Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet for a tiny flat?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

I think Degus and Chinchillas are gorgeous but don't know much about them care-wise! Degus are only about the size of your hand but I don't know if they grow larger than that. It's a shame you don't like cats, they are supposed to be perfect apartment pets lol. Rats do sound like nice pets to have, supposed to be very intelligent! I don't know why people are scared of rats or mice, wild ones or pets, when they are so small anyway lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

Rats really are great pets, i had my honey Flick, a small (runty!) female albino for about three years but she died just before christmas :( she was really clever, i've had alot of species of small pet and she definately ranked as my all time fave! You could just watch her for ages, and she was really easy to train. She acted so human sometimes, you'd put her back in the cage and she'd perch on the edge of her bath, dip in her paws and then scrub her face, i always imagined she had an OCD and was thinkin (gotta get the human off, gotta get the human off) as she washed herself!
    TBH, i'd advise against spiders/snakes/terrapins, i've kept them all and if you're lookin for a companion pet, they leave alot to be desired!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 paulkorky1

As a man ahem.. I find a cat is handy to have as a pet and clean, no walking and you can keep them indoors, and if you want to go away just put them in a good cattery in the country.. a holiday for them, and the girls will go mad for them (in my experience):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Serious suggestions please. If you want to joke go to After Hours or Humour. Last warning. I have deleted the last 4 posts in this thread so cop on folks.

Edit: The clowns are awake late tonight, another post deleted. Do not try my patience.

Ah i hate when i see post deleted , then i wonder what was said :rolleyes:

Again just reading this thread is it wise giving this person advice on what animal to get for a small flat when they dont really know what they want ? I wouldnt mind if they said i was thinking about getting some sort of reptile, or some sort of furry.
    Maybe if you dont know what you want, its not the right time ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

i dont know if this is any good i dont know the breed.Its one of those small monkeys.i think theres squirrel & capuchin monkeys?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Please tell me you are not being serious. Does anyone else feel this thread is starting to get thoroughly ridiculous and a little annoying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Please tell me you are not being serious. Does anyone else feel this thread is starting to get thoroughly ridiculous and a little annoying?
    these posts are only suggestions i dont find any problem with these posts????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

davey180 wrote: »

Seeing as the poster who suggested a caiman as being suitable also suggested a caiman as being a suitable pet for a toddler in another post and in yet another suggested markets as being good places to buy pets then I'd say yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

i dont know if this is any good i dont know the breed.Its one of those small monkeys.i think theres squirrel & capuchin monkeys?

Yes a perfect apartment pet if you fancy cleaning poo off the walls after they throw it. Methinks you've been watching too much Friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

You could get a Capuchin monk(ey) and call him Pio! :D

As far as serious suggestions go, a rat seems to be a good bet or better yet two rats.

You're obviously looking for a companion pet that will live a bit longer than two years so the stick insects in my sig are probably out the window :D:D I would also avoid spiders/snakes/scorpions/terrapins/fish if you want a lot of interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

You may think there is no harm in these suggestions, but you never know who might be reading this and what they might take from it, when you are talking about living creatures and there care it is not a joking topic.

Plus I imagine the OP would prefer serious suggestions and I hope that they are sensible enough to know that suggestions like that are thoroughly ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Demonique wrote: »
    Yes a perfect apartment pet if you fancy cleaning poo off the walls after they throw it. Methinks you've been watching too much Friends

People shouldn't have monkeys as pets anyway. They should be sitting in trees and not sitting on the back of a couch with flowery wall paper in the background.

Advertisement