Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurosong '08

Options
  • 23-02-2008 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14 YelNATS

The show was saved by the final performance...well not saved but a good song.

How did that happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Can anybody find the words to describe what was broadcast on RTE this evening? :confused::confused:

Euroduck ftw! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

... interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Ok that was kinda weird....

Anyway let the girl win. (Maya) She has the best voice by far!

Actually that ugly chick with the great body.. Leona has an excellent voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

There's already a thread in AH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Maya was definately the best. She should win. Leona wasn't bad but she was too much of a Amy Winehouse wannabe. The guys were decent as well.

The less said about Dustin the better. I hope Dustin doesn'tdo well at all. Other wise we might see Podge & Rodge with a profanity laced "song"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 AJ2012

Saruman wrote: »
    Actually that ugly chick with the great body.. Leona has an excellent voice.

I thought that song by Leona was great. Was very pleasantly surprised by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

"Lose the dancers!" is certainly a cry for some of those songs. At times those dancers were actually getting in the way of the singers, when they should not be there at all. No real outstanding songs there, but let's hope Dustin doesn't win. Leave that one for the discos. As for the lyrics, there is nothing to apologise for in Riverdance.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

Dustin Wins, what started as a national joke has turned us into an international disgrace...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Facepalm.jpeg

Oh.. dear.. god what has just transpired?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

big_show wrote: »
    Dustin Wins, what started as a national joke has turned us into an international disgrace...
    LOLOLOL. You're saying that as if someone out there actually takes the eurovision seriously.

LALWOAWLOAWlOAWLAWOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DizzyTizzy

Dustin wins without the short dress or high heels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hope Serbia is ready for the Duck, sorry Turkey...

I missed this...did Dustin really win? Surely you're extracting the michael....

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

What about his costume? Cringe... At least most of Europe won't see him sure he SURELY won't get past the semis one would think...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I missed this...did Dustin really win? Surely you're extracting the michael....

Yes. He won. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

What about Louis Walsh ... "she's not a man, she's a woman" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just incredible. Why is he allowed on TV ??

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I really hope Dustin wins!! :p

Well he won Eurosong but as to Eurovision, i doubt it.. but i recken we will get more votes with him than in the last few years.... I think Europeans will get the joke.. he is the Atari Jaguar of Irish voting, be it Government or Presidential elections... and now Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I think he would do well in Eurovision...if people could understand what he's saying! I don't know how anyone will be able to work-out that strong dub accent....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

It will be a repeat of silvia night, he will be booed off the stage on semi-final night, that is if the EBU don't pull the plug on it beforehand.

Look at the reaction of the crowd tonight. Even silvia night didn't get that reaction in the icelandic national finals in 2006

Interestingly, considering the ****e we were put through tonight, the ones that wern't picked are starting to pop up on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9NeeTJn1Zs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

I'm glad Dustin got through. It was a joke entry and the Eurovision itself is a joke, so fair enough I say.

So come on, don't take it so seriously, it's just a bit of fun really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm glad he won, Ireland has no chance of winning the Eurovision so why not have a laugh with it?

he reminds me of the Estonian guys (I think) that sang "We are the winners of Eurovision" to the tune of "nah nah nah nah nah"
    Ireland gave them 12 points! sure we always go for the novelty acts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The competition was so bad last night that Dustin would have won on merit even without the whole "subvert the Eurovison" thing.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The Eurovision has lost the plot recently with block voting, more emphasis on the band/singer than the song, etc.
    It used to be shíte - now its as bad as Big Brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

It's a crap song and it was a mess of a performance. Only a moron could have voted for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Enii wrote: »
    It's a crap song and it was a mess of a performance. Only a moron could have voted for it.

Only a real moron would care what happens in the Eurovision. We should be doing everything we can to ensure we never have to host the hideous ****efest again, it's a massive waste of license fee money. Even more so than Turbidy.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'm pleased to say that I still haven't heard it. If I continue doing as I have done to date then I may get to avoid hearing it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

I think Dustins song should be see as what it is. It's an effort to show how pathetic the whole Eurovision thing has become. Listen to the words!!
    It is brilliant!! Two fingers to the Eastern Block!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I'm glad he won!

Advertisement