Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airing room for writers?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

this sounds great - I'll send a PM and see where it leads me . . . :D
    Good man for taking the leap Beeb. PM sent. Address is a bit up in air as I'm between apartments at the moment so it's looking like around beaumont for 7ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Partly Arvo

This sounds like a good idea; is it a functioning one?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Jack DeValera

It functions intermittently - keep checking this thread to find out when the next one is taking place - everbody is welcome.

And on that note - When we scheduling the next one Humberklog??

Anyone up for this weekend? Sunday evening?

I like your tracks, very cool.

One of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkjhgDo1REM

Recorded on a laptop with only the in-built speakers so the sound isn't great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

sunday night cool for me

• Advertisement

Sunday's good here too.

Well, let's say Sunday then. You up for coming Partly Arvo?? That video and song are great, would love to have you there.

Humber - is your place still an option? You said you were moving, just wanted to double-check it was okay with you.

Also, it might be worthwhile doing a PM to people who have expressed interest before - it'd be good to get the numbers up.

Good point about my place. It's a bit up in air still. At moment I can do however if someone else wanted to accommodate it this time around I'd welcome that.

I'm in if there's a venue. Is bringing wine/beer allowed?

Wine/beer/hard narcotics are all allowed.

No banana sandwiches though.

• Advertisement

hard narcotics are all allowed

Do you accept Lazer cards? :)

My place is looking dodgy for sunday so if anyone else could do this one it would be most helpful
    Or mine is good for Monday Tuesday or Wednesday

Can do Sunday day at mine. My neighbours are mongs and get offended if I burp at night though.

I'm having a 'mare with builders at the moment. So a change of location for the next week or so would be good.

BUMPING UP THE JAM.
    Songroom is assembling on wednesday night. So far its me and Jack Dev and hoping Oink may see this and come along. If you're reading this and don't know what it is it is very, very simple. If you are intereted in song creation as a creative process then you are welcome. Wether you play an instrument, write lyrics or just like to see new music being wheeled out for the first time then drop along. PM me and I'll pm details.
    This is an interim venue and isn't as big as previous venue but could accomodate up to 5. There will be spare guitars (so anyone interested in picking up instrument for 1st time this is the perfect place to get acquainted), there will be a clarinet, a tuba and maybe a keyboard too. It is held in a private residence.
    You can do what you like: have people join in, play by yourself, listen in, drink, smoke. Only thing required is an open mind.
    So it's happening this wednesday evening and will be located around the Leonard's corner area of Dublin. Show an interest on this thread and more info wil follow.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I'm in! Looking forward to hearing your new songs.
    Anybody else out there wants to jump in?

im up for it too

any flamenco players there?????
    need 1

Good man Hennisjon. I'll pm on phone no. etc.

I reckon oink could pull a bit of flaminco from the sleeve.

7-7.3o good time for everyone?

cool

• Advertisement

Sounds good. can you text me the address please.

Flamencowise, I can play something in Myxolidian mode, stick a few rasgueados here and there and shout "Ole", but I wouldn't go as far as calling it Flamenco...

Will do Oink. So that's looking like 4 this evening.

thx hunberklog its great to get together with likeminded poeple i enjoyed the couple of hours with ya and oink..

feedback can be essential to see if the ideas can work.

john

Thanks for hosting the party again H, that was quite fun.

That's it for me now until Feb or so. I have just realised I booked 5 1/2 weeks hols instead of 4 1/2. So I probably won't even remember how to play whenI come back...
    I'm leaving in 2 weeks, so see you guys next year!

Off to the islands Oink? You watch out for the boiling pots. They eat people out that way. Some Yam, rice and human leg. That song you've completed was brilliant. Henno's words of advice really worked so well. Say it loud say it proud and do it with feeling. I took a lot from his well put points.
    Probably do another this side of xmas. I know Jack's got a barrow load of ideas he's looking to wheel around the garden.

Great to put a face to the posts Henno and some cracking tunes to boot. Hope you'll keep in touch and come along to the next. I'll text you when there's a date. Feel free to host away and pop a date up yourself.

I'd been getting lazy, or losing site of completion. Funny tunings and experimental wanderings had been guiding me more recently so i was a bit disappointed in myself that I wasn't more prepared with lyric completion etc. So thanks for the toe up the hole.

Oi9nk I'm gonna pull that song's lyrics up again as I think it's a quality sing and now you've heard the tune with me singing I hope it makes more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Hey whens this kicking off again? It sounds like a relly great idea, I love it and I'd really like to be involved.

Hey whens this kicking off again? It sounds like a relly great idea, I love it and I'd really like to be involved.
    Good point Arid. I'd drifted off a bit what with Chrimbo and regulars away etc. I'm up for one if anyone else is.
    Just got myself a new capo after being without for a few months. A few month of odd tunings is enough for anyone to feck the instrument away for a few weeks.
    New capo - will roll.

If you look up a few posts on the thread you'll get the jist. I'm about anyway and would love to do it next week or week after.
    Anyone else interested?

I've been at the tunings lately too, some favourites now are DADABd and DADAAa! Also if anyone needs to borrow a capo I've got a spare! ;) Just got the ol' guitar serviced so I'm good to go anytime!

Bump up the Jam. Seeing as Oink's back around is anyone else up for a meet. Anytime next week is good here. If interested have a read of the thread to see if it's your cup of tea and show your interest on this thread and we'll take it from there.
    Aridstarling still interested? Henno? JackDev? Anyone?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'd still be up. Any night in mind?

Advertisement