Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US/IRL] 4X05 - "The Constant" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They're half brother and half sister. Christian is the father of both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Oh yeah, I get it now..

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Super Episode that was clearly a tribute to Richard Matheson's Bid Time Return aka Somewhere in time, which is a love story set in different times with the man going back in time using his mind!
    This is one of those great standalone episodes and I'm really happy that Desmond wasn't killed off, which as you know can happen on Lost at the stroke of the writers pen.
    Great performance from Henry Ian Cusick and nice to see CSI's Ecklie as the Doctor :)

Also watch this clip that really shows that Desmond was jumping from the moment he turned the key

thanks for that... it's all a bit clearer!!

Gave the ep a 9, but that's cos it melted me head ... think it's one I need to see again... I love Desmond and Penny's phone call. Emotional :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭andy1249

When faraday tells desmond to go meet him in the college he gives him settings for the experiment hes doing , he says set it to 2.342 , anyone else spot that these are the last 4 digits of the famous numbers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

And also close to the 2.3million Miles was talking to Ben about :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It was 3.2 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

topnutz wrote: »
    He was restrained because he ''went nuts'' as he put is. Bens person on the boat destroyed the comms equipment, why would the comms manager do this? It was said earlier in the tread but i agree we havnt seen the last of minkowski(flashbacks), why would they hire somebody like fisher stevens to appear in 1 episode. He still has a part to play, but i doubt hes bens man on the boat.
    ITS MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, it just has to be

He's not credited in any more episodes so I think we've seen the end of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Future episode spoilers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

spockpower wrote: »
    i have a theory regarding the oceanic six and constants.
    its hard to explain so bear with me

think back to the end of season 2 when the hatch imploded. this obviously set off a huge emp which affected desmond especially.

i think it probably affected the castaways on the beach too

however, thinking back Hurley, Jack, Kate and Sayid were all pretty far away from the hatch at the time.
    hurley, jack and kate were at pala ferry with the others and sayid was on the boat with sun and jin.
    maybe, they escaped the radius of the blast and this is why they are able to leave the island without suffering side effects.

i also think that claire will get on the helicopter but will suffer the sickness and will die as she cant find a constant. this is why jack may feel guilty in the flashforward as he could have been her constant if the had known the were brother and sister before the island.

:o:o whoo thats my theory anyway

I like that theory, might also explain why in Kates courtcase they said there were 8 survivors and yet there's only an oceanic 6.
    Hurley, Kate, Sayid, and Jack were all too far away from the blast, so that explains the 4 of them. Aaron mightn't be affected because he's a baby so that makes 5 (assuming he's included in the six).
    And then perhaps Jin is the last of the six as he was far away from the blast too.
    Then the other two to make up the "eight survivors" mentioned in the courtcase could be Claire and Sun (assuming Claire gets on the helicopter as per Desmonds premonition to Charlie, she could've become unstuck and died as a result. And then Sun was also too far away from the blast but as far as we know she is doomed to die anyway as she got pregnant on the island).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

but if the others need constants?

I wonder if hurley imaginary man is his pre and post constant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement