Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Hi, just got the news that the houses on the even number side of Barnwell Grove have been done and hand over of keys started.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Hi all,

I have a problem with my gas boiler.
    It has low cold water pressure (zero), after 15 days not using it.

Anyone can help?

How can I let enter water into the system in order to increase the water pressure?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭alexf1

I take it you're in a brand new house? If so call the plumber. There's a leak somewhere. Probably only a tiny leak, but it needs to be found and fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

lunamia wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a problem with my gas boiler.
    It has low cold water pressure (zero), after 15 days not using it.

Anyone can help?

How can I let enter water into the system in order to increase the water pressure?

Thanks

Probably best to get some support but:
    Take this opp. to bleed your radiators, dont make a mess.
    Then there is a little lever under your boiler and another upstairs in your hot press. You need to turn them both for a few seconds only to bring the pressure back up.
    Then test again.

Collyb101 wrote: »
    Probably best to get some support but:
    Take this opp. to bleed your radiators, dont make a mess.
    Then there is a little lever under your boiler and another upstairs in your hot press. You need to turn them both for a few seconds only to bring the pressure back up.
    Then test again.

Thanks for replying,
    "there is a little lever under your boiler": Well, I've no lever under the boiler other than the one for the gas pipe.

In the hot press there are 5 lever, with numbers from 1 to 5...
    4 of those are already open.
    The only one I didn't test is a round lever, red, at the bottom of the hot press.

• Advertisement

alexf1 wrote: »
    I take it you're in a brand new house? If so call the plumber. There's a leak somewhere. Probably only a tiny leak, but it needs to be found and fixed.

I've been living in the house for 6 months, never happened before...
    Only this time that the boiler did't work for 15 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

I'd the same issue. No. 4 is the relevant lever to top up the water level. The one under the boiler is the gas lever so don't touch that. If you can't fix it yourself then call the builder's plumber to look in to it, its under warranty.

bbari wrote: »
    I'd the same issue. No. 4 is the relevant lever to top up the water level. The one under the boiler is the gas lever so don't touch that. If you can't fix it yourself then call the builder's plumber to look in to it, its under warranty.

Thanks bbari, I will try that on Wednesday, as I'm not at home at the moment, if it doesn't work I'll contact the builder.

Thanks it worked properly.

The pipe n. 4 in the press room has 2 valves.
    1 managed by a small screw.
    1 managed by a small black lever.

Needs to be open first the screw one and then for few seconds the black one.

Unfortunately you can't check immediately because you need to go downstairs to check the boiler's pressure (or someone else to shout loudly :p ).

Once finished remember to close the screw as it's a double security.

lunamia wrote: »
    Thanks it worked properly.

The pipe n. 4 in the press room has 2 valves.
    1 managed by a small screw.
    1 managed by a small black lever.

Needs to be open first the screw one and then for few seconds the black one.

Unfortunately you can't check immediately because you need to go downstairs to check the boiler's pressure (or someone else to shout loudly :p ).

Once finished remember to close the screw as it's a double security.

Glad it worked for you. It literally just takes a second or two. Once I over filled it in my previous home, you can "bleed" the water thru any of the radiators.

• Advertisement

hi can any one clarify this to me, I noticed my water is not heating up using climote but if I switch on the bath and sink switch in front of the boiler room its starts heating up, is this normal or I need to contact the builder as that switch is using electric but not the gas, can any one please clarify this, thanks.

userduluth wrote:
    hi can any one clarify this to me, I noticed my water is not heating up using climote but if I switch on the bath and sink switch in front of the boiler room its starts heating up, is this normal or I need to contact the builder as that switch is using electric but not the gas, can any one please clarify this, thanks.

No, not normal. Someone else had the same issue and the plumber fixed it for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

userduluth wrote: »

No, that is not normal. The switch you mentioned is for Electric Heater. That will take too much electricity.

your gas boiler's pressure might be gone. Check the pressure gauge of the boiler (it should be more than 1)
    OR
    yellow boxes near the hot water tank, in upstairs, might be connected wrong/faulty. You can see 3 yellow boxes, for the water heater, for living room heating, and for bed room heating.
    Check the light of the water heater yellow box ON when we switch on the gas boiler.
    Both happened in my case.
    Better to call the plumber.
    (our plumbing related job was done very irresponsible;))

Have the builder check this for you absolutely.
    But keep in mind, the gas does take longer to heat the water than the emerge. A lot longer.

Have the builder check this for you absolutely.
    But keep in mind, the gas does take longer to heat the water than the emerge. A lot longer.
    Thomas16 wrote: »
    No, that is not normal. The switch you mentioned is for Electric Heater. That will take too much electricity.

your gas boiler's pressure might be gone. Check the pressure gauge of the boiler (it should be more than 1)
    OR
    yellow boxes near the hot water tank, in upstairs, might be connected wrong/faulty. You can see 3 yellow boxes, for the water heater, for living room heating, and for bed room heating.
    Check the light of the water heater yellow box ON when we switch on the gas boiler.
    Both happened in my case.
    Better to call the plumber.
    (our plumbing related job was done very irresponsible;))
    No, not normal. Someone else had the same issue and the plumber fixed it for him.

Thanks all for your advice and help...I have contacted the site office and they have sent a plumber and he fixed it...it was just valve which was not open

Hi,

There is some sound like grinding from the attic while filling water into the overhead tank. This is not always, but most of the time especially evening/night time.

Have anybody experienced this type of problem?

Thank You.

Hi, I cant fit my washing machine and dryer side by side due to pillar coming little bit out, can any one suggest if they have same problem in their house and what can be done to fit them together....my friends have similar problem in their house and they suggested me to put the dryer on top of the wood above washing machine but I dont know if that wood can handle that weight, please suggest me what can be done, can I ask the builder to cut the pillar so that I can open the door of my dryer.

userduluth wrote:
    Hi, I cant fit my washing machine and dryer side by side due to pillar coming little bit out, can any one suggest if they have same problem in their house and what can be done to fit them together....my friends have similar problem in their house and they suggested me to put the dryer on top of the wood above washing machine but I dont know if that wood can handle that weight, please suggest me what can be done, can I ask the builder to cut the pillar so that I can open the door of my dryer.

Can swapping the position help?

Wood will certainly hold the weight but it looks ugly?

Taking few mm of the pillars is certainly doable.

If nothing works then get the 2 in 1 job?

Can swapping the position help?

Wood will certainly hold the weight but it looks ugly?

Taking few mm of the pillars is certainly doable.

If nothing works then get the 2 in 1 job?

Hi bbari,

I tried swapping the positions but dint help, I will try with removing around 2mm of pillar by contacting some one from the builder(hopefully he will do) and if everything fails then may be 2 in 1 which looks ugly but no option left for me

userduluth wrote:
    I tried swapping the positions but dint help, I will try with removing around 2mm of pillar by contacting some one from the builder(hopefully he will do) and if everything fails then may be 2 in 1 which looks ugly but no option left for me

By 2 in 1 i meant washer and dryer as one unit as opposed to two units.

Cutting pillar isn't a big job as its just the plaster board you will be cutting. Just cut enough to accommodate the door opening.

• Advertisement

By 2 in 1 i meant washer and dryer as one unit as opposed to two units.

Cutting pillar isn't a big job as its just the plaster board you will be cutting. Just cut enough to accommodate the door opening.

Already bought two units :eek: and now struggling with fitting them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

hi guys. I was just wondering if there is an issue with anti-social behaviour / crime on the road leading down to Hansfield train station? I've been down there a few times over the past few weeks and there appears to broken window glass and empty beer cans strewn around.

Already bought two units :eek: and now struggling with fitting them

Hi,

We had the same problem, no space for dryer because of the pillar you mentioned. But, we didn't bother because we are using washer-dryer 2 in 1.

I don't think so, the wooden stand is enough strong to hold the dryer because dryer will vibrate while working.

Our utility room is smaller than the same in the showhouse.

I think, better to ask Robert in the site office.

Thank You

Veloce wrote: »
    hi guys. I was just wondering if there is an issue with anti-social behaviour / crime on the road leading down to Hansfield train station? I've been down there a few times over the past few weeks and there appears to broken window glass and empty beer cans strewn around.

Are you sure you were on the right road?
    I haven't seen anything of that sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Are you sure you were on the right road?
    I haven't seen anything of that sort.

oh it's there alright, as well as the Two burnt marks on the ground from where two if not three cars were torched. I'm not surprised as it's in the middle of no man's land at the moment.
    Give it a few months and it will be like the middle east, something like ongar, renters land.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Phil.x wrote: »
    oh it's there alright, as well as the Two burnt marks on the ground from where two if not three cars were torched. I'm not surprised as it's in the middle of no man's land at the moment.
    Give it a few months and it will be like the middle east, something like ongar, renters land.

That's a tad extreme... It looks like the whole area is to be built up so once that happens I'd say the antisocial behaviour will disappear too as communities develop. With the price of the houses I'd doubt there'd be much incentive for potential landlords to buy these houses and they're far more likely to be snapped up by young families looking for their own homes.

Attol wrote: »
    That's a tad extreme... It looks like the whole area is to be built up so once that happens I'd say the antisocial behaviour will disappear too as communities develop. With the price of the houses I'd doubt there'd be much incentive for potential landlords to buy these houses and they're far more likely to be snapped up by young families looking for their own homes.

EXACTLY*
    Plus the community has an active Residents Association who keep a watch on the area as well as the relevant mgt company. I'm surprised your attacking the estate TBH.... You sound sour!.

EXACTLY*
    Plus the community has an active Residents Association who keep a watch on the area as well as the relevant mgt company. I'm surprised your attacking the estate TBH.... You sound sour!.

First time buyer I presume.

Attol wrote: »

Some houses in ongar were €330k 12/13 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Phil.x wrote: »
    Some houses in ongar were €330k 12/13 years ago.

Are you a resident of the area?

Advertisement