Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deconstructing ... LuckyLloyd

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,223 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

ditpoker wrote: »
    phantom_lord, clearly does love his cash moneys game. he posts on cash games religiously, more or less has "lol donkaments" tattooed on his forehead and whenever i've seen him in a tournament has a bemused "why aren't i playing cash" look on his face... he likes cash games, he doesnt like tourneys.

lol. yeah, but i need to remind myself why i hate them everyone couple of months.

lol phantomlordaments :(

*sigh*

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Lloyd, I've not really played with you a great deal so I wont comment on your card-play. You are a good guy, I've never seen the bad-tempered play people refer to, if I did I would laugh my ass off and never ever stop ripping on you about it :p

My comments would be that you seem to tie your card playing to your personal value. That is, if someone puts one over on you you take it very personally. If you play bad you beat yourself up about it. If you are sucked out on you take it to heart and if you are beaten by someone who has played badly it really gets to you!

In Connie's mad cash game we played in for example, we were all laughing our asses off at Connies mad play with 3,7 and it was that sort of game. You looked like you'd been crushed and that Connie had personally insulted you!

Now, I've been guilty of the same thing previously and the next step for you in your game (if you'll allow me to give you such advice) is to become more clinical and distant from the game.

So, my advice is that, distance yourself from your game.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Captain Tom

stop folding QQ on J high flops you nit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Lloyd is a very good tourney player, that is all.

And you should have headbutted that guy who slow-rolled you in the SE monthly that time, would have done your table image a lot of good imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

hi LL

we've only played together once/twice, all i can say is that you're not affraid to stick your stack in when you think it's +EV, that's all it takes imo to be a good tourney player, fair play to you and gl in '08

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

bops wrote: »
    hi LL

we've only played together once/twice, all i can say is that you're not affraid to stick your stack in when you think it's +EV, that's all it takes imo to be a good tourney player, fair play to you and gl in '08

i guess thats it in a nutshell. Also, sometimes the best thing for ones game is to take some time away from it, give your brain a rest from over-thinking whats not a particularly difficult game.

next time you're playing against the usual smelly degenerates take a look around the table and ask if these players are beatable. if they are then what more is there to really know.

on a practical level, u are aware that you steam (as everyone does to a certain extent). With awareness comes the ability to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

Hi Lloyd,
    I think you can be unnecessarily hard on youeself mid tournament and get bogged down at the time about certain hands. Hands you feel you played bad seem to fester and i dont think its any good for your game at the time. Two instances come to mind. The first GJP festival in Drogheda near the business end and we were sitting beside eachother and Marq owned you a couple of times by betting you out of pots. The table broke for a break and you sat there crest fallen and you didnt care who seen it. Marq's chirpness was annoying but i thought to give him the chance to see you down was a mistake.

The second time was the recent S.E 1000 game when i met you in the food line and again you seemed crest falllen about a hand you explained against Danielle. On each occasion you ended the session with more chips than me and i was content enough with my lot!.

What im trying to say is dont be so hard on yourself at the time and try not to let others see your frustration.

Not everyone sees it but you are very good fun, in fact the dinner break at the IPC citiwest last january with you was some of the best laughs ive had at a live tournament.

If I'm not mistaken, both the tournaments you mentioned, Lloyd went onto chop for big scores.
    Maybe Lloyd could pay you 20% to talk to him at the breaks of the big tournaments he plays.

Sorry Lloyd, we've had very little table time together, so can't really comment. I know you've got game so keep it up.
    Be sure to play whatever format you enjoy. If grinding online cash isn't for you, don't force it.

GL in 08 and the ME this week. You've a habit of going deep/winning GJP events. Keep it going.

If I'm not mistaken, both the tournaments you mentioned, Lloyd went onto chop for big scores.
    Maybe Lloyd could pay you 20% to talk to him at the breaks of the big tournaments he plays.

Sorry Lloyd, we've had very little table time together, so can't really comment. I know you've got game so keep it up.
    Be sure to play whatever format you enjoy. If grinding online cash isn't for you, don't force it.

GL in 08 and the ME this week. You've a habit of going deep/winning GJP events. Keep it going.

Bing. Nice one boss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Predict something big for me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! "if you build it they will come"

Predict something big for me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! "if you build it they will come"

2nd in the warm up, 1st week of August, this year. Is that ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

lol ty ;)

Congrats again Lloyd :D

These threads with Lloyd and Daithio are turning into Reconstructing threads lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

I've 1 piece of advice LLoyd. Play more GJP events!!

Seriously,vwd on your showing in the ME.I'm definately not surprised.All it takes is a wee bit of confidence which I think we discussed before.You have the game but you cant take down every tourney you play.But knowing your good enough to take down each and every tourney you play is what its all about.Now stay in that zone!!

Connie.

Question for you: Do you think that the fact that you won the previous GJP festival ME gave you that bit of confidence to help you go so deep in this one? I genuinely think that if you could find a way to keep that confince in your own ability,rather than constantly questioning yourself,you'd find yourself with a lot more big results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

connie you forget that lloyd is actually rubbish at cards, and if people keep telling him he's good its ME who has to hear about it! :p

lloyd = fish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

I've only played with you once or twice and you're obviously a very competant player. One thing I will say though, which is based on your posts on the forum is that it doesn't help your game that you underestimate yourself so much. eg loads of "I suck at poker" and "Don't bluff the tourny donk" posts. With the results you've had everyone knows it is no fluke so I think you can afford to have alot more confidence in your game.

I know if I had the results you had I'd think I owned poker.

also wd on the result in drogheda

edit - just saw connie touched on it already. oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Well done Llyod on the cash last night, i can now comment properly on your game you are a solid and very capable player.
    I noticed your BB was a wee bit to easy to steal and i think you noticed it after a few steals when you repopped me, by the way i had 94 off in that spot and not 8's:p

Good to see the uber tilt has gone from your game you took the jj 35 beat against Mark very well, a year ago the table may have gotten a kick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Maybe now you can get the idea that you are crap outta your head. Your not crap and the only thing that is costing you a run at cash poker is your lack of confidence.

Wp serious result last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

Play more when your sick, you seem to run sick !!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

who needs cash poker when he's that consistent at tournies - donkaments ftw

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Congrats on the result Lloyd, no reason for you not to learn cash, if you can play a deepstacked tournament you can play a cash game, I'd say you just need to find the right frame of mind playing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

bohsman wrote: »
    Congrats on the result Lloyd, no reason for you not to learn cash, if you can play a deepstacked tournament you can play a cash game, I'd say you just need to find the right frame of mind playing them.

cash sucks and lloyd knows it!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

lloyd,
    ive noticed you sometimes forget to C bet flops.

thats it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Trolling rubbish deleted...

Advertisement