Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Current Politics

Options
  • 28-02-2008 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Im just a social player in eve so im left a little lost when it comes to the politics in the game?

Who is located where, I've heard of BoB goons etc all the big bad guys but tbh i dont know anything much past that... who's fighting who, who's killing who.... where are they killing each other, who's winning etc....

If anyone wishes to enlighten me leave a comment here!

Laters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Goons started. They started fighting with Lotka Volterra. Bob came to help LV and squished Goons and then went away amid much smack talk. Goons then hid with Red Alliance (the Russians) for a while and got much bigger and better. Now there are many large alliances baying for Bob's blood. Bob has been pushed back to their ancestral home of Delve. My understanding is that the biggest three hitting Bob are RA, Tau Ceti Federation (the French) and Goons, with others like Morhus Mihi and Razor jumping in for the fun of it. Oh and Mercenary Coalition thought it'd be fun to besiege Bob too. lol

The rest of Eve politics I'm quite ignorant about and am fairly sure even the above is missing a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ans Blix

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

The following is my account of the war, correct me where wrong:

The current war is pretty interesting when you filter out the smacktalk and overdramatising. I think it started when BoB killed off ASCN, who were a big alliance who controled alot of the South of the map. After BoB killed them they started renting out their space to other alliances, potentially bringing in billions of isk per month on top of what they were already making in their home regions. The other big Alliances in the game, especially Dusk and Dawn in the North, saw BoB potentially becoming rich and strong enough to take over the whole map (which lets face it is kind of the goal to winning Eve).

At the time another alliance was living in the south east, Lotka Volterra. They were growing bigger and defending their space against Red Alliance in the East. When Goons decided to help RA attack an LV capital shipyard, BoB decided to help LV defend themselves. With the BoB fleets busy in the South, D2 (Dusk and Dawn) took the oppertunity to attack from the North. This was the first time in Eve that the four dominent alliances (north, south, east and west) were directly at war with each other.

Pretty much every other alliance picked a side and the whole map erupted.

The war has been going on a year now and alot of alliances have been killed off as a result (including LV and D2), and the two main powers left are BoB and their handful of allies (alot of BoB's allies were either killed off or jumped ship), and Red Alliance/Goons and their numerous allies.

Right now BoB have been pushed back into one region, Delve, and are defending themselves against pretty much everyone else in the game. Alot of alliances simply want the war over, and killing off BoB will be the fastest way to do that, so you have alot of big alliances such as Merchenery Coalition, who were originally helping BoB, going against them and taking advantage of their struggle against multiple enemies, and snatching up their regions.

In my opinion it is inevitible that BoB will lose, its just how they lose that will be interesting. They can't possibly hold their space with the forces against them. I certainly hope when the war does end, they get the respect they deserve for lasting as long as they did, and its very likely this won't be the last of them. Red Alliance were destroyed before, reduced to just 40 members, and look at them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ans Blix

Weren't MC hired to "wipe out the north" and when they did that (D2 dieing) they declared there contract finished and then turned on BOB

From what I've heard MC had a tighter relationship with bob then just hired mercs. Maybe R0ot can clear this up for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Alrighty, My view on the war from outside MC and then joining MC during the Catch/Querius Campaign. Part of the agreement between BoB and MC for the
    J8 constellation was 2 weeks for free Merc service a year, which turned into the Northern Campaign which last alot more than two weeks, so lets just say BoB got about 2-3 years worth of Merc service out of it. This was, as I've heard coined in the MC a few times, "a steamroll". With D2 disbanded, tri and tits taking Tenal MC withdrew to J8 and QYZM (In branch) for a break period.

Then IAC and AAA decided to jump on FIX in querious, this was about the time of the BoB stall in the south east. So in exchange for the H74 station and constellation in querious (which really didn't cover the cost of a merc contract) MC jumped in again to save FIX from the coalition forces, 1 MC Aeon and 1 ISS Wyvern were lost in the querious war (This was during the whole desync issue when it would happen almost if you just moved). BoB began returning to assit with the cleanup of querious then the push was made for catch, 25s fell within 4 days, FAT took almost 3 weeks but finally fell, with the loss of an IAC aeon, and also the loss of MC's first Titan to a very well executed AAA and RA plan (no other coalition members were involved in it)

After FAT fell F4R was the next target, at this time BoB were jumping between Feythabolis, Catch and, in a futile attempt to make their titan'ing of freighters 1 jump easier, also fighting in Providence. This became a strain on the forces in catch attacking. MC forces were told not to assist bob in Providence for obvious reasons. At this point various words were said to BoB about splitting their resources like they were doing and as the forum drama leaked out, relationships between MC and BoB became strained. MC forces then withdrew from the catch to our home territory. We lost QYZM to razor at this time because we could not commit to saving it and be present in Catch.

In December of last year the MC declared a standings reset. Then a few hours later Tortuga is announced. Although the logo has since changed to drop out Evoke and 0utbreak and include Daisho Syndicate.

You can read the rest in the last few months of the forums. And there are a few nice videos out their in the video forum on eve-o about Tortuga and the story of the fight for PB.

MC and Eternity Inc. are available for contracts and feel free to contact Mynas Atoch for hiring info. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

:D
    R0ot wrote: »
    MC and Eternity Inc. are available for contracts and feel free to contact Mynas Atoch for hiring info. :D

Yes cause this is a good place to pimp your crappy merc alliance, lots of potential clients on here isn't there. But seriously r0ot how does it feel to be blue to all those people that you talk down such as goons/RA ect? I mean I guess its the only thing you could have done to save yerselves, and that's what your best at, that and posing. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm not a fan of goons/ra/bob/MM/razor/iron/whoever the else is involved in this ****ty war. However i'm a merc, I listen to leadership and go by my standings list when in a fight. If your red/nuetral your going to be shot, if your blue then you won't. Thats the way I work through all this ****e. :D

Still think its funny that R0ot is shooting BoB now :)

Maddzy wrote: »
    Still think its funny that R0ot is shooting BoB now :)

I find it stranger that im blue to PL tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

Mc is Blue to Goons....nuf said imo.
    All smack aside..well non-goon smack, having to listen to goons on ts i think is punishment enough

Glippo wrote: »
    Mc is Blue to Goons....nuf said imo.
    All smack aside..well non-goon smack, having to listen to goons on ts i think is punishment enough

I've only ever seen one goon on our ts, and he was listening to us and sel's commands not vice-versa

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Sand

And in other news TRI is murdering SMASH, well basically Road Kill. SMASH start the wars, RoadKill pay the butchers bill. I believe so far RK have lost a mothership and about 2 dozen capitals because Peoke is incapable of thinking more than 1 move ahead - hence his truly illadvised 250 man "roaming gang" into TRIs home space. Why anyone associates with leadership like that is beyond me. Last anyone heard Peoke was trying to rally an alliance against TRI [ or more likely RSF, as Goons despise Peoke and Smashkill just a little less than BoB].

But really - alliance warfare when it comes down to it is down to alliance leadership personalities clashing. You get a bunch of alpha-nerds on the same teamspeak, someone throws down, and before you know it fleets of hundreds or thousands are lagging out to hell on grids across EVE. The whole Goons/BoB thing started over a bad joke in local - now its a bloody titanic struggle to the death between two superpowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sand wrote: »
    The whole Goons/BoB thing started over a bad joke in local - now its a bloody titanic struggle to the death between two superpowers.

Good thing too. Superpowers fighting is fun.

Zillah wrote: »

sry, nop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Zillah wrote: »

Superpower fighting is not fun.
    1v1 > Roaming gangs > 1 alliance on 1 alliance > Superpower/Powerbloc battles tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

kyp_durron wrote: »
    sry, nop

The day Seleene named the TPAR station.. I almost cried laughing.

mollahakbarae6.png

paging mr molle to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Vasperious

wow didnt check this for a week or so.. thanks for all the info guys... so who are the super powers now? Goons and RA? or what? from what everyone has been saying bob is a fraction of what it use to be and is on the brink of defeat.

Vasperious wrote: »
    wow didnt check this for a week or so.. thanks for all the info guys... so who are the super powers now? Goons and RA? or what? from what everyone has been saying bob is a fraction of what it use to be and is on the brink of defeat.

Goons are just RA pets.

Vasperious wrote: »

Fraction of its former space perhaps....not of its former self

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

actually this war started (late 2006) with ASCN declaring war on bob with absolutly no plan in hand. cyvok told us to go in and take tpar, which we couldnt even do, so we sat for days upon days of boring pos warfare in one system being given conflicting orders with no (real amount) scheduled ops.

cyvok to bob: we may let you keep fountain

Probably the hand that pushed the pebble that started the avalanche.

jaggeh wrote: »
    actually this war started (late 2006) with ASCN declaring war on bob with absolutly no plan in hand. cyvok told us to go in and take tpar, which we couldnt even do, so we sat for days upon days of boring pos warfare in one system being given conflicting orders with no (real amount) scheduled ops.

cyvok to bob: we may let you keep fountain

Probably the hand that pushed the pebble that started the avalanche.

How's RZR going for ya, enjoying listening to Kuso and TheAdj?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Raspberry

I'd hardly class BoB as a superpower at this stage since it will be probably be a few weeks or less before they disband and their members move back to empire. The RSF (Red Swarm Federation, consisting of Goonswarm, Red Alliance and Tau Ceti Federation) is pretty much the only super power in EvE at the minute.

Referring to BoB at this stage as a superpower in EvE would be like referring to Germany as a superpower during the fall of Berlin in 1945.

Raspberry wrote: »
    I'd hardly class BoB as a superpower at this stage since it will be probably be a few weeks or less before they disband and their members move back to empire. The RSF (Red Swarm Federation, consisting of Goonswarm, Red Alliance and Tau Ceti Federation) is pretty much the only super power in EvE at the minute.

Referring to BoB at this stage as a superpower in EvE would be like referring to Germany as a superpower during the fall of Berlin in 1945.

RL comparisons FTL, but still off, given Germanys armys were spent, her supplies gone, and here moral non-existent. Whereas as BoB Participation is high, her isk bottomless, and her moral good.

Like i said major space-holder, no, superpower, yes

RL comparisons FTL, but still off, given Germanys armys were spent, her supplies gone, and here moral non-existent. Whereas as BoB Participation is high, her isk bottomless, and her moral good.

The current situation with BoB bares striking resemblances to the fall of Berlin. You've lost pretty much all your space. You're surrounded on all sides. Your income and production has ceased. You're fighting a losing battle. Your troops are deluded by their directors with their propaganda in an effort to keep morale high so they can fight out to the death, yet you all know deep down inside that it's only a matter of time.

The fall of Berlin very very accurately describes the situation in Delve at the minute.

^^

^^
    c u in empire

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

See now this is why Eve intrigues me. I'm gonna download it tonight.

Raspberry wrote: »
    c u in empire

If were in empire or not, doesnt really effect our ability to project power and defeat enemies, helps it in alot of ways. Ok so we cant build more titans, but thats about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Sand

RL comparisons FTL, but still off

In fairness they both had trouble with those damned Russians. And with all the "Planned it all at the 2006 BBQ", "Our island", "Didnt want all those regions anyway", "LOL, we love lagged out fleet battles where we die without loading grid, LOL", "Oh you hate us because we were *pretending* to be asshats - fooled you all, were really nice actually, lets all go rides bikes" etc etc coming from Molle and Co its hard to escape the image of him down in a bunker, hunkered over the map ordering imaginary BoB fleets around, whilst hoping for his enemies to attack each other instead. I mean DigitalCommunist was claiming the same stuff to anyone whod listen, but hasnt he left BoB since? Wasnt he having enough fun?

Someone HAS to do a Downfall skit with Molle having a rant at TWD, Dianbolic, T20 and Jake Noble. Probably wont reach the height of "AND TO MAKE IT WORSE ITS UNSWORTH WHO SCORES!?!?!" hilarity, but still.

Advertisement