Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Warden

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Killme00 wrote: »
    I think driving over the speed limit and having your dog off the lead are not comparable. People die every day as a result of speeding and not as a direct result of a dog being walked off the lead.

OK let's compare it to "Jay Walking", if you got arrested, brought to court and got a fine of €1000 for this, would you think it fair.

The point of my original post was;

These two guy's are way over the top.
    One of them jumps out of the van, hides in the bushes.

They both have walkie talkies, one guy talking to the other,

OnPhone.gif
    "Tango 2, come in"

" Suspect heading west on main avenue, she is an old woman, grey hair,
    approximately 5' 5'', wearing Black Coat (Dunners stores) Black Slacks and Black Slippers, King Charles off the lead, OVER"

The second Guy.On_Phone_01.gif
    "Roger Tango 1"
    Suspect should be at my location approx 11.05, OVER.

OnPhone.gif
    "Roger, Tango 2, procede with caution, OVER"

On_Phone_01.gif
    "Roger Tango 1, you use the van to get ahead of her and block her off.
    I will approach from the rear to cut off any escape route and we can apprehend her, OVER"

OnPhone.gif
    "Roger Tango 2, this reminds me of the time when we were in NAM, OVER"

On_Phone_01.gif
    " WHAT?.....,Roger 1, Have you haven't been eating those Mushrooms again? OVER"

OnPhone.gif
    " I just had a few this morning with me cornflakes, I'm grand,--OVER"

On_Phone_01.gif
    " You really are a plank, OVER"
    OnPhone.gif
    "look who's talking, you going down the Pub, telling everyone you're Special Branch,OVER"
    On_Phone_01.gif
    " Don't you be saying that over the air,OVER"

OnPhone.gif
    " I'll say what I bleedin like, you're just a bully,OVER"

On_Phone_01.gif
    " Right!, that's shut down this operation,
    surveillance has been compromised, OVER"
    OnPhone.gif
    "Sir who? OVER"
    On_Phone_01.gif
    " ABORT ABORT, OVER"
    OnPhone.gif
    " The squirrels are talking to me" OVER"

I ran out of space for my images (dammit) so I can't finish it off as I would have liked.

Please feel free to post the ending of your choice.

Dont' forget " Be Careful Out There" or you might get Tangoed

"Charlie, Oscar, Bravo, Delta, alpha, Foxtrot, Foxrock, Ballybough, The Briggin the Brack, the Noggin and the Fermot,Over And Out"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

^^^

Just when I thought this thread should be reported, you come out with this cracker!..

Hilarious .. OVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

You've just been tangoed...top class :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭michelleans

rocky25 wrote: »
    As some of the more sensible people here have posted, they go for soft targets.

Little old Ladies or Women on their own.

Wish they'd try me, (a woman walking a dog on her own), they'd be forced to change their perception of a soft target :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Not really sure what you're giving out about, at least you can find the dog warden if you're lookin for them.
    In Mull****r a few weeks ago, there were two Pit Bull's wandering around the town park all day, I tried to call the pound a few times but there was no answer, The dogs were there all day, moping around, no owner, no collar, within 50 yards of a busy playground. I suppose no harm, seeing as they seemed to be gentle natured animals and seemed quite happy to laze around, but if they'd gotten wound up or excited, it could have been very different. I just can't fathom why anyone would let a breed thats so villified wander around untended, Its just asking to have the poor mutt put down....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Wish they'd try me, (a woman walking a dog on her own), they'd be forced to change their perception of a soft target :D:D

You go Gal :D

http://cache.valleywag.com/assets/resources/screenclean.swf

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Crannog

javaboy wrote: »
    Thanks. St. Anne's is probably a bit too far out of my way at the moment. Donadea forest park is the handiest for walking my dog and he's great off the leash but it's a leash at all times policy there. Does anybody know any nice parks that allow a dog off leash in or around Kildare/Meath/North West Dublin?

Malahide beach has an area separate from the swimmers area where dogs are allowed off the lead. From Malahide beach car park everywhere on the right. And there are even free poop bags! Very popular with owners of breeds that love to swim, run like crazy etc. It's a joy to see so many happy dogs having a ball.

All too rare a sight now.

Anyone know of anywhere else? My dog thinks she's a greyhound but I haven't the heart to tell her that she's just a mutt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

mydarkstar wrote: »
    The DSPCA are planning on opening an off-the-leash dogpark on their grounds in Rathfarnham in the near future.
    Crannog wrote: »
    Malahide beach has an area separate from the swimmers area where dogs are allowed off the lead. From Malahide beach car park everywhere on the right. And there are even free poop bags! Very popular with owners of breeds that love to swim, run like crazy etc. It's a joy to see so many happy dogs having a ball.

All too rare a sight now.

Anyone know of anywhere else? My dog thinks she's a greyhound but I haven't the heart to tell her that she's just a mutt.

Thanks, I'll check these out.

Advertisement