Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitions (NO ASKING FOR VOTES)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭orl

WIN A FAMILY PASS TO TNA!
    Bring the whole family to TNA at the National Stadium!!

TNA (Total NonStop Action) - The most action packed tour ever!!!!

Win a family pass by answering this simple question...

Qu. What does TNA stand for?
    To enter, send your answers to competitions@mcd.ie with TNA in the subject heading! And join MCD's Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭orl

I keep a spreadsheet of prizes won throughout the year. This year I won approximately €2000 worth of prizes. I would be curious how other compers fared.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

orl wrote: »
    I keep a spreadsheet of prizes won throughout the year. This year I won approximately €2000 worth of prizes. I would be curious how other compers fared.

WOW €2000 someones very lucky!
    I won about €700 worth of stuff. Didnt keep a record though will in the future!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

just checked my spread sheet there, had to double check it to make sure the figure was correct and sadly it was a grand total of 0 prizes hopefully 2011 will be better

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

Not sure what the value is, but I've won a holiday worth approx. €2.5k, and a lot of other stuff. I've been VERY lucky this year, so I reckon around the 4k mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marioda

Vodkat wrote: »
    WOW €2000 someones very lucky!
    I won about €700 worth of stuff. Didnt keep a record though will in the future!
    I won about E900 worth of stuff too , including a few tickets to events here. Lets hope 2011 will be a good year for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

I have been keeping record since I started doing competitions back in June, myself and my other half totted up a totaly about 2 weeks ago and it came in at a tenner under 5000 euro.
    Since then Ive won a night away and a hamper from a spa, also didnt included cinema preview tickets in the total.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭doradoll

Looks like we have been doing well. I only started back in the summer and my biggest win was an iphone4.:D Totting up all the other bits and bobs i reckon its near on €1000. Quite a few books, dvds and make up seems to be what i got!

Well best of luck everyone for 2011! Lets hope its very fruitful for us all!

• Advertisement

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/win-a-signed-all-stars-jersey-2010-12/

BECAUSE YOU’VE BEEN good all year, we have two GAA Vodafone All Stars jerseys to give away which were signed by the players while on tour in Malaysia last month.
    All you have to do is email adrianrussell[at]thejournal.ie with the answer to the following question:
    What was the score in this year’s All-Ireland SFC final between Down and Cork?

Don't see a closing date!!!
    JUST HAD AN EMAIL SAYING WINNER WILL BE PICKED THIS EVENING -

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

This is a bit shocking even for me but since the end of November 2009 I have won just over €11,500 worth of stuff!!!!!!!

I have been rather lucky to say the least! :rolleyes:

The big things I have won are a hol worth 2k, an xbox 360 with kinect and a game a week for a year (worth about 3k), 2 laptops, 5 phones, tickets to oxegen, electric picnic and many more. Also won a subtotal of about a grand in cash which was nice and a lot of smaller things that all add up.

If 2011 is even half as good as 2010 I'll be laughing!

Good luck to everyone, its well worth entering everything you see.

The more you enter the better your odds!

And thanks to all the people posting on this thread it is fantastic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭cookies221

mvron wrote: »

Thanks for posting these but if you read the terms and conditions it says they are open to UK residents only.

A question to those who win prizes regularly: Is it worth spamming a competition with entries every 2 minutes to increase my chances of winning? Or does only one entry count?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

lostdesign wrote: »
    This is a bit shocking even for me but since the end of November 2009 I have won just over €11,500 worth of stuff!!!!!!!

I have been rather lucky to say the least! :rolleyes:

The big things I have won are a hol worth 2k, an xbox 360 with kinect and a game a week for a year (worth about 3k), 2 laptops, 5 phones, tickets to oxegen, electric picnic and many more. Also won a subtotal of about a grand in cash which was nice and a lot of smaller things that all add up.

If 2011 is even half as good as 2010 I'll be laughing!

Good luck to everyone, its well worth entering everything you see.

The more you enter the better your odds!

And thanks to all the people posting on this thread it is fantastic. :D

Whats your secret ????? My total is zero !

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seany76

havent a clue how much i won but did quite nicely but me thinks as of jan 1st am keeping account because am already forgetting half of what i won lol

now do i add the prizes that i won in december but wont get till jan lol

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

I'm guestimating that my wins this year are around €4,000!!! A weeks holiday for 4 in Lanzarote, 4 weekends away, including one for 4 people in dublin wined/dined and limo-ed, a weekend in Ashford castle with use of a Volvo XC60 for that weekend! Also won a Wii, mobile phone, books, cds, dvd, and about 10 sets of tickets to various cinema premieres!
    Its well worth entering competitions, just remember you get highs and lows, months without anything then suddenly its all prizes!
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

mell61 wrote: »
    I'm guestimating that my wins this year are around €4,000!!! A weeks holiday for 4 in Lanzarote, 4 weekends away, including one for 4 people in dublin wined/dined and limo-ed, a weekend in Ashford castle with use of a Volvo XC60 for that weekend! Also won a Wii, mobile phone, books, cds, dvd, and about 10 sets of tickets to various cinema premieres!
    Its well worth entering competitions, just remember you get highs and lows, months without anything then suddenly its all prizes!
    :p
    that's amazing! well done and good luck for 2011:)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wow, I thought I was doing well with my barbeque win in Sept. (yes, I know, Sept., looking forward to June when I'll finally get a chance to use it....it is a pretty cool BBQ though so hopefully it will be worth the wait), but that seriously pales in comparison to the above. Some of you are REALLY lucky! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bettymay

Wow, can't believe some of the wins,
    I won a professional photo shoot in my home
    Love entering competitions, haven't won much but hope 2011 is good.
    ps this is my first post even though I joined in 2009 never started to look till the bad weather hit so thanks to all for posting comps and lets hope 2011 brings plenty of surprises

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

http://www.loquax.co.uk/ireland/

I've posted this link before, but its worth checking this site - these comps are supposed to be open to ROI, but I have occasionally seen 1 or 2 that aren't. But at the moment they have 190 comps listed, so always worth a visit.

• Advertisement

http://www.strepsils.com/win/index.php

Win a holiday for 2 in a comforting warm log cabin with Strepsils.

"
    1. The prize draw is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents; aged 18 years and older except employees of Reckitt Benckiser Healthcare (UK) Limited (the "Promoter") and their affiliated companies, their families or agencies or anyone connected with the promotion.
    2. No purchase is necessary to enter and there is only one entry per person.
    3. There is one prize of a holiday for 2 adults (being economy class flights and accommodation costs only) staying in a log cabin (or similar) in an Alpine or Scandinavian location (the "Prize").

• Registered Users Posts: 18 belleville

Some more competitions here: http://competitions.independent.ie/

EDIT: FYI just noticed that they charge a fee to enter the 3rd competition which will be charged to your mobile (very sneaky!). Cannot see any charges in the T&C's of the other 2 comps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I have only got into competitions as late but some of the prizes you win have been most impressive, I go through stages of applying for loads and then take a break.. maybe I don't win the big ones because I don't enter by post or enter those you have to pay for (by phone!)

The one I am most proud of is my set tour to Fair City, nothing can outclass that for me!

Well done to you all.. I am most impressed! :)

cookies221 wrote: »

A question to those who win prizes regularly: Is it worth spamming a competition with entries every 2 minutes to increase my chances of winning? Or does only one entry count?

You need to check the terms and conditions of each comp, if they allow multiple entries sure why not but some say they will disqualify you if you enter more then once.

In saying that you could enter 9000 times and someone could enter once and they could win, of course it increases your odds but nothing is guaranteed!

banchang wrote: »
    Whats your secret ????? My total is zero !

I dont have a secret, I'm just persitent and enter everything I see!

Generally I focus on Irish competitions only, the odds on the UK ones are massive because of the population they have so I steer away from those ones.

I also rarely enter voting competitions because I dont like annoying my friends for votes and there will always be someone who will pimp themselves out to ever tom, dick and harry so i'm not bothered with that.

I have won a lot of stuff on facebook, its well worth checking out companies, brands and hotel pages, they are always running comps and the odds of winning are usually quite good.

Besides that it is just luck and the sheer volume of comps I enter, dont get disheartened if your not winning, you will win eventually. As another poster said you might not win anything for months and then win a load of stuff in a matter of days/weeks.

I also never pay to enter a competition except the lotto because we all dream of winning that one!

So no secret to winning, sorry! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Generally I focus on Irish competitions only, the odds on the UK ones are massive because of the population they have so I steer away from those ones.

I also rarely enter voting competitions because I dont like annoying my friends for votes and there will always be someone who will pimp themselves out to ever tom, dick and harry so i'm not bothered with that.

I have won a lot of stuff on facebook, its well worth checking out companies, brands and hotel pages, they are always running comps and the odds of winning are usually quite good.

Besides that it is just luck and the sheer volume of comps I enter, dont get disheartened if your not winning, you will win eventually. As another poster said you might not win anything for months and then win a load of stuff in a matter of days/weeks.

I also never pay to enter a competition except the lotto because we all dream of winning that one!

Pretty much my policy as well. I've won some high value prizes in the past year. Never even thought of putting a figure on them but I know that I've done very very well. Friends keep on asking if I've a secret but honestly I don't.

If I were to add in the prize I won for my community group the figure would be higher for the past year than any mentioned so far on this thread. I'm not really including it in my wins this year as it's not "mine" so to speak.

The one thing you need to do it take the time to check out every single new competition everyday. You have to spend at least 30 mins per day to dedicate yourself to entering competitions, coming up with slogans, researching answers etc.

I do think I caught the bug from my mother as when times were lean for her when she was a similar age to me I remember her spending hours cutting coupons and slogans. Similarly she did very well when she put the effort in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

Hi all!!

New enough to this thread.

Just entered a load of the comps mentioned.

Thanks a lot and will keep you all updated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 chriscochrane

MummyPages.ie are running a comp for a family weekend away in one of two Irish hotels. See facebook.com/Mummypages for details. You must be living in Ireland to enter. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭BornThisWay

Wow, you've done really well! I have been entering since the summer and havent won anything yet and I do enter loads! My time will come though, I am very hopeful! You mention brand names on Facebook, any in particular that have good comps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭BornThisWay

Is freeprizedraws.ie a legit site? Do I have to pay for anything for using or registering?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement