Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Paranormal Convention 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Yo 6th I know we haven't all ways seen eye to eye but I hope this goes well for you. Might even drop in if sceptics are welcome???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ah we all know that skeptics are a nessecery evil in this community ;) Sure you might enjoy it as Richard Jones is a great magician and we've been talking to Dan O'Donoghue (The Amazing O'Donoghue) who actually started the Dublin Ghost Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

There many magicians who believe in the paranormal. Most I've heard of play for our team!!! (Randi, Criss Angel, Derren Brown, Banachek, Penn and Teller)

??? wrote: »
    There many magicians who believe in the paranormal. Most I've heard of play for our team!!! (Randi, Criss Angel, Derren Brown, Banachek, Penn and Teller)

Yeah those guys are great at pointing out the fakes.
    Actually i would pay the amazing Randi 1000000 if he ever amazed me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Clontarf castle is really good for conventions and it is easy to get to from the city centre.
    I am usually out at a 3 day one held there each year in Oct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mentioned a certain promotions company that cannot be named as well. Careful now.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

There was a photo of the 4 of them in Todays Metro.
    mike65 wrote: »
    Mentioned a certain promotions company that cannot be named as well. Careful now.

Mike.

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    There was a photo of the 4 of them in Todays Metro.

There wer 5 of us in that picture ... all Boardsies ;)

Obviously elements of what we are doing cant be talked about.

Since we announced the convention we've been getting alot more interest.

Actually I did Spin 103 at 2.45 aswell were we plugged this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭foxhoundone

6th wrote: »
    Actually I did Spin 103 at 2.45 aswell were we plugged this forum.

hmm guys, i just cannot follow this {highbrow} thread atall
    could we keep it simpler for ejitts like me,:cool: lol

• Advertisement

Ok 5 of the guys on this forum are all members of PIGs (Paranormal Investigation Guys) and have been on the radio twice today and in the Metro because of an upcoming investigation and the fact we are doing a big convention in october.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭phaze

I caught the end of the Newstalk interview but I didn't catch the website. Could you post a link to your PIGs site?

Thanks,
    Jacinta

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'm still hurting that ytou guys geta convention sticky and neither PIGS nor Paracon links us *sniff*

GuanYin wrote: »
    I'm still hurting that ytou guys geta convention sticky and neither PIGS nor Paracon links us *sniff*

Well you are in for a big surprise in the next 48 hours so ;)

When did this become a sticky ? >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Awhile ago ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I missed out on ye on the radio and the Metro. :(

I have my ticket for the event though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Do ghosts get in free ? if they do isn't that a case of discrimination, serious question, whats the policy ?

We've actually hired in gghosts for the day so they are actually paid to be there.

Also .... whats that ad at the t op of the page? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

great cant wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Ordered my ticket today! :)

Just wondering if there will be any talks about the UFO scene in Ireland or will it just be the stall?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

MooseJam wrote: »
    Do ghosts get in free ? if they do isn't that a case of discrimination, serious question, whats the policy ?

Only if they is black. But being transparent, i dont know how they would prove it.

Ziycon wrote: »
    Ordered my ticket today! :)

Just wondering if there will be any talks about the UFO scene in Ireland or will it just be the stall?

We had plans for the stall and possible speakers on UFO but we've had a slight problem with that now - that said I'm still working on it.

We are meeting with a guy this week who is looking to have a stand about Project Stargate (remote viewing) and I find that pretty exciting (does that make me a sado?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

6th wrote: »
    We had plans for the stall and possible speakers on UFO but we've had a slight problem with that now - that said I'm still working on it.

We are meeting with a guy this week who is looking to have a stand about Project Stargate (remote viewing) and I find that pretty exciting (does that make me a sado?).
    Ah right, look forward to it either way, would be nice to see some aspect of UFO.
    Fairplay on all the work you all are putting into this!

Ziycon wrote: »
    Ah right, look forward to it either way, would be nice to see some aspect of UFO.
    Fairplay on all the work you all are putting into this!

Well if you know anyone then put them in touch with me. I had been talking to Carl Nally but he seems hesitant.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Yes suitable UFO people are hard to identify, decent representation from paranormal investigators and Psychics though, but it would be great to get an Irish expert on UFOs or an expert on Irish UFOs (who would take a stand and pay for it :))

Ok line up booked and confirmed .... I'm giddy!
    The full line up of speakers
    has now been announced!

• Richard Jones

• Catherine Murphy

• Daev Walsh & Damien DeBarra

• Steve Parsons

• Bonnie Vance.

Please see below for more detail on each speaker.

Richard Jones:
    Richard Jones is the author of many best selling books including Haunted Britain and Ireland, Myths and Legends of Britain and Ireland, Haunted Inns of Britain and Ireland and Haunted London. He has also written guides to Dublin, the Ring of Kerry, the Dingle Peninsula, Oxford, Cambridge, York, Edinburgh, Chester, Bath and Stratford. He has conducted on the spot research at over 2,000 haunted places and is well versed in paranormal history.
    Richards Website: http://www.haunted-britain.com/

Catherine Murphy:
    From an early age Catherine Murphy sensed something outside herself trying to communicate with her, something that she could not see, understand, or worse still, control. She didn't know what it was but knew it was an integral part of who she was. She's a straight talking mother of two who is quite realistic about her experiences. Catherine was the focus of an episode of RTE's Would You Believe and featured in the book Restless Spirit: The Story of Rose Quinn.
    The book is available at: http://www.easons.ie/

Dave Walsh & Damien DeBarra:
    Daev Walsh and Damien DeBarra are two of the reprobates behind Blather.net. Online since 1997, Walsh and Debarra (along with Barry Kavanagh and Sue Walsh) have a slightly different take on the world of the paranormal and supernatural, preferring not to subscribe to any one school of thought but rather to believe nothing, curse everything and apologise for NOTHING.

Purveryors of 'Gonzo Metaphysics' and 'High Weirdness' blather.net is based upon the lofty manifesto set out by it's original founder Flann O'Brien in being 'a publication of the Gutter' which would achieve 'entirely new levels in everything which is contemptible, despicable and unspeakable in contemporary journalism'. Blather has 'no principles, no honour, no shame'; its objects are 'the fostering of graft and corruption in public life, the furtherance of cant and hypocrisy, the encouragement of humbug and hysteria, the glorification of greed and gombeenism'". The book 'A Load of Blather' (good toilet reading) was published in June of 2008.
    The book is available at: http://www.blather.net/book.html

Steve Parsons:
    Parapsychologist and co-founder of ParaScience, Steve has worked on programmes such as Most Haunted and has been featured on the Discovery Channel both as an Investigator and for his work on Infrasound. Steven is a scientific and skeptical investigator who has no fears talking about his experiences behind the scenes of some of TVs most well know paranormal shows.
    Visit: http://www.parascience.org.uk/

Bonnie Vance:
    As owner of what is considered to be a second home to a large amount of ireland's paranormal enthusiasts, Bonnie has played a key role in the shape of the community - whether she knows it or not. Charleville Castle has been possibly the most open and welcoming of Ireland's great haunted locations. Having been feathered on programmes like Ghost Hunters International and Most Haunted its easy to forget that this is a family home - that is until you experience it first hand and are welcomed with open arms by Bonnie and the great team that keep the place what it is.
    Visit: http://www.charlevillecastle.com

^ well done PIGS! Looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

Remote viewing.. I think this is very interesting Haven't the US military been looking into this for years????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement