Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Live! on Iphone (how to configure the proxy settings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭validis_

Further testing with a 1.1.4 IPhone upgraded to 2.0: the same settings apply to get the vodafone 9.99 package working.
    The easiest way to set it up if you have not installed it before is to install the T-Zones app from the installed, install Open SSH, and then ssh to the Iphone and update the proxy.pac to the correct ip address: PROXY 10.24.59.100:80

Imap is currently working, but mobileme push syncing does not work.
    Web, weather etc are all working.
    Data does not work in some of the new apps inc Facebook app and the Cydia installer.

If I use the isp.vodafone.ie username vodafone password vodafone then everything inc mobileme works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

When i try to connect to my iphone using SSH it asks me for a username and password. I have tried various combinations of alpine (1.1.4) but still cant connect. I want to install the proxy pac. I have got the ip off the router. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

Theres no need for the proxy pac anymore .. just use Vodafone's new €10 per month 1GB isp addon and use isp.vodafone.ie access point .. it'll allow web, mail and skype through no need for any mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

v10 wrote: »
    Theres no need for the proxy pac anymore .. just use Vodafone's new €10 per month 1GB isp addon and use isp.vodafone.ie access point .. it'll allow web, mail and skype through no need for any mods.

Is that for bill pay? Can't find it for prepay? Link?

Reganovski wrote: »
    Is that for bill pay? Can't find it for prepay? Link?
    Oh right sorry .. thats on bill pay only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭validis_

When you are ssh into the phone use ssh root@the ipaddress of the iphone, password if asked is alpine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

validis_ wrote: »
    When you are ssh into the phone use ssh root@the ipaddress of the iphone, password if asked is alpine.

Thanks I will give it a go. The new add on from vodafone looks like it will solve the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭japasca

Hello,

I am after traveling to Denmark for 2 weeks and i got a Vodafone sim to take advantage of the 99c data and cheap roaming charges while here. (prepay sim)

I have not been able to get my iPhone 1.1.2 4gb working with Vodafone. I used the APN live.vodafone.com, and used dublin for the username and password (as found on boards) but it still wont work. Is there an easy solution to my problem? Can it be fixed without using a computer, as its back in Ireland?

All help really appreciated,

Cheers,
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I've had an iPhone for a year now with no data package and I'm thinking of getting an unlocked 3G and staying on Vodafone. I'm on billpay - can anyone confirm that the "1GB ISP Promo" can be used with the iPhone with no mods, for pretty much everything (Google Maps, mail, web, etc)? Thanks.

J-blk wrote: »
    ...I'm thinking of getting an unlocked 3G and staying on Vodafone. I'm on billpay
    Can the 3G iPhone be unlocked yet ?
    J-blk wrote: »
    ...can anyone confirm that the "1GB ISP Promo" can be used with the iPhone with no mods, for pretty much everything (Google Maps, mail, web, etc)? Thanks.
    Yeah it will, just stick in the settings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Can the 3G iPhone be unlocked yet ?

Thanks for that, going to add it then. The 3G can be unlocked via hardware SIM adapters only - no software unlocks currently exist. There's discussion of which adapters seem to be working for people in the main iPhone 3G thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Can anyone confirm that the proxy.pac method works on the new 2.2 firmware? I'm on prepay hoping to use live.vodafone.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

animaX wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that the proxy.pac method works on the new 2.2 firmware? I'm on prepay hoping to use live.vodafone.com

Same.

Anyone?

In case anyone is wondering, I can confirm that this method works on the new 3.0 firmware!

In case anyone is wondering, I can confirm that this method works on the new 3.0 firmware!

Doesnt seem to work for me. I think I've done everything correctly :mad:

Got it working now....put 1 line incorrectly in the preferences.plist file

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Doesnt seem to work for me. I think I've done everything correctly :mad:

Got it working now....put 1 line incorrectly in the preferences.plist file
    Guys, could one of you give us an overview of using the Vodafone Live! APN and the steps you took? This is a long thread with a lot of various OS versions and it would be good to have a consolidated version for 3.0

Thanks

CivilEx wrote: »
    Guys, could one of you give us an overview of using the Vodafone Live! APN and the steps you took? This is a long thread with a lot of various OS versions and it would be good to have a consolidated version for 3.0

Thanks

There is a guide written by someone on these forums. Here's the link: http://www-boris.blogspot.com/2008/05/how-to-setup-iphone-for-vodafine-live.html

It should be mentioned also that you don't need ssh and winscp to do this, you can do it directly over usb connection using iphonebrowser (a pc application, not an iphone app). I highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Frank_Leach

hi...it seems everyone wants to jailbreak the iphone, but i want to jailbreak a htc hermes xda. any tips or info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ika

The preferences plist looks a bit different for iphone 3g version 3.0 of the os. Does anyone know where those lines for the proxy are supposed to go now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

Yeh this could do with an update rundown from someone succesfully using it on 3+ firmware.

• Advertisement

I'm using the same method on 3.0 but I have the first gen iphone. Not sure what the deal is with the newer models

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Why is everyone so intrested in vodafone live ?

Is it not ver expensive ?

I am with Voda and am using thier 1GB promo and have Dellular data set to ip and use that ?

Can someone enlighten me ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

This is for pre-pay customers

Anyone know how to get rid of the vodafone sh**te when accessing the web through vodafone live. I keep getting vodafone stuff at the top of the page and also some website load as if I was using mobile internet which I don't want to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

The proxy is no longer required to use to use vodafone live. APN, username and password will suffice.

Using the live APN without the proxy will get rid of those pesky vodafone banners at the top and bottom of the pages.

The proxy is no longer required to use to use vodafone live. APN, username and password will suffice.

Using the live APN without the proxy will get rid of those pesky vodafone banners at the top and bottom of the pages.

So live.vodafone.com, dublin and dublin without proxy.pac is suffice to access the 99 cent a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

So live.vodafone.com, dublin and dublin without proxy.pac is suffice to access the 99 cent a day?
    yep it does.what exactly is that vodafone deal.there must be a cap on the 99 cent a day but im not sure what it is.could end up spending a fortune on it.
    Does anyone now a better pre pay internet deal with other networks?????. ill stick with vodafone but I could use that other network sim for browsing and tethering with my laptop if the deal was better???

yeap
    BanjoB wrote: »
    yep it does.what exactly is that vodafone deal.there must be a cap on the 99 cent a day but im not sure what it is.could end up spending a fortune on it.
    Does anyone now a better pre pay internet deal with other networks?????. ill stick with vodafone but I could use that other network sim for browsing and tethering with my laptop if the deal was better???

cap is 50MB a day. 2c/kb if you go over that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

Amazing: I can now use every app normally whereas before only email and maybe Facebook were available to me. Course the problem is you won't be long using up the 50mb and while 2c/kb sounds cheap, it's anything but.

• Advertisement

culabula wrote: »
    Amazing: I can now use every app normally whereas before only email and maybe Facebook were available to me. Course the problem is you won't be long using up the 50mb and while 2c/kb sounds cheap, it's anything but.

yea, its much better without the proxy. not sure if all the ports are open now. it used to be port 80 i think and that was it. maybe without the proxy all the ports are now open?? i'm not sure. i personally think the biggest advantage to this is that you can use it abroad. 50mb for 99c a day abroad? definite bargain! 50mb with O2 in the US for example would cost €249. do the sums there!!!!

Advertisement