Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has everyone in the world been on tv?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i'm standing on a TV right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Quality wrote: »
    I was on an ad on tv, It ran for a few years!!

what ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I was in the background on Nationwide during the summer on grafton st!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I don't think I've ever been on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I was in the studio audience for the telethon in 96, I was in the studio audience for a tv show called Dr Keith Ablow Show and I was on Dutch tv before christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

I was in the background on 'Pop TV an Samhraidh' on TG4 when I was in the gaeltacht. So, I'm obviously a celebrity.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm pretty sure everyone in Africa has been on tv. They think they have it bad at least they get their 15 minutes of fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

i could of been on ballyk when Mr Farrell was there but i was looking for too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

connundrum wrote: »
    I'm still on tv, and always will be.

Tbh I haven't seen your ad on tv for a loong time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Was on tv a few times, sometimes just in a camera shot but have talked a few times too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Blackboard Jungle. Plus I got picked up swearing when some ****er beat me to the buzzer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

This first thing that came to mind when reading the OP was the old Peter Sellers film called "Being There." When someone asked if the character he played, Chancey Gardener, if he had ever been on TV, he said "Yes." What they didn't know was that he had passed by one of those displays where they have a cam connected to a TV that records everyone who passes by and displays their image on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I had my picture on the Den years and years ago, other than that nada!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cuffs'n'collars

well i was once on the afternoon show but does that actually count as television????My mother would argue yes but im not convinced!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I was on Questions and Answrrs in 1990 (I think) in the audience and they sat me in the front row where the camera panned up twice to my left shoe which had a huge hole in it.
    I've never been on tv since.

The bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

TG4 filmed our wedding day.

We took our vows in Irish, it was a special "Islands" programme i think. Showed about a week later. I told everyone they were paying for the whole wedding ;). Made for a bit of craic on the day. Reality is they never even sent us a copy of it the cheap skates.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

I was on The Works in 1994.

Won a computer for my school but never actually saw it.

Advertisement