Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeilge on passports.. OMG!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

darkman2 wrote: »
    Just read through one or two things on their 'site' or - bigots anyonomous. Such a waste of bandwidth. For example there is some muppet who keeps preaching about how we are all Nazi's and live in a 'terrorist state' ROFL! :D, another who seems to think we should reunite with the UK and someone else who keeps talking about 'Ulster Resistence' when there is a United Ireland - talk about a time warp!:confused:

I had a look at the link to see if they'd discovered their mistake. I was too scared to look at the rest of the site. Now I know my fears were justified! It scares me that people still think like this. Seriously, who cares anymore? Everyone just wants to get on with things and be happy.

I wonder will they retract their lovely letter now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I hope they do, hell I hope news stations picks up on their mistake and everyone gets a good laugh.

It is worrying that there are people like that out there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

lads they've linked to us. lol, they want "confirmation". my guess as towards a more literal translation would be they want to hear it out of the mouth of another bigot.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Heh.
    Dumb bigots are funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

ok, who is HankScorpio? Hands up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Good its only fair theres both languages on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

What a pathetic bunch of bigots.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

More here (another thread, same forum)
    http://www.caltonradio.com/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=37187.html

This thread recognizes that it's SG, not Irish, and that all UK passports has Welsh and SG.

Seems Willie Frazer spoke before thinking and now are being the target of many a laugh.

lads they've linked to us. lol, they want "confirmation". my guess as towards a more literal translation would be they want to hear it out of the mouth of another bigot.
    They should look at post #10 ( it has a link to the passport office) ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

They should look at post #10 ( it has a link to the passport office) ;)

What are the additional design features on the biometric passport?

We have chosen birds as a theme in the updated passport to symbolise freedom to travel. The birds are native to Britain and were chosen because they provided a good scope for developing security features. In addition, the British biometric passport also includes the languages of the British Isles clearly displayed on the inside front page. This is an addition to the passport design and includes English, Welsh and Scottish Gaelic.

So looks like its not Irish Gaelic on them.

• Advertisement

^^^^ yes, I should have highlighted it, clearly wasn't seen first time round! even the posters linking to her didn't see it!

Advertisement