Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coconut Oil- good choice?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Interesting - as the smell/flavour is the reason I'm stopped using it for frying in my house. It doesn't bother me, but my sister and OH hate the smell.

I've only ever bought the extra virgin (because that's all I've ever seen in Lidl/Tesco/Superquinn) - where do you get your refined coconut oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

juke wrote: »
    Interesting - as the smell/flavour is the reason I'm stopped using it for frying in my house. It doesn't bother me, but my sister and OH hate the smell.

I've only ever bought the extra virgin (because that's all I've ever seen in Lidl/Tesco/Superquinn) - where do you get your refined coconut oil?

Got a 200ml bottle in the English Market in Cork for €1.29 a while back. I'm assuming most/all local Chinese/Indian food shops have refined coconut oil! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mshellster

juke wrote: »

I got mine in an Asian shop in Galway (the KTC brand) and I've seen it in some health food stores but found it to be much cheaper in Asian stores. I think it's sold on amazon too.

Advertisement