Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ryanair launch Car Insurance?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Ryanair are €200 more expensive than my current policy with FBD I think my excess with FBD is €150 the minimum with Ryanair is €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭N8

Ryanair? Car Insurance?

Geez that should be good;

customer service non existant and strong use of smallest print to get out of every non profitable situation: no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

264 euro on a BMW 530 d
    about a third ofwhat I pay now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

mine was €386 for 1.6cc
    Went to full quote €852 for saxo 1.6 vtr, no claims protection, driving of other cars, Breakdown, windscreen

Get all this & more on current insurance for half the price :rolleyes:, ripoff site for me anyway.

I presume people saying they're saving €300 + are actually doing the full quote & comparing like for like?? if ye aren't do it, the x/s (my quote anyway) was defaulted to €500!! (currently €125 with existing company)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

hi folks just thought i'd bring this thread back from the dead a year on,my renewal date is fast approaching and im shopping around at the mo,ryanair is the cheapest quote i can find by a fairly longshot,but im wondering what their business practices are like,is it the same situation as with flights,the initial low price looks attractive but theres charges for practically everything else eg high admin costs/excess ,change of car costs, or the usual extras ryanair likes to add on,and has anybody ever had to claim through this crowd and what was the process like??any difficulties trying to get them to pay up???

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Interesting.

Mike.

40k+ posts and i can see exactly why ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

As has been said already this is just Ryanair rebadging FBD as Ryanair have a lot of customers & can generate publicity like this thread.

It would be interesting to know the difference in terms with FBD. I have been with FBD for the last few years as they have been very competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lol, 330 dearer.

They can keep it:rolleyes:

comparing a quote on a 320d worth 15k.. bestquote gave me 1750, ryanair gave 1435.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

comparing a quote on a 320d worth 15k.. bestquote gave me 1750, ryanair gave 1435.

Tried bestquote there, site seems to be down?

• Advertisement

i quoted it a few weeks ago of bestquote.. same info tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Just tried getting a quote for a VW - and couldn't pick anything that WASN'T a diesel :rolleyes:

Theres 5 mins of my life that I'll never see again :pac:

Alt+F4 makes the petrol cars show..

Advertisement