Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Current Politics

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

I'm very interested in what will happen all these Titans when BoB is gone. I doubt theyll all be lost in this war.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

eoin5 wrote: »
    I'm very interested in what will happen all these Titans when BoB is gone. I doubt theyll all be lost in this war.

We'll see about that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Raspberry wrote: »
    I'd hardly class BoB as a superpower at this stage since it will be probably be a few weeks or less before they disband and their members move back to empire. The RSF (Red Swarm Federation, consisting of Goonswarm, Red Alliance and Tau Ceti Federation) is pretty much the only super power in EvE at the minute.

Quotin this for 'epic lulz' when you fail to kick BoB out of Delve. Also the RSF would have lost in a straight fight with BoB tbqh, you have a lot to thank PL, RZR/IRON for and awesome pilots like me, without which you would be still be Scalding Pass and threadnaughting on the forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Raspberry

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Quotin this for 'epic lulz' when you fail to kick BoB out of Delve. Also the RSF would have lost in a straight fight with BoB tbqh, you have a lot to thank PL, RZR/IRON for and awesome pilots like me, without which you would be still be Scalding Pass and threadnaughting on the forums.
    Yeah you're right. Thanks for the help with RISE. Couldn't have done it with out you.

Yeah you're right. Thanks for the help with RISE. Couldn't have done it with out you.

Funny thing is even though you are being sarcastic this statement is 100% true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I'd hardly class BoB as a superpower at this stage since it will be probably be a few weeks or less before they disband and their members move back to empire. RA is pretty much the only super power in EvE at the minute, Goons and TCF are their pets.

Referring to BoB at this stage as a superpower in EvE would be like referring to Germany as a superpower during the fall of Berlin in 1945.

Fixed, also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodwin%27s_law

Maddzy wrote: »
    I point out the similarities between a scenario in game and a battle that occurred in real life. The Nazi's just happened to be involved, but that's not important. The important thing is that the German's lost, and that's the position BoB are in now.

You know this example fits, and since you have no retort you're trying to bend what I'm saying to make this Godwin's law applicable. There has been no emphasis on Nazi's or Hitler on my part in this thread. Hard luck, try again.

I point out the similarities between a scenario in game and a battle that occurred in real life. The Nazi's just happened to be involved, but that's not important. The important thing is that the German's lost, and that's the position BoB are in now.

You know this example fits, and since you have no retort you're trying to bend what I'm saying to make this Godwin's law applicable. There has been no emphasis on Nazi's or Hitler on my part in this thread. Hard luck, try again.

What the hell would I be retorting to? I couldn't give two shits about you idiots arguing over internet spaceships and virtual territory. Go outside and shave your neckbeard lolololz

I find it funny that you try to validate your World War 2 analogy but dont touch the 'Goons are RA pets' statement.

What the hell would I be retorting to? I couldn't give two shits about you idiots arguing over internet spaceships and virtual territory. Go outside and shave your neckbeard lolololz

/emote goes outside, kicks football.

• Advertisement

/emote goes outside, kicks football.

You can't fool the aule Flutt with your fancy /emote

I find it funny that you try to validate your World War 2 analogy but dont touch the 'Goons are RA pets' statement.
    I don't need to touch the "Goons are RA pets" statement because it's ridiculous.
    What the hell would I be retorting to? I couldn't give two ****s about you idiots arguing over internet spaceships and virtual territory. Go outside and shave your neckbeard lolololz
    I can't sorry, I'm too busy living in my moms basement. You should probably call me a kid too. Then your attempt an an insult won't be missing any of the other generic no-brainier lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

The OP was a good one, as a casual player (6-7months now) I'm interested in the "bigger picture" stuff. But alot of threads spin into stuff like this.

is it an unfortunate reality of the game? yis just can't converse without it going to crap?

You certainly try very hard to come across all smart with all this when what it all boils down to is you starting and hyjacking threads on boards.ie with quotes from CAOD. Its a shame you're about 1 year too late, because people care even less now then they did back then.
    EL_Loco wrote: »
    is it an unfortunate reality of the game? yis just can't converse without it going to crap?

Yep, it has and always will be.

You certainly try very hard to come across all smart with all this when what it all boils down to is you starting and hyjacking threads on boards.ie with quotes from CAOD. Its a shame you're about 1 year too late, because people care even less now then they did back then.

Yep, it has and always will be.

I made a CAOD megathread thing, if someone derails a thread with BoB are a lot like nazi germany Tri are the kamere rouge **** I guess r0ot can langer the post in there or something v0v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Vasperious

*bumps to get back on topic and stop thread jacking*

I hear alot about the main Coalitions like Tau, Ra and goons, are there any smaller coalitions who could defend their space?

Like i know tri is at war with smashkill and i know they're also fighting someone called xxxdeath.

im just trying to get my baring as to who is who in 0.0.

what about CVA and iron and pure where do these guys fall in?

Vasperious wrote: »

I hear alot about the main Coalitions like Tau, Ra and goons, are there any smaller coalitions who could defend their space?

Like i know tri is at war with smashkill and i know they're also fighting someone called xxxdeath.

Smaller coalitions, I guess you could put the 'Old north' in that bracket, Morsus Mihi and Razor along with some smaller alliances. Also Smashkill have big numbers and would be a power bloc. Tri have some pets and allies and would be tough to beat.

CVA are pretty hardcore despite the misconception that all role players are crap at pvp. They have a pretty firm hold on Providence and showed that when TRI came to fight them back at christmas. They also have a ROE of not red don't shoot, meaning you can fly freely through their space and rat ect.

Iron and Pure I don't know that much about atm. Iron are helping fight BoB in Delve, their home space is back in the drone regions. Pure helped with the invasion of Fountian and took a station there, however they have a rep as poor pvpers and anytime I fought them they didnt seem that great.

Xxxdeath are a Russian alliance and people say RA have a lot of alts in there. They mostly run about the drone regions kicking the **** out of people, as you pointed out Smashkill is their current target. This war Smash has been on the cards for over a year now, RA more or less scammed Smash out of a MS back when the great war began and the animosity has been bubbling under for ages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

Lol i never heard of that before, but it is amazingly true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Vasperious wrote: »

IRON fall in wherever i tell them to. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

After that whooping of Tri, i think IAC should become CVA pets tbqh

• Advertisement
Advertisement