Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost In GraveYard. UCD Archaeology Offical Photo

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I know that grave yard well,and I'd strongly advise to stay away from it at night. As was said it is a junkie and drinker haven,tbh honest I'd worry more about the drinkers. It is a bit of a spooky place. I was maintained for a while in the early 80's by the locals and was turned out nice but let go to ruin again. I believe,and I'm not sure if it's true,that famine victims where buried there. I think the most recent burial was in the 50's or 60's.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Stoner wrote: »
    TBH my first impression is that its a good old track suit head,
    The glow is interesting though, maybe some one from the Photo Forum could offer some explaination :confused:
    yeah,be my thought as well. (northern lights)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Ruanej90

Whatever it is it has a very bright glow off it! Are there hoodies availible made from such material that are so reflective when photographed?

I don't think there is any Jackets like that. it's a good picture Grimes but too good to be true don't 'ya think???????

I wonder can you over-expose certain parts of a photo? hate to be a skeptic..just a thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I know this area like the back of my hand as I'm from Palmerstown and spent many evenings down in Mill Lane walking my dogs and I still go down there for walks on a monthly basis. This is very obviously someone wearing a white hoodie top with their back to the camera. Where that headstone is, (the one that is between the person in the hoodie and the picture taker), the entrance to the graveyard is just to the left of the headstone so it's easy to see how anyone of the many skangers who hang around down there could wander into your camera angle for a second before walking behind the other side of the church ruin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Grimes wrote: »
    The site is located on the banks of the liffey in Palmerstown and is a haunt for drug addicts and drinkers. So an overnight investigation might result in a slight case of death

but feel to head out yourself :p

Three people have died in tragic circumstances in the same field that the graveyard is in in the last 5 years. One young man died tragically down by the Silver Bridge after committing suicide, another man was murdered across the other side of the field a few years ago and there is a shrine over there for him and another lad was murdered in the graveyard itself within the last 12 months.

I know but Santa is real!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

Hi

I sometimes read pics to get a link........

Due to good quality camera, ectoplasm is shiner than normal. Bottom left is an orb.. Top right is an elderly man with his back to camera.. in those old fashioned pjamas (hooded nightdress thingymejigs)... he has piercing eyes, is pale, has longish grey hair with tache and beard.. he is looking for his wife. Therefore believe he is an earth bound spirit. am getting the name "william" ???? I feel so saddened, like wana cry wen looking at pic, he is obviously very lost.... his face is pale, eyes tired/glassy, layers of skin under eyes, he is worn out... he suffered from some of head injury..... (front - tumble etc.)

I believe she (the wife) has crossed. He crossed suddenly so therefore has not come to terms with his death yet. He thinks she is an earthbound spirit but in fact she is discarnate. (passed over) he keeps looking for her.. (wrong place mate - go to the light...)

only my 2 cents.. I believe someone on site that day, has already picked up on some of that energy????

OMG!!!!!

Reviewing the photo more, it looks like a chinese lantern has landed just behind the grave stone :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its a ghost havin a ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭jick the rapper

Sandy2004 wrote: »
    Hi

I sometimes read pics to get a link........

Due to good quality camera, ectoplasm is shiner than normal. Bottom left is an orb.. Top right is an elderly man with his back to camera.. in those old fashioned pjamas (hooded nightdress thingymejigs)... he has piercing eyes, is pale, has longish grey hair with tache and beard.. he is looking for his wife. Therefore believe he is an earth bound spirit. am getting the name "william" ???? I feel so saddened, like wana cry wen looking at pic, he is obviously very lost.... his face is pale, eyes tired/glassy, layers of skin under eyes, he is worn out... he suffered from some of head injury..... (front - tumble etc.)

I believe she (the wife) has crossed. He crossed suddenly so therefore has not come to terms with his death yet. He thinks she is an earthbound spirit but in fact she is discarnate. (passed over) he keeps looking for her.. (wrong place mate - go to the light...)

only my 2 cents.. I believe someone on site that day, has already picked up on some of that energy????

ROFLMAO :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainey.

hey, isnt that the place where the man from cabra was murdered? palmerstown, by the old ruins of the church.. i live near there and am realy freeked out now..thanks haha

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

ROFLMAO :pac:
    `
    fryup wrote:
    its a ghost havin a ****

These kinds of posts are NOT acceptable in this forum. Because Im new, Im being nice and warning in thread. Guys, do not do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

ultain wrote: »
    I wonder can you over-expose certain parts of a photo? hate to be a skeptic..just a thought

Nothing wrong with being skeptical.

Due to good quality camera, ectoplasm is shiner than normal. Bottom left is an orb.. Top right is an elderly man with his back to camera.. in those old fashioned pjamas... he has piercing eyes, is pale, has longish grey hair with tache and beard.. he is looking for his wife. Therefore believe he is an earth bound spirit. am getting the name "william" ???? I feel so saddened, like wana cry wen looking at pic, he is obviously very lost.... his face is pale, eyes tired/glassy, layers of skin under eyes, he is worn out... he suffered from some of head injury..... (front - tumble etc.)

Hmmm...

So he has his back turned to the camera, but you can still tell that he has piercing eyes?

A few sentences later you say that his eyes are tired/glassy... I think you're the one who's lost!

And his name is William. Anybody get the name on the gravestone?
    Also note, in picture A, the reflective shine off the 'object' has cast light down onto the top face of the gravestone

Look to the bottom right of the photo and you'll see reflective shining off the leaves too. And a few bricks behind them. It was daytime, and every surface was wet. Every surface has a reflective shine off it when wet during the day, depending on your viewing angle. It's not evidence of a ghost. Not to me anyway.

Interesting photo though. Anyone get the name on the gravestone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

By the way, I think it's a skanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Overblood wrote: »

And his name is William. Anybody get the name on the gravestone?

Interesting photo though. Anyone get the name on the gravestone?

Did anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The PIGS did an investigation after the photo was taken. That was a long long time ago now. Im sure its around somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Has the hi res pic been posted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Has the hi res pic been posted yet?

Thats the only picture going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

It looks similar to a person wearing a baseball cap with a hoody over it.

Advertisement