Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Watt.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

thetaxman wrote: »
    I think you should be removed as politics moderator, clearly you have other allegiances.
    "Clearly."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭thetaxman

Why are you going around deleting posts?Including this link that is very informative.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article3257641.ece

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

thetaxman wrote: »
    Why are you going around deleting posts?Including this link that is very informative.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article3257641.ece
    So are you Casey again?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Yup.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Yup.
    I'm going to have to be more active on the Paranormal forum with these psychic abilities of mine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Kernel wrote: »
    I think this was as a result of the emergence of a large group who I would class as pseudo-skeptics throwing the balance of the forum. Genuine skeptics are necessary for a forum such as this, and indeed any good conspiracy theorist has a degree of skepticism. It is too time consuming to have to defend your position against so many people, who will never accept anything outside of the 'official' explanation. The argument boils down to beliefs in the end. The balance is better served on a dedicated site, like abovetopsecret, since their is a healthy level of skepticism which explores a theory before attacking it. The most prolific posters here do not seem to believe in any conspiracy theory (disregarding Watergate etc. which are fact rather than theory).

I look at the available circumstantial evidence and hard evidence, I come to an outcome or belief based on this, along with my knowledge (mistrust?) of corporations and government. I could be wrong, you could be wrong, who knows? But I believe a conspiracy is behind 9/11, JFK, Bobby Kennedy, aspartame, AIDS etc etc. I don't trust the motives of the US military industrial complex interwoven with lobbyists, corporations, government etc.

I am most definitely a sceptic and I'm not even sure I understand what a pseudo-sceptic is. I believe I'm what you conspiracy theorists should be, someone who actively questions what they are told, and no matter who tells them. (Hopefully not to the point of being a total pain in the ass). It is extremely sad that people who talk about truth more that anyone I've ever met are so selective about where this 'truth' comes from and what they choose to believe. To me the experience I have of 'truthers' or 'conspiracy theorists' would lead me to call them 'true believers' instead. Just as religious people need to take a leap of faith so do conspiracy theorists, personally I want proof. I really enjoy a good story, I really do and I've heard lots of good stories in here. And without exception when we looked at each story they didn't stand up as fact even though they were touted as fact. We all have gut feelings, or intuitions and depending on how we're feeling that particular day these feelings may change. They are not really relevant to any court of law or scientific analysis or if you are indeed interest in truth as you claim.

It puts my nose out of joint somewhat that I keep being accused of not being open-minded when I've always felt I was and would be considered to be by friends. I have no agenda in these matters, I actually like the debate. I don't even feel a strong need to be right, I just really don't like what continually gets passed off as fact in here which is the main reason I keep posting. I don't like the idea that the mainstream media cannot be trusted except when it agrees with CT opinion. I don't like that I'm 'one of the flock' even though I actively look at all sides. I don't like that the governments official views cannot be trusted but many on the CT side are fully trusted even though they clearly have their own agenda and are often making money from this. I don't like that when the latest poster-child for the conspiracy goes a bit over the top (or should that be a bit more over the top) they are suddenly government disinformation agents. I don't like that it appears okay for CT's to come in here using different logins to support their own theories, which they can't back up in the first place. I do believe there may well be many conspiracies happening in the world today but I've yet to see any evidence that would prove that, it's just a feeling.

Bonkey has covered a lot of what else I might have said so I won't repeat it.

ELECTRIXON wrote: »
    i love all the freedom of speech going on here! i just wandered in via this post. so what is it you have to do to be banned?

As is regularly pointed out, this is a private site and you don't have freedom of speech here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 supersonicman

ELECTRIXON wrote: »
    i love all the freedom of speech going on here! i just wandered in via this post. so what is it you have to do to be banned?
    Speaking anything that the sheep to not like, it shatters their perceptions or something.
    humanji wrote: »
    As is regularly pointed out, this is a private site and you don't have freedom of speech here.

You got that right.

Ah, Casey, you're back. The sheep are the ones who blindly follow the conspiracy de jour with out questioning it at all.

Advertisement