Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glamour Photography

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

fastshow_396x222.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Actually... at Charleville we all got to shoot elven at once.. which was a bit of a new experience for me, I must say.. Al seemed well used to it, very organised and commanding Sebzy about :D But, It was good in a sense that everyone's perspective on it, and what they got out of it was different. When I was shooting her, she was focused on Al doing his shot, and there wasnt really as much of a posed element to it.

Boards Photography Studio Shoot?

Fajitas here.

I don't think I've ever done a glamour shoot in my life, and I don't think Elven ever posed for a glamour shoot. If you think that was glamour photography, there's a lot out there for you to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

phew.. thought I'd missed a truly momentous event in boards history there..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

elven wrote: »
    Fajitas here.

I don't think I've ever done a glamour shoot in my life, and I don't think Elven ever posed for a glamour shoot. If you think that was glamour photography, there's a lot out there for you to learn.

Account sharing? Shame! :p

Nah I never said it was, I just said it was a new experience and was a bunch of us all shooting one person - so if we were to do a glamour studio one, different peoples shots might bring new/different/more natural views on it or some such.. I make sense in my head!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Children, please!

I've always associated glam photography with bright lighting, high contrast and a lot of post processing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Fenster wrote: »
    I've always associated glam photography with bright lighting, high contrast and a lot of post processing..

I've always associated it with publications such as Nuts & Zoo. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Account sharing? Shame! :p

Nah I never said it was, I just said it was a new experience and was a bunch of us all shooting one person - so if we were to do a glamour studio one, different peoples shots might bring new/different/more natural views on it or some such.. I make sense in my head!! :D

This was your face when you read Fajelven's comment -> :o:o:o

Wait till Elven sees that! You're gonna get a stern warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Nice shot borderfox :) One thing though, I think with the amount of dark eye makeup she has on, a brightly coloured curtain (orange perhaps) would have been better than the white or else white curtain with no/nude eye makeup and a paler lipstick. Just my humble opinion :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Borderfox wrote: »
    "Glamour photography is the photographing of a model with the emphasis on the subject. Photographers use a combination of cosmetics, lighting and airbrushing techniques to produce the most physically appealing image of the model possible"

Reminded me of this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

OP if i remember correctly you'll need High Key lighting and a spft box and possibly a silver or white reflector to reflect the light back up to illiminate any harsh/dark shadows.

• Advertisement

The settings for the shot are spot meter off the model and shot with all the studio lights going off in the background and the resulting spot meter made the shot blend in a lot better, really only set it by accident. Make up wouldnt be too hard to change though. Thanks Chunky Monkey :)

Nice shot borderfox :) One thing though, I think with the amount of dark eye makeup she has on, a brightly coloured curtain (orange perhaps) would have been better than the white or else white curtain with no/nude eye makeup and a paler lipstick. Just my humble opinion :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Damn !

I thought I had the settings just right for this glamour shot. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

RoryW wrote: »
    Damn !

I thought I had the settings just right for this glamour shot. :D
    PPEEERRRVVVEEERRTTTTT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

very nice girl & pose

good photograph

can I have a go at glamming it up?

:)

ok
    i had a go at your model (so to speak) i know i should have been at work etc. :rolleyes:

but anyway it's what my preception of Glamour is, if it's ok with BF and CE i can post it up.

work away

cool
    thanks!

i put it into an animation slide (allow 5 seconds or so) - but the rendering sort of had a little undesireable effect, anyway it shows what i was aiming for!! :)
    i think the glamour shot is a soft, bright and smooth over exagerated photograph, sometimes heavy grain will have a good effect too

glamtest0000.gif

I see what you mean Fionn...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Interesting, Fionn.
    I wasn't going for glam, when I took that shot.
    This was the type of thing I set out to capture.

32EB6CCC43FA4ED0AFFF167E7D2D2A99.jpg

ah yeah!!
    much more natural and pleasing to the eye (imo) anyway

well done i like it.

I wouldn't be a big fan of the glamour shot - they tend to lack something, originality or whatever!

• Advertisement

Ok, I've held off long enough... :rolleyes:

Why don't women seem to get the same urge to shoot nekkid blokes? Does this go on the same principal as me shooting flowers, as in: "pretty thing, must make pictures of it", or is it just a ruse to get girls to strip off for you? Is anyone trying to say something with these, or take them beyond eye candy? Is there something new to be done with them, apart from the now also cliché human-in-landscape thing?

I could be the biggest hypocrite in the world, given that I doubt I'm saying anything with macros of amaryllis petals, but i could hold it in no longer... Anyone? Any explanations? Or is it just as it appears at face value, and no different to the photographer than shooting a building, a bird (no puns please), a landscape, or long exposure traffic trails?

/trying desperately not to sound like a rant

well if it was compared to art (painting/sculpture etc.) i think male nudes are used as much as female. So i presume the same can be applied to photography.

the glam/female thing - i guess females are much nicer to look at!!

lets take a poll?

Hah, somehow I could predict the results of that poll based on the amount of blokes round here.

Most of the male nudes I've seen have had an edge of homo-eroticism, and have been shot by men. Maybe I'm generalising though, and assuming/implying a stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Hah, somehow I could predict the results of that poll based on the amount of blokes round here.

Most of the male nudes I've seen have had an edge of homo-eroticism, and have been shot by men. Maybe I'm generalising though, and assuming/implying a stereotype.
    oh dear... :D

Sorry about that - But yeah, it does seem that most of this type of photography. Possibly because most other guys just won't do it? Possibly something to do with how other guys see them, or some such. or maybe the whole male-nude thing has been stereotyped so much that regular guys don't want to do it anymore? The best person to really ask about this would be someone in the business...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Ok, I've held off long enough... :rolleyes:

Why don't women seem to get the same urge to shoot nekkid blokes? Does this go on the same principal as me shooting flowers, as in: "pretty thing, must make pictures of it", or is it just a ruse to get girls to strip off for you? Is anyone trying to say something with these, or take them beyond eye candy? Is there something new to be done with them, apart from the now also cliché human-in-landscape thing?

I could be the biggest hypocrite in the world, given that I doubt I'm saying anything with macros of amaryllis petals, but i could hold it in no longer... Anyone? Any explanations? Or is it just as it appears at face value, and no different to the photographer than shooting a building, a bird (no puns please), a landscape, or long exposure traffic trails?

/trying desperately not to sound like a rant

Glamour is just one step away from fashion shots I suppose... having said that I would feel a bit strange photographing a nekkid someone for commercial purposes/third party enjoyment.

When I was shooting with the girlfriend it was to preserve an intimate moment for us and us only... so I suppose it can't really be classified as glamour (I like to think tasteful nude). It does seem like that the female form is more pleasing than the male's (more curves - not being facetious at all).

I'm female and I'm straight but I just think that female photos look nicer than guys. Could be also because I find the idea of guys posing naked strange. Though I did like the topless dude poster on the side of the firetrucks when they were promoting their calendar :D

not to drag down the tone of the thread or anything.. but if ye all chip in for a back, sack and crack wax, I'll do some naked modelling for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I'm intrigued...how much is a brazilian nowadays? :D

A Brazillion? Err.. about a million million?

• Advertisement

rymus wrote: »
    not to drag down the tone of the thread or anything.. but if ye all chip in for a back, sack and crack wax, I'll do some naked modelling for ye.

No chest eh, Steven Carell in the 40 Year Old Virgin scare you off? :p

Advertisement