Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best .IE name Registar?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

di11on wrote: »
    I have the email to prove it - after the event however - I received no warning. Breach of T&C according to them.

My use of "un-substantiated" was from you posting you wouldn't recommend them, then posting they had suspended your account but you didn't know why. It only later emerged that you'd received an email (after the suspension).

Even still, there could be any number of reasons why it was suspended. It would be helpful if they actually told you the Term or Condition that you breached. Obviously, if they've behaved as you say, for the reasons you allege, that would be extremely poor form. Noone here would disagree with that (I presume!).

Anyway it's back online and I hope you get it sorted!

EDIT: Leaving the original post intact, but I see now they did tell you the reason, and re-iterate what's already been said lots of times, that is poor form. I guess small hosting companies have that as a downside as well (they tend to take things more personally, in a good and bad way).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

cgarvey wrote: »
    My use of "un-substantiated" was from you posting you wouldn't recommend them, then posting they had suspended your account but you didn't know why. It only later emerged that you'd received an email (after the suspension).

Even still, there could be any number of reasons why it was suspended. It would be helpful if they actually told you the Term or Condition that you breached. Obviously, if they've behaved as you say, for the reasons you allege, that would be extremely poor form. Noone here would disagree with that (I presume!).

Anyway it's back online and I hope you get it sorted!

EDIT: To get back on topic .. tmcd, given the structure of the .ie domain, any reseller has little to do, so they're all good at it (and you can directly contact IEDR for most things anyway).

If you are getting hosting as part of the same package (not something you have to do, and not something I'd particularly recommend), then your decision should be heavily weighted by the quality of hosting (an ongoing measure of the quality of the comany, whereas once the .ie is setup the company do nothing more with that). When looking for hosting, there's all the usual quesitons which have been done to death in this forum already.

If you're not looking for hosting, and have your own name servers/DNS, then your choice will probably be very much focussed on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

cgarvey wrote: »

Read their TOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

Thanks for all the replies

It looks by your posts we have

http://www.register365.com
    http://www.hosting365.com
    http://www.digiweb.ie
    http://www.blacknight.ie

So far I think by your answers www.register365.com tops the bill

Just on Sposs reply www. is now only €21.95 ex VAT per annum ,and you get a web based control panel to manage name servers , renewals as well as 24/7 technical support. this is actually untrue .. You do not get a control panel to change the name servers on an .ie on .anything else yep but not .ie

Originally posted by steve-hosting36 aka register365.com
    That's pretty disgraceful behaviour to be honest. If we all cut off customer's who complained we'd never improve as service providers.

Shameful day for Irish hosting

Reply from: blacknight

Damn it. I find myself agreeing with you again

*sigh*

Seriously though, that's nuts

Well then Blacknigh you wont mind me saying that while your hosting service has been 100% in my view because I am a customer of yours .. I do think that your policy of Anyone registering a .ie through you that gets turned down by the IEDR you still charge the customer full whack even though they didnt actually buy anything. Nor do the IEDR charge you.. To me its like gambling. Why would I try register a .ie through you if I thought that there might be a chance that the IEDR might turn me down? I would loose my money to you for nothing..

You seemed to be the only company that does this.
    Maybe this is something you should have a look at in your terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Actually it is true :) , we have worked with the IEDR in integrating their API into our Custom control panel, and offer nameserver management through our control panel which connects directly into the IEDR API.

The only company in the country to offer this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I used Always Amber for my .ie registartion. I then used the free editdns.net after that. Worked out the cheapest at the time. I host from my old college netsoc account, home box, and I might start to use VPS Village in the future, as I've used a friends account and liked it.
    I don't work in webhosting/registrartion.
    Edit: 2^10 'th post!

What company are you sposs? If anything the editing of your own nameservers is a must and difinatly the first thing anyone should look for when registering a .ie

Im with Register365/Hosting365

tmcd wrote: »
    You seemed to be the only company that does this.
    Maybe this is something you should have a look at in your terms and conditions.

We're not. Have a read of everyone else's terms of service. The wording may vary from one company to another, but I don't think you'll find anyone who will give you a full refund if you fail to comply with the rules

I'd also point out that the IEDR rules are available online and when you place an order with us for an IE domain you are told clearly that you need to comply with them.

Well Sposs i actually rang register365 about 2 minutes before i posted my message to check and he said no that i could not have a control panel

Blacknight
    I have called Irishdomains, digiweb register365 and another two that i just cant remember at the moment.. yer one at irishdomains nearly6 wet herself saying dont be daft sir, digiweb said no we do not charge unless the domain goes fully through and register365 said the same..

Sorry but They dont charge... Nor do the IEDR charge unless a domain is registered

Plus to let you know the domain in question was a domain i tried to register last year that never went through ---- you were charging me again this year for it until i questioned the bill

• Advertisement

Sorry but They dont charge... Nor do the IEDR charge unless a domain is registered

We may revise the policies that we have in place based on user feedback.

Our main issue is that when we used to refund ALL requests we were getting a lot of dubious requests from people who had zero intention of ever providing ANY documentation or making any effort to do so.

I'll be having a chat with our management and sales team about this later today to see what we can do with it
    Plus to let you know the domain in question was a domain i tried to register last year that never went through ---- you were charging me again this year for it until i questioned the bill
    That was a clerical error and shouldn't have happened. I presume it was sorted out?

I can assure you DNS management is available, im the sales and marketing manager so trust me :)

Im not sure who you might have been talking to , but will let all staff know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Hi tmcd,

Perhaps the staff member you spoke to mis-understood - we offer a comprehensiuve control panel, from which, for all TLD's you can manage and maintain contacts and DNS servers online (as well as billing, support, etc, etc).

By the end of this month, we'll also be offering (completely free) DNS Zone file management, web and email forwarding, fully manageable through our control panel (and backed up with our 24/7 support (the only provider in Ireland offering 24/7))

Also, if for any reason your .ie does not proceed (even if you decide not to yourself) you get a full refund.

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Just to clarify, we don't charge at all until your .ie domain is approved - we don't take your money in the mean time.

And what happens if its approved and then the customer doesn't pay?

Sposs wrote: »
    And what happens if its approved and then the customer doesn't pay?

Doesn't generally happen, to be honest. We collect contact information pre-purchase and the people who qualify to buy a .ie domain are generally good honest companies/organisations/people with perfectly traceable contact information - the benefit of the .ie managed registry!

We don't engage in registrations of a dubious nature nor make fraudulent applications for .ie domain names - credit control hasn't been a problem for us.

Digiweb wrote: »
    Doesn't generally happen, to be honest. We collect contact information pre-purchase and the people who qualify to buy a .ie domain are generally good honest companies/organisations/people with perfectly traceable contact information - the benefit of the .ie managed registry!

Just because someone is traceable doesn't mean they are going to pay in a timely fashion
    We don't engage in registrations of a dubious nature nor make fraudulent applications for .ie domain names - credit control hasn't been a problem for us.
    You don't or your clients don't?

It seems like a strange statement to make in any case

My point is that if the IEDR are happy to grant someone a domain name (by dint of their documentary requirement), we're happy to give them credit on the order.

We have seen attempts to register .ie domains by people who have a dubious claim to a name, no claim at all and even use other people's documentation fraudulently. We've seen attempts by people to 'game' the system and warehouse .ie domains. We wouldn't be happy to process their order or give them credit.

I assume you guys are trying to give me commercial advice? Thanks :) I think the OP's original question has been answered, so I'm going to duck out at this point.

in reply to blacknight the girl i actually spoke to lied to me which i think was way out of order .. she (wont mention her name) told me that the IEDR charge you and that was the reason that you were charging me.. But after a 2 min call to the IEDR I knew she lied.. But ON A PLUS FOR BLACKNIGHT whilst you did not refund my money you have agreed to take it off my next bill witch is in march.. so things aint too bad..

Come ere to tell the truth i'll probably still you you.. but i'll wait to see if you change that policy first..

in the mean time next week i've to register two names for a friend that is trying to start up a new company based on his web names..
    there is not a hope in the owrld i will go through blacknight for this because if it doesnt go through the IEDR I'll loose 100 snots.. if i go through register365.ie and the names dont go through i loose nothing only my time...

in reply to blacknight the girl i actually spoke to lied to me which i think was way out of order .. she (wont mention her name) told me that the IEDR charge you and that was the reason that you were charging me.. But after a 2 min call to the IEDR I knew she lied.. But ON A PLUS FOR BLACKNIGHT whilst you did not refund my money you have agreed to take it off my next bill witch is in march.. so things aint too bad..

If the domain was "provisionally accepted" then we would have been charged. I don't know which domain you were dealing with us about, so I have no way of knowing what was said / inferred / suggested or otherwise.

If you feel you have had a bad experience with us please feel free to contact me directly. It's not as if I'm hard to contact :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Just to clarify, we don't charge at all until your .ie domain is approved - we don't take your money in the mean time.
    we offer a comprehensiuve control panel, from which, for all TLD's you can manage and maintain contacts and DNS servers online (as well as billing, support, etc, etc).

I can personally verify both of these having domains with both. Digiweb didn't even take my cc details until IEDR had approved my domain.
    And on Hosting365 I just checked my control panel and I can change my DNS servers but not my DNS entry - there's a difference.
    there is not a hope in the owrld i will go through blacknight for this because if it doesnt go through the IEDR I'll loose 100 snots.. if i go through register365.ie and the names dont go through i loose nothing only my time...

I was registering a new .ie 2 weeks ago and wouldn't have used blacknight not because of any bad experience with them but simply becase they charge €45 where Hosting365 charge €22. blacknight aren't the most expensive but they're far from the cheapest for registering .ie. The disparity in pricing between all the registrants for .ie domains is amazing.

Macros42 wrote: »
    And on Hosting365 I just checked my control panel and I can change my DNS servers but not my DNS entry - there's a difference.

We're just finishing off our shiney new DNS solution at the moment, so in a few weeks you'll have full DNS Zone management (create, edit and manage A, MX, CNAME, etc, records) directly in the CP, at no additional cost, as well as http and email forwards / redirects and automated parking / for sale domain pages.

As for the price differences, domains are a commodity, simply shop around for the best price, as the end product is identical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 snicers

When we registered a *.ie domain with hosting365 they send out a latter that we have to send in a fax. As it was for one of our customers this has taken a while. In the meantime hosting365 send us about 3-4 remember letters a day that we have to send in that fax. The support wasn’t able to stop this annoying thing.

When we registered hosting with them later on, it was not possible to get in the previous bought domain in the hosting package.

For every little **** we have to ring them. They always in the first contact tell us that it is fixed but than we have to ring in a second time and ask for a manager. We have several domains with hosting companies around the globe and hosting365 is the worst one ever.

They are time wasters. Summed up we have spent about 2 hours getting everything clear with them and they have not paid for that, so... is that business?

Hi Snicers,

We send one reminder a day when a domain is pending documentation (and I'll take your suggestion on being able to cancel it to our dev team).

On the adding the domain to your hosting account, as the support team would have explained, all .ie domains that state our DNS on registration get 'parked' - this is to ensure there are valid DNS zones in place for the domain right away as the IEDR check the DNS before allowing the registration through.

We provide excellent support by Live Chat and Email 24/7 as well as phone, please PM or email me with your domain or account details and I can investigate for you if you are not happy with any element of our service.

The reminder is annoying you're treating me like a child I know that I have to send that in. so **** of with that. I'm your customer if I'm telling that I don't want it you stop it. Point

"We provide excellent support by Live Chat and Email 24/7 as well as phone, please PM or email me with your domain or account details and I can investigate for you if you are not happy with any element of our service."

No you don't you are time wasters, and you are wasting my time at the moment as well. It is always, "yea, ring me, we sort it out" NO! It should work! and that's what it doesn't.

In fairness to boards and the moderators, and since this is your second post, I'll assume you are a troll unless you can validate yourself as a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

snicers wrote: »
    When we registered a *.ie domain with hosting365 they send out a latter that we have to send in a fax. As it was for one of our customers this has taken a while. In the meantime hosting365 send us about 3-4 remember letters a day that we have to send in that fax. The support wasn’t able to stop this annoying thing.

I actually only got 1 a day before and I found it quite useful ... it is after all only a mail and once you see it once you know what its about .. but its a nice reminder.
    When we registered hosting with them later on, it was not possible to get in the previous bought domain in the hosting package.
    I presume this is so they update their DNS telling it to link it to your account ? .. its normally been sorted for me pretty lively.
    For every little **** we have to ring them. They always in the first contact tell us that it is fixed but than we have to ring in a second time and ask for a manager. We have several domains with hosting companies around the globe and hosting365 is the worst one ever.

I normally just bang them a quick email and its pretty quick. Usually its not time critical as in I need it within the next 5 minutes .. and usually they get back to me pretty lively ..
    They are time wasters. Summed up we have spent about 2 hours getting everything clear with them and they have not paid for that, so... is that business?

Hmm... can't agree with that at all... but we're all entitled to our own opinions

Please Note: I'm not affiliated with hosting365 ... I use them / blacknight / digiweb and one or two other hosting companies throughout the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

In fairness to boards and the moderators, and since this is your second post, I'll assume you are a troll unless you can validate yourself as a customer.

I've actually just reported it based on the second post

"I normally just bang them a quick email and its pretty quick. Usually its not time critical as in I need it within the next 5 minutes .. and usually they get back to me pretty lively .."

hmm, no, sorry, but they answered very quick but always s**t. Only on the second request it was solved. And sometimes even not on that.

@ Steve: you are insulting me. As I suppose you are from hosting365 I hope that telling me a "troll" is not hosting365 official communication because I than will rang the leagal department. Hope you understand.

• Advertisement

Snicer - PM'ing me to tell me to **** off is not validation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement