Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What age is old?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Actually, it's more like "old"="bad".
    Oh definitely. But a lot of people (most) start going on about how they're "getting old" once they reach 20.

What age are you? You come across as about 35 in your posts tbh - as in, you seem exceptionally mature. Which just goes to show you that the number of years you're alive isn't always relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I wrestled with this issue for a few years (as everyone does) and I think I'm just about over it now. I'm 24, and I really don't care anymore. I'll live until I die, simple as that.

I have to LOL at people saying 27 is middle-aged and all that... what nonsense! It's all about your image and people's perception of you - when you start to 'feel' middle-aged, you'll probably start dressing a bit differently...

Anyway, lots of my favourite bands are in their 50's and 60's and still going strong.

I know that women tend to feel more sensitive about the whole issue, but they really shouldn't... I mean, come on - Britney Spears..yuck, Kim Cattrall..MMmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Im 26 in a few weeks and I still feel like a 12 year old in some ways. I have matured emotionally but ive giving up taking life so seriously, im alot happier now then I was when I was younger so growing older has been a positive experience. I don't like birthdays though especially if I feel ive done nothing all year, this time i have achieved alot so it should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Well there has been many different views on this since I started the thread, some people have got a little mad over the issue but I just want to state I dont think 26 (my age) is old neither is 46 for that matter as in old age. From reading replys I have to say I was being a bit ridiculous dwelling on age and I really am gona try and forget about the number and concentrate on how I feel not what my date of birth is...and I feel 13 so Ive got a bit of maturing to do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

OP I'm the same age as you and I feel the complete opposite. I still feel very young and feel that all that settling down malarkey is aaaaaaaaages away yet. You're putting too much pressure on yourself. Who cares what your friends are doing (by the way are all your friends around your age settling down? None of mine are, we must be abnormal!) Just enjoy being 26, it's a great age. Relax and enjoy your life, age is only a number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

There are plenty of other things to worry about that you can actually do something about. Life is too short, big deal. You're only going to make it shorter worrying about how short it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'll know I'm old when I finally have to stop playing football etc. When my age starts to restrict me that's when I'll start to get down about it.

Right now I'm just gone 23 and yes, every year I hate my birthday as it means I'm another step closer to being old, but right now my life is superb really and to be thinking about being old at this stage is nonsensical.

Plus I'm at the right age to still be able to check out 18 year olds without being classed as a perv while also having a fine understanding of and appreciation for the MILFs of this world :p

Advertisement