Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ryanair launch Car Insurance?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Can you imagine settling a claim.
    Mr /mrs Ryan air "but your car was at an address 150kms from where you said it was kept"
    Claim'nt "But I thought YOU would understand"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cheeky Fellow

Like I said earlier...just tried it...1.9 Vectra 200 squids cheaper for fully comp compared with quinn...just for the craic I typed in different places round the country same details.....big difference...in price...cities seem cheaper then the country???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Quoting me 1300 fully comp on a BMW 320d, full license, 3 years no claims

Currently paying 1250 for same with Quinn, except they only have me down as having 2 years NCB... not really anything to get excited over tbh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Meh, coming in at about 100 quid above what I'm currently paying to Hibernian for fully comp on my current car. Of course they won't quote me on my new baby due to the 2.6 litre limit...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I checked the location thing and it's €100 cheaper to insure it in Cork City (where I currently live) as opposed to Home - Meath.

Are Meath drivers that bit more risky??... :eek:

Mik

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Did a quote as Mrs. Parsi - came in at 440 - nearly 50% more than her current renewal quote.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

got quoted 1100 third party from monsieur O'Leary

currently paying 39x (cant exactly remember) with my current guys fully comp.

on a 10 yr old megane, what a joke

i'm 31 , full licence BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I got a quote of 350 - 250 less than my renewal quote with Axa. now what to do ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

doesnt seem to like jap imports bearing any vtec or type r badges i cant get a quote from it

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I checked the location thing and it's €100 cheaper to insure it in Cork City (where I currently live) as opposed to Home - Meath.

Are Meath drivers that bit more risky??... :eek:

Mik

Nope, probably not, but we are nearer to Dublin (so called high risk of theft) and right beside Louth, (where they're the highest risk of crashing!)

I reckon that's it... It's racist if ya ask me! lol :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Initially quoted me at 500 quids for my 2.5 bimmer, then full quote, they can't quote me for my 2004 325i. Ridiculous.
    The mesage is just "we can't quote you".
    Read : GFY lol

Not even a "Sorry we can't because blabla, but as an alternative we could suggest....

Crap customer service I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They're not quoting anyone on provisionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

deRanged wrote: »
    I got a quote of 350 - 250 less than my renewal quote with Axa. now what to do ...

ring axa they ll match it (did for me )

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I am currently paying about €600. Mick O'Leary wants €383.81 (fully comp).
    I'd still be wary and would like to examine all T&Cs before signing my life away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 take_yer_points

It looks like this won't be Ryanair paying out on any claims. In the article linked to this page it says the policy is underwritten by FBD - so they are the ones who would pay out on the claim. Ryanair is just a partner in this.

They're obviously going for the younger drivers and won't quote any cars that could be "high risk" or could result in a big claim. Looks like a competitive alternative to Quinn for me and that can't be a bad thing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

They wouldnt quote me - 24, full licence, 0 points, 1.6 Focus.

A waste of one minute of my life going to their website. Wont be happening again...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,041 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

mvpr wrote: »
    They wouldnt quote me - 24, full licence, 0 points, 1.6 Focus.

A waste of one minute of my life going to their website. Wont be happening again...

same as myself, but on a 1.5litre Mazda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 take_yer_points

I got quoted anything from €290 for third party only with €2000 access on a 1.6 Focus - 27 years old with no points.

For fully comp with some of the extras and €1000 access it comes in at €469. I'm impressed with that! Will be thinking about it come renewal time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Well, I just got quote,

€273.82 !

Comprehensive,
    no car hire & breakdown but everything else,

I pay at the moment to Axa 1190e so Ryanair is 916 euros / year cheaper !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Thanks Mr. O'Leary - you just got me a nice bonus on my renewal. Axa rang me this morning to check that I was ok with my renewal - I mentioned that I was checking out other companies such as Ryanair and they offered me free breakdown cover (fifty euro worth). I hadn't even said what Ryanair had quoted me!

Actually, they were making a major point on the cover provided - to read the policy very carefully and check that the level of cover is the same.

• Advertisement

Ok,

if I would go ahead and change my policy, do I have to inform Axa or does the Ryanair do the job for me?

No point to be double insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Worked out as almost double what i'm paying Quinn at the moment, grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

For a policy equivalent to my existing €600 FBD one...

€895.06!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

itarumaa wrote: »
    Ok,

if I would go ahead and change my policy, do I have to inform Axa or does the Ryanair do the job for me?

No point to be double insured.
    You would have to inform your insurer. I would also read the T&Cs for Ryanair and compare the benefits against your cirrent insurer - it is Ryanair after all!

kbannon wrote: »
    You would have to inform your insurer. I would also read the T&Cs for Ryanair and compare the benefits against your cirrent insurer - it is Ryanair after all!

Yes, I agree, Ryanair does not sound very tempting:)

I have to see what to do, maybe next AXA offer is better than this one, I have to get new insurance in April anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

So, a Ryanair no-frills policy ends up being more expensive for a lot of people than their existing one - who woulda thunk it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Works out about €300 cheaper for me. Not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

ShaneU wrote: »
    They're not quoting anyone on provisionals.

Yes they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

LOL,

They are over €100 p/a more expensive than my current policy with R&SA... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Nelly23

23, 4 yrs no claims, bonus on a 1.0 Micra. Working out around €170 cheaper than Quinn! I will be goin for that when my current policy expires! Cant change now coz the girlfriend is on the insurance and not really bothered with the hassle!! I'd only go for ryanair because the only reason I have insurance is because I'm legally required to and just incase I cause an accident and someone needs to claim of my insurance! When I start to buy a car worth insuring I'l go for a more reputable company!!

Just priced it with extras that I'd get with Quinn and its €130 more expensive then Quinn!! typical!!!

Advertisement