Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Sale (Flights from 1p / €10)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Bluetonic wrote: »
    No not really.

It's still cheap ,it's the rtn flights for £5 / £10 in the papers that catches your eye .

Still a wee bit mad imo
    wba88 wrote: »
    any1else have to pay handling fees??

Think i paid £8 and i am not putting any baggage in the hold .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

Seems to be that this sale allows you to fly tues & wedsdays only and applies only to some UK destintations!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

Fares include taxes, fees & charges
    Booking Periodue 26th Feb 08 - Thu 28th Feb 08 Travel Periodue 01st Apr 08 - Mon 30th Jun 08 Applicable Daysue & Wed only (Subject To Availability) Flight must be purchased:14 Days in advance Blackout Period:01 May - 06 May 08 all routes to/from UK & Ireland
    08 May - 13 May all routes to/from Germany
    22 May - 27 May 08 all routes to/from UK
    29 May - 03 Jun 08 all routes to/from Ireland Notes on this farell Holidays, School Breaks and Major Sporting Events are excluded from this offer

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

eskimo wrote: »
    HOWEVER

People keep saying the luggage fee is mandatory - it's not. I'm booking a flight to Paris in June and it's totalling €20.00 - that's with online check-in, checking in no bags, no insurance, and no priority boarding; so all of which are not mandatory.

Did you not have to pay a €4 credit card fee? It'd be great if they got rid of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

It's odd, they're actually giving me 1c flights on a Thursday and Saturday but not a Wednesday, contrary to their terms and conditions.

Edit: They seem to have fixed it now. Silly me should have booked a flight from Stansted to Dublin when they had the glitch and then booked Dublin to there after. Could have got it all free then but who was to know.

• Advertisement

walshki wrote: »
    Did you not have to pay a €4 credit card fee? It'd be great if they got rid of that.

Travelling from liverpool I had to pay £3 each way rtn credit card fee - total £6.00

• Registered Users Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

The site is ****ed. I'm a big Ryanair fan but this is taking the piss TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 fast1

I have been trying to book a flight since yesterday. 2 days and no luck. entered credit card details in and it went to process it but died. now I am trying to call them to make sure the payment didnt go through - you think I can get through?

the new website is crap - they should have tested it at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

cant find any freebies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

has anyone noticed any difference whatsoever apart from the new piss-poor layout?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Yeah they are using ajax to load the prices when u select ur flight. Its real slow as well doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Enhancements for customers on the new Ryanair.com include:
    · The additional processing power of the new system improves the website speed for customers, especially during peak booking periods.
    · The Flight Change facility is now available up to 4 hours prior to departure at discounted rates.
    · The online check-in period has been extended to 5 days before travel and customers can now check-in for both outbound and return flights at the same time.
    · The Online Check-in system has been simplified and is now available in 8 languages.
    · Priority Boarding, items of checked baggage, musical instrument and sports, equipment can be purchased online up to 4 hours prior to flight departure at discounted rates.
    · Finding our lowest fares will now be easier with the Flexible Search function.
    · Fares will display inclusive of taxes not just on the home page as is currently the case, but on the flight select page too.
    · We have added a Manage My Booking section where customers can retrieve, review, change and add additional services to their booking at discounted rates.
    · Improved website accessibility for vision impaired customers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

€0.01 flight i found but heres the catch they charge you the card processing fee of €3 not as good as before :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

wba88 wrote: »
    any1else have to pay handling fees??

yes me as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

And why is there STILL nobody answering the phone line??? Monkey must be on his holidays.

Stupid line is only open peak hours too, monday to friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Yeah, what is the story with them charging for credit cards, they didn't do that in any of their other 1c deals. It says fares include charges, this seems misleading.

Also, edinburgh is not listed on the main page or the availability pdf but when you click more destinations it says there are 1c flights there, but I haven't found any.
    Flights to Friedrichshafen on a Tuesday or Wednesday are rare if ever.

The selection of destinations is much poorer than in the past, just like the website.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

People, the website is going to be slow and there is very little Ryanair can do. Ryanair is a big site across Europe and they had a pretty big promotion for when it came back online. There is a VERY large number of people trying to use the site to get the 1p flights and the server the site is hosted on simply cant handle it. It happens every year with the CAO, and there is very little that can be done besides paying a fortune for a very high speed server which probably will still result in it being slow. The techs in Ryanair should have had the brains to realise that when the new system went back online there is going to be a huge increase in users in general, and even more to get the 1p offer. Therefore, the offers in general should have been spread out over a few weeks to ease the pressure on the server.

I heard someone say that the system is built by a group of students and I don't think they can be blamed for server issues. The website has always worked before and when the new system kicks in working with the usual pace of users it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

Well, the best way to test a new system is to do what Ryanair does now. Put up a big promotion and se the treshold and how much the new system can handle. After that they can make the neceserry adjustment. The downside is the we have to be their ginnypigs, and even if we are pisst off now, they know that we will keep coming back. That's the price we have to pay, for not have to pay such a hig price for our flights :).

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AdrianC

Sully wrote: »
    I heard someone say that the system is built by a group of students

The System is designed by Navitaire, a subsidiary of Accenture. Their orginal website, before they could take online bookings was designed by two students, but since 2000 it has been using the systems of Navitaire/Accenture.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Site is still slow, but decidedly better than the last few days. What is different from before is the prices.

I'm constantly checking the Ryanair site to look for good deals from Cork and so am pretty familiar with their standard fares. It looks to me like their prices have jumped big time! Excluding the 1 cent and €10 special offers, the cheapest flights I can get for 2 to Stansted for a weekend are €170 in total - a lot more than before! This is without baggage and using online checkin etc. Maybe it's just me, but I reckon the fares were substantially cheaper before.

The credit card charge has now increased to €4 per person per sector, as have the airport checkin and priority boarding charges. A checked bag is now €9 per flight (€8 before I think), i.e. it will now cost you €26 to check a bag for a return flight!

Now, I love Ryanair as much as the next guy, but if they're gonna charge Aer Lingus prices, I'm gonna fly Aer Lingus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Has anyone managed to get a confirmation email off them yet ?
    My flight was confirmed online yesterday but never got the email with my booking details ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

It would appear that the new, improved website is also the new, improved, more expensive website.
    I booked 2 return flights to Barcelona before the website closed.

Fare breakdown was; Flight; €0.04
    Taxes , fees and handling charges; €36.00
    Total; €36.04

Did the same this morning using exactly the same parameters,
    Fare breakdown was;
    Flight; €0.04
    Taxes, fees and handling charges; €56.00
    Total; €56.04

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

The 'find lowest fares' option whereby you can put in dates of +20 or -20 days is also gone.

They've gone backwards.

Has anyone managed to get a confirmation email off them yet ?
    My flight was confirmed online yesterday but never got the email with my booking details ?

I got a confirmation email last week when i booked before all this (so it seems ) latest confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

i finally managed to find a 1p flight (28th May Cork to Stansted) but note, as others that I would be charged the credit card fee. Bit of a pisser because I previously booked the free flights on the off chance I'd travel (quick day trip to London) but I'd be less inclined now (it was coming out €16 return for 2 people). I know we're still talking half nothing but I'd be less inclined to book unless I was sure I'd go. I'd love to get a visa electron card but the closest in Ireland is apparently either the Halifax visa debit card or the MBNA gift card and I'm not sure how Ryanair handles those.

Notwithstanding that the website appeared a tiny bit better today - still delays but not totally timing out as much as yesterday. Michael O'Leary was on the Last word last night and said all these speed issues would be sorted out before the end of the week. He also didn't give any hope that they would accept laser in the near future - blamed the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

now there's nothing happening, just a blue blank screen after you select flights........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

now there's nothing happening, just a blue blank screen after you select flights........

The joys of Cheapo flights :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

yep blue screen!

i can imagine Michael at home thinking "feckin IT igots"

he probably try to buy Microsoft next week

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Bastards, just booked a 1p return flight and when I picked mastercard on the booking page, the price didn't change like it used to, but when I went to pay, I see I paid something like £6 instead of 4p :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

They really should have the option of looking at dates across the month or even week. It is some pain to try agnd find the 1p seats on a Tues and Wed and have the same old message

Sorry, there are no available flights going out on 20 May

This may be because:

* The flight you have chosen is full
    * The travel dates requested are for our next schedule period and the fares/seats are not loaded for this date as yet
    * There may not be a flight scheduled for this date
    * Flights TO and FROM Riga (RIX/Latvia) and Kaunas (KUN/Lithuania) for travel within 7 days of departure and flights TO and FROM Berlin Schonefeld (SXF/Germany) for travel within 3 days of departure can only be booked by calling our reservation centre

Please check our timetables at Ryanair.com or click above to check the previous or next day's availability or call our reservation centre to check the details of this flight.

You then have to manually go through the days before you stumble on the actual day they fly!!

Painful

Advertisement