Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Watt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pascal14

bonkey wrote: »
    So you oppose the opt-in system as well? After all, its the step before the opt-out step....so it too must be evil, right?

Isn't it amazing how you don't hear many people arguing against the evil that is "opt-in"? After all...its the first step on this slippery slope, but they're delighted to take it.

Incidentally, my previous post contains at least one factual inaccuracy. I put it there deliberately.

Anyone who spots it will, at the least, be somewhat informed about the facts of the issue at hand, rather than just believing what has been spoon-fed to them by someone with an agenda. Whether you share my position or not is irrelevant....if you can't spot the factual error, then you obviously aren't informed on the subject and should consider the basis on which you are making your judgement.

What are you saying? Stop rambling it is a simple concept.

Not able to make your case without insulting those who don't share your opinion?

Shame.

No. Am I forcing my views on others, no. Will this system be physically forced on me, yes. Is that clear enough?

Bonkey? Catch a hold of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Pascal14 wrote: »
    The problem is when the opt out clause is removed. Everything is introduced step by step, have you not figured that out yet.

The problem with your problem is that even if this were introduced there's no evidence that an opt out close would ever be removed.

Your Alan Watts has literally leapt from A to Z when he claims 'Britain wants to own your body'
    I am not a do gooder.

Well I am, or intent to be. I hope that when I die my body can be of some use to someone who needs it. Hence I carry a donor card.

Dirty Dave wrote: »
    Well,

He mentioned in one of his shows, how the book 2001 by Arthur C Clarke alluded to 9/11. I've read that book and all its sequels and to be honest - I just dont see it.

In the land of the bilnd, the one eyed man is king.

• Advertisement

Diogenes wrote: »
    Well I am, or intent to be. I hope that when I die my body can be of some use to someone who needs it. Hence I carry a donor card.

As it should be. I don't, and I want to be left as I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Cut down your essays, I don't have the time.

Its your own free choice to partake here. You can opt out of this discussion whenever you want and opt back in when you have time.
    Surely opt out is the opposite of what should be going on in a democratic state.
    Really? When did you opt in to being a citizen of whatever country you belong to?
    It is about free choice, thats all.
    You have free choice in an opt-out system. You can freely choose to opt out.
    Don't try to break it down any other way.

Thats the second time in one post you've told me what to do. Are you now my dictator? Is this the type of freedom your 'sanity' is in favour of - being able to dictate to people when they don't do what you'd like them to?

If so, then thanks, but no thanks. Thats one form of 'sanity' I'll reject thanks.

Bonkey? Catch a hold of yourself.

I'm not the one here telling others what to do.

No. Am I forcing my views on others, no. Will this system be physically forced on me, yes. Is that clear enough?

Physically forced upon you?

If you feel so strongly against your organs being donated, you can opt out.

Nobody is being forced to do anything, and I hasten to add, the system isn't even in place yet

Pithy. Utterly irrelevant and doesn't take away from his point. But Pithy none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

That's exactly the kind of stuff Alan Watt says. I don't understand him either.

• Advertisement

Really? When did you opt in to being a citizen of whatever country you belong to?

When you get a birth certificate. Look into this.
    You have free choice in an opt-out system. You can freely choose to opt out.
    Totally different thing entirely. Dont play stupid.

meglome wrote: »
    That's exactly the kind of stuff Alan Watt says. I don't understand him either.

Yeah, Alan Watt, its about time this got back on topic.

Can anyone point out another "crazy" statement he has made?

Remember, you have to listen first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Dirty Dave

On your earlier comment about the one eyed man being king, can YOU tell me what Alan Watt was talking about? Because I would hope you know which part of 2001 (the book) refers to 9/11 before making a comment like that.

Really? You made informed consent when you got your birth cert? Signed it of your own free will and volition? Made a conscious decision at the time?

Gosh you were a bright and precocious four day old baby weren't you!
    Totally different thing entirely. Dont play stupid.

Again with the insults. You've claimed that this opt out clause will be removed, you've failed to see that the scheme allows you to remove yourself of your own free will. Horses and bodies of water spring to mind here.

On your earlier comment about the one eyed man being king, can YOU tell me what Alan Watt was talking about? Because I would hope you know which part of 2001 (the book) refers to 9/11 before making a comment like that.

I never refered to 2001.

So when you were newly born, you made a conscious choice to become a citizen of a country? I'm well impressed...thats not high on most new-borns' priority lists ;)

Dont play stupid.

And again with the insults...

Seriously...do you think insulting people and telling them what to do helps convince others that you've got a well though-out point that you can argue cogently?

There is nothing "completely different" about opt-out. The only difference is the assumption of the position of those who do not express a preference.

As an example...when it comes to elections or referenda, those who do not vote are assumed to have no objection to the decision of those who vote (allowing for there being a quorum). If they want to express a preference, it is their job to do so. If htey don't know the election is on, or don't know about voting, or whatever....its no-one else's problem.

The same applies here. If you don't express an opinion, at present you are assumed to have a specific position. Under the new system, if you don't express an opinion, you are assumed to have no objection to someone else making that decision in your stead....just like with voting.

Really? You made informed consent when you got your birth cert? Signed it of your own free will and volition? Made a conscious decision at the time?.

Proving my point, you have no say in the matter, and that is why it can later be rejected.
    Again with the insults. You've claimed that this opt out clause will be removed, you've failed to see that the scheme allows you to remove yourself of your own free will. Horses and bodies of water spring to mind here.

Again, let people act according to their individual beliefs. If you are a do gooder, do good.

There is nothing "completely different" about opt-out. The only difference is the assumption of the position of those who do not express a preference.

Is their not. So I am obligated to spent my life running around opting out of everything? I can see you believe in freedom.
    As an example...when it comes to elections or referenda, those who do not vote are assumed to have no objection to the decision of those who vote (allowing for there being a quorum). If they want to express a preference, it is their job to do so. If htey don't know the election is on, or don't know about voting, or whatever....its no-one else's problem..

Who counts the votes?
    The same applies here. If you don't express an opinion, at present you are assumed to have a specific position. Under the new system, if you don't express an opinion, you are assumed to have no objection to someone else making that decision in your stead....just like with voting.

I have no idea what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Proving my point, you have no say in the matter, and that is why it can later be rejected.

Actually, isn't that quote just says the opposite of your point. You were automatically opted in and can freely opt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Is their not. So I am obligated to spent my life running around opting out of everything? I can see you believe in freedom.

Who counts the votes?

Do you 'truthers' go to obtuse school or something. I mean seriously, I've never come across a bunch of people who make less sense and constantly talk around in circles.

Ah the good old Quis Custodiet Custodes Ipsos, who watches the watchers. Since people work for The MAN, they can't be trusted. Even though many of us actually know these same people and know them to be trustworthy.

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Actually, isn't that quote just says the opposite of your point. You were automatically opted in and can freely opt out.

You are confused. The child was automatically sold into the system, literally, if you understand the process.

I am saying that people should not have something forced on them. Simple.

meglome wrote: »
    Do you 'truthers' go to obtuse school or something.

What do you mean by truther?

I have no truth to uncover. Let the "good guys" do their thing, however leave me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Dirty Dave

I never refered to 2001.

No, but Alan Watt did. I think he is crazy for linking 2001 the book and the events of 9/11 2001.

You did ask for people to point out any other "crazy" statements of his didnt you?

Any when I asked you about it first, you said "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king".

To me, that indicates you know what Alan Watt was talking about when he made the link and that I'm blind for not seeing it? No?

No, but Alan Watt did. I think he is crazy for linking 2001 the book and the events of 9/11 2001.

You did ask for people to point out any other "crazy" statements of his didnt you?

Any when I asked you about it first, you said "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king".

To me, that indicates you know what Alan Watt was talking about when he made the link and that I'm blind for not seeing it? No?

Fair enough. What did he say specifically about this link. From what I recall he was discussing the esoteric aspect in relation to the year 2001.
    He linked the year to a great event that would kick start, a sort of catalyst, from which a new system would be introduced.

There is no doubt that Clarke was a mason and highly involved in the occult.

The quote was in reference to all his work and a lot of things he talks about.

So I have your logic clear. You opt in to citizenship when you are born, but then you can opt out at later date. And this proves your point

Look at this another way. Under this new organ donation system you automatically opt in when you are born, and can opt out at a later date.

Sort of like the the exact same thing.
    Can anyone point out another "crazy" statement he has made?

Remember, you have to listen first.

Can't listen, but I can read from his transcripts
    Now I won't read the rest of that. People can go into that and see it for themselves, but this again is showing you what's happening in this present system we've got. Last week, I read something in one of my talks about the schools in Britain and how they're monitored et cetera, much like the U.S. has been, and this is to get a generation used to walking through a gate, being monitored, searched, maybe even stripped searched if necessary and living in a locked school. Because in Britain now they're putting ID threads, actual threads into their new school uniforms so they can get monitored wherever they go in the school and they can restrict access to certain doors. They can actually lock you in rooms. The doors won't open for you if a certain button is punched. These are prison camps.

From this transcript

That is a steaming pile of crap.

That is a steaming pile of crap.

Load of crap? It is happening already.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/21/uk-secondary-school-tests-rfid-embedded-uniforms/

Àny other "crazy" statements?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Of course I'm confused. As pointed out to you, you're talking in circles. You said before that the "opt out" mechanism is a step towards removing peoples right to "opt out" altogether. Yet you then said that we are automatically opted into this system (or "sold" if you're a sensationalist), and that we can opt out at any time.

So if we can "opt out" of being a citizen, why is it such a problem to believe there's a something amiss with the "opt out" of the donor scheme?

I can't listen to any of Alan Watts, but from reading his transcripts, he just seems to be talking a load of rubbish. Well, mostly rubbish. He did come out with this little gem, when he was talking about something Adam Weishaupt said:
    Alan Watt wrote:
    He said the best way to confuse people or even recruit people into working as useful idiots, he called them, is to give them a great mystery, a great mystery and intrigue them into your organization and then you can use them, and hasn’t that ever being done and still going on today. There's no amount of people who are willing followers because we love to be fascinated.

Now, he meant that as a dig at people who don't follow his conspiracies, but it's incredibly apt for "truthers". The hint os a mystery has them defending anything he says like a cult following their leader. I think it's hilarious that out of so much nonsense, he comes up with a piece of truth.

Load of crap? It is happening already.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/21/uk-secondary-school-tests-rfid-embedded-uniforms/

Àny other "crazy" statements?

From the same link
    the trial is voluntary

Two words leap out at me "trial" and "voluntary"

Once again yourself and Alan has a problem with a concept's tense.

From the same link

Two words leap out at me "trial" and "voluntary"

Once again yourself and Alan has a problem with a concept's tense.

Correct me if I am wrong. We all seem to be scientists. Is something not trialed before it is widely introduced.

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-5671524-7.html

http://www.rfdesignline.com/news/202601957

Forget about this. The point has been made. What other crazy statements has he made?

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »

Now, he meant that as a dig at people who don't follow his conspiracies, but it's incredibly apt for "truthers". The hint os a mystery has them defending anything he says like a cult following their leader. I think it's hilarious that out of so much nonsense, he comes up with a piece of truth.

Your interpretation.

Thats not what he meant at all. Read the whole statement. As they say the environmental cirumstances are everything.

Advertisement