looking at either getting the 46X3000 now or waiting 2 months for the new generation Panays which have all the same ports and true 24p, etc.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yeah, no suffering like the last one.
    There are two types of the Sony. Earlier ones are T2, and the newer ones are T1. The T2's suffered from all sorts of problems whereas the T1's, are alot better. There are obviously problem T1 sets, like with all batches of tv's, but they're certainly in the minority.

I'm afraid I can't help you with the analogue stuff. Don't have an aerial.
    This might help though.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.
    Can't imagine my life without Sky though!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

Have to say cheers to Soarer for starting this thread!! We got ours delivered this morning after ordering it on the 21st. Havent had a chance to set it up yet, but I'm sure it will be class!! The box is MASSIVE! Power city were looking for €3800 for the same TV the day we ordered ours from Argos!

No problemo farva.
    The delivery time from Argos is very good in all fairness.

Enjoy setting it up. Definitely more than a one man job though!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 EIRE-MAXX

yeh fairplay soarer i ordered one last week its comming on saturday i'll let u know thanks:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Cheers from me too! Sony Centre wanted 3700, got them down to 3400 but Argos won hands down with the 2600. Ordered last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

ShaneU wrote: »
    Despite the sony lcd in question having a 18,000-1 contrast ratio compared to the 10,000-1 of that panny plasma?

:D yeah, um, OKAY.
    Go and find an LCD with blacks like that Panny's... it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

Got the X3000 two weeks ago after reading all of these postings. Have to say I am absolutely thrilled with it so far. Blacks look good to me! Picture quality is excellent even with SD. Can't wait to start feeding it HD. A friend of mine bought one today, so Argos obviously haven't copped on to their mistake yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 EIRE-MAXX

i got mine 2 weeks ago now its super on hd my dad got has the other day aswell super deal argos:D

sony centre prices:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mulletamoeba

sony 46x3000 999GBP in sony centre newry, a big reduction and seems like good value

• Advertisement

Great value!

I'd be sick as a dog if I'd bought this set from anywhere else than Argos. It's down to pretty much half the Argos price at this stage, and that's in less than 12 months.:eek:

Imagine if you'd bought it for €4k+ from a Sony Centre?!?!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mulletamoeba

yeah i'm fairly happy with buying it at 999GBP. there are newer sets and technologies but its a fine tellybox for the price. cheapest i could find it for online was 1700GBP. fair play to the much-maligned sony centre!

Advertisement