Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Sale (Flights from 1p / €10)

Options
  • 25-02-2008 9:11pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    Ryanair have been harping on about a 1p sale on their website which apparently launches Tuesday. Now its VERY confusing because it looks like, yet the press release yesterday said it wont open until Tuesday. The site had an add up saying flights at 1p and the press release said the same, but looking at it now.. its changes to "from" €10 inclusive of charges etc.

See: http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

Ryanair site is now up and running as of a few minutes ago. If you look at the small print in their sunday paper ad, they stated the 1p flights are available when you fly tue/wed. Other than that it's business as usual and you have to search to get the cheap flights. Their inclusive costs are correct as I checked some costs previous to the site going down and just checked them now and saw no change in total ..... unless someone spots a bug in their program.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Why dont they have small print on the website? And the booking system has been up a good few hours now.

See:: http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/news.php?yr=08&month=feb&story=pro-en-220208

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/news.php?yr=08&month=feb&story=pro-en-240208

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Anybody else think the new system is brutal compared to the old one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I presume the 1p flights will be online tomorrow because the ad said Tuesday didn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

It might be worth checking after midnight and see if they have any 1p promotional flights or in ryanair's case, they probably will start the sale at 4am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

joeswatch wrote: »
    It might be worth checking after midnight and see if they have any 1p promotional flights or in ryanair's case, they probably will start the sale at 4am.

It was actually up first thing this morning. I haven't seen any special fares myself. However the new site isn't working very well yet - very slow. The changes look to be the ability to search flexibly (it shows one week at a time) and that when you click on a fare it shows the final price after taxes (presumably not including baggage options and credit card charges). Once its stable I think it'll be a big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

The website has been back up since Sunday night, i booked sets of flights online sunday night at around 9pm, didnt spot any 1 cent flights but did get a couple of 0 cent flights coming back from Manchester to Dublin ,but taxes etc had to be paid .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

the 1p flights start at midnight tonight

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Jazus, it's dog slow, I timed out on a BB line.
    The "find lowest fare" is gone, it's gonna be a bitch to find the cheap flights now

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Yesterday 22:30
    rameire the 1p flights start at midnight tonight
    What a sham...now starts at 12noon today...usual Ryanair ****.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Does their luggage policy differ in any way to that of Aer Lingus?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭shalom

****e...Stayed up to be told that... oh well win some lose some!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Book from midday they say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Book from midday they say

its on the site now but so far cant find anything for 1 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Does their luggage policy differ in any way to that of Aer Lingus?

No same as Aer Lingus, you gotta pay.

Once thing that Aer Lingus charges for: advance seat selection, up to 20€ for the best seats. That's the only thing they invented themselves, everything else they copied from Micky O'Leary. ;)

Just back this evening from my one-day 2c (including all charges & taxes & everything) trip to Glasgow. Nice city. Also went to Edinburgh.

I was hoing that the *NEW* Ryanair site would have inclusive fares: No such luck, same old cr*p with fares, plus taxes, plus charges. Credit Card fee is now 4€! :mad:

And the new sysytem is slooooow. And it insists on charging you for insurance even when you don't want it. Some improvement required!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

marrm wrote: »
    And it insists on charging you for insurance even when you don't want it.

Don't think so! Just had a look and you can select "No Insurance Required". There's even a message to that effect which surprises me, this being Ryanair!

jjbrien wrote: »
    its on the site now but so far cant find anything for 1 cent

Because it is not midday. It is on the front page. Book From Midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

This is the link to their new booking page where you can select flexible dates and where, when you select a fare it then shows the final charge (excluding bags, insurance, credit card charge, priority boarding etc - all those things Ryanair considers optional).
    Link

Funny thing is that when you do a flexible fare search it only shows six days and then you have an option to go to next week or previous week and when you do it only shows the same six days for that week. In other words if you choose Wednesday but cllick on flexible fares it shows Monday to Saturday that week and if you click on next week it shows Monday to Saturday the next week etc - you never get to see Sunday unless you do a new search - seems a pretty basic error - sure I'm sure they'll fix it (or perhaps charge extra to see the full week).:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Good luck to anyone booking flights through the site anyway. Seems they brought it back up far too early in terms of it working adequately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

^Agreed, their web****e has issues, I can't book a flight at all, never mind getting a bargain.

What clever sole decided to have an offer on the first day of the site being up?

Scunthorpe <- Testing the swear word filter.

• Advertisement

Good God, looking at that site is like browsing with a dial up connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Same here. I eventually got to the flights I want & they were still €25.99 each way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I booked to go over to Dublin in April .The actual rtn flight cost 1p each way .Add on all the additional costs tax insurence CC charge etc , and it worked out at £39.99 rtn .Mad hey ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

latchyco wrote: »
    I booked to go over to Dublin in April .The actual rtn flight cost 1p each way .Add on all the additional costs tax insurence CC charge etc , and it worked out at £39.99 rtn .Mad hey ? :rolleyes:

No not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Can't seem to find the dates for this offer. Anyone have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

OnLooker wrote: »
    Can't seem to find the dates for this offer. Anyone have them?

Doesn't appear to be implemented on their booking system yet. I'd imagine the whole thing has gone mad again and they won't go up until later on.

It is a complete farce to be honest. They shouldn't have relaunched their system until it was properly tested. There is an announcement on their website saying the system is all up but they are experiencing unprecedented demand. Well we book flights about every 10/12 days with them and I have never experienced their system acting in this manner before. It was acting like it is now at 7:00 am this morning so I think the demand element is an idle excuse more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

i cant seem to get any flights at 1p i tried doing a wednesday to wednesday thursday to monday tuesday to tuesday nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Ryanair.com AND their phone line are both driving me nuts!

The website is just not working properly at all since yesterday; whenever I do eventually get onto the booking page the prices are currently astronomical for some reason.

Since I'm trying to book using vouchers, I have to ring their phone line. They don't let you book with vouchers on their website. So I've tried ringing it 8 times in the past hour. 7 times it was engaged. The other time it just rang out until it cut me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

HOWEVER

People keep saying the luggage fee is mandatory - it's not. I'm booking a flight to Paris in June and it's totalling €20.00 - that's with online check-in, checking in no bags, no insurance, and no priority boarding; so all of which are not mandatory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

any1else have to pay handling fees??

Advertisement