Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Cat

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭damo03

Seen something similiar myself one day it was about 300yds away during the day had to watch for a good minute to estimate the size. I'd say about the size of a 6 month cub fox. I did have to watch it for a while though because at first i thought it was bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Except for the fur color those Scottish lads look a bit like the wild cats you find around the Ardennes and the Elzas. If there's an indigenous species around there it wouldn't be all that surprising to find a similar animal in Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭damo03

Just read on the internet which we know is always right that the Kellas cats are most likely a cross between domestic and wild cats. Bit like the cross between wild boar + domestic pig = Massive pig ie.hogzilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sirlampsalot

any cat that is capable of killin a calf an half eatin it is a lot bigger than a fox.

No point speculating anyway, until someone is successfull we can keep guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Mellor wrote: »
    Make sure you get a reduced price, the 450d is out now, so most places are dropping the 400d price, but not all. This some chancers about

Getting it from the States, literally half price incl 2GB memory card. But cheers for the tip...

wrote:
    This might be the last thing you'll see!!!!!

Yikes!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Todays Irish Independent - pictures also!
    Gardai on prowl for mystery 'cat' beast

A LARGE cat-like animal has been spotted roaming wild close to where sheep have been mauled.
    Gardai are awaiting the results of laboratory tests on droppings found close to the dead livestock to determine the identity of the mystery killer.
    Yesterday, they released a photograph of the creature, which was taken by a woman in the Ballylawn area of Manorcunningham, Co Donegal.
    "It is taken from a distance, so it is impossible to be certain, but the woman who took the picture saw this animal up close in her garden and she knows it wasn't a dog," said Supt Vincent O'Brien.
    He confirmed that gardai had met with the local ISPCA inspector and the county's wildlife officer as concerns began to grow about the animal.
    "We have got dropping samples and they've been sent away for analysis, so we're not exactly sure what kind of animal we're dealing with. However, the sightings report that it was a large, black, cat-type animal such as a cougar, that moved extremely fast across the fields, and was noticed crawling on its belly," he said.
    Description
    He added that the latest mystery animal did not fit the description of another sighting in the same area a year ago.
    "The one last year was brown and white. It was sighted a number of times and then it fizzled out.
    "This one is described as black. We are asking people to be vigilant and anyone who sees it to report it to their local garda station ."
    He confirmed the matter was now being treated "extremely seriously" by gardai and a full-scale search was under way to find the animal.
    "We're not making any further comment at this stage and we don't want to alarm people in any way and create a panic," he said.
    "We'd particularly appeal to any owner of exotic animals that may have escaped recently to contact us immediately as part of our inquiries."
    The cougar or wild cat may have been dumped in Donegal by a circus crew or escaped from a zoo.
    Last year, a major hunt got under way in the North for a black panther along the north Antrim coastline. But it was called off when it was decided the animal had disappeared into the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Well thats no Moggy:D

3 lads, a lamp, a shotgun with 00 a good .22 centerfire and Bob's your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

....disappeared into the wild

:D
    That's the best quote ever, given Ireland is known for it's thousands of acre's of uninhabited bush ideal for a big cat.... pity you couldn't graze sheep on it :p

Yea that's it if I see one I'm definitely going to shoot it now, just have to go get myself a wolfhound that's been bred for hunting in at least the past three generations.

Hmmmmm might be a good reason to own a repeater with more than 3 shots, wonder would the super buy it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

All this big cat buisness Reminds me of a very old joke, which comes to mind

Two guys out shooting lions in Africa.
    They see a lion and just as the first guy is about to take the shot, the second guy says hang on a minute I want to change from my hiking boots into a pair of runners. The first guy looks at him in disbelieve and says you aint going to out run a lion if I miss. To which the second lad responds, all I have to do is run faster than you:D:D

So if you go looking for the "Big Cat" wear runners

Hmmm, some new reports from the same field:

noname174993cnb1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Spotted the big feral fella thats been about my place a while ago,
    could not get a good pic as not enough light for the camera and
    was a max zoom. He's much bigger than my biggest pet can who is morbidly
    obese.
    blackbear08.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭John Griffin

Thats just a domestic cat. Look at he height of the grass on its legs. Where would you get grass up to a leopards belly at this time of year, certainly not in Donegal. Also look at the gate to give you some scale. I don't doubt that there could be a black leopard out there but i don't think thats it. Why is it always bad quality photos from a long ways away. I remember the film footage that was shown on the news of the one in meath. It was so obviously a moggy walking across a field, it even had a white bib :L . The media have to get something to sell the story.:)

Be interesting to get a pic of that fella to scale bullets, try get hime to stand beside a measuring stick or something !!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

spideog7 wrote: »

noname174993cnb1.jpg

I wounder is that a grey elephant or a grey area, seems to be a lot of them about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

spideog7 wrote: »

noname174993cnb1.jpg

i would love to see this in the newspaper:D
    you,d want to stick a few flamingos standing on the gate as well ::rolleyes:

Damn, has anyone seen my crocodile..he was in the bath just 5 minits ago.

Advertisement