Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Port

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Well i ate in the Wilton last night and we had a lovely experience. The Lady host couldnt do enough for us and our mains was about 5-10mins late and she offered us a 2 free drinks or a desserts on the house! needless to say we will be back!!! food was absolutely fab. only thing i felt it was a bit too pricey. but its a lovely restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Marios
    If I have friends or relatives coming down and I want to ensure that they get a good meal, I always take them there. I just love the food and I can honsetly say that I've never received a bad meal there.

Oriental New Star
    To me the best Chinese in the town but honourable mention to the Jasmine although I stopped eating there when I heard about the state of the kitchen. I have since been informed by the same person that it has got its act together.

East End carvery
    Very hit and miss but I've heard bad stories lately that the quality of food has really gone downhill.

Indian
    Love the the food out of the Indian in Port although we went for a sitdown meal once there and the owner wouldn't leave us alone. "Yes your food is gorgeous, now **** off and let us eat in peace". I think it will be take-away next time.

I really have to try and eat outside of Port. I've heard great things about The Tatch but also a place called Delaneys (I think it could be a pub)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Babylove

I've been to The Wilton 4 times! It is absolutely gorgeaus! I've tried lots of dishes.. Delicious! Its an italian restaurant.. it has pasta pizza meat fish chicken whatever you like.. I think its better than Marios.. Marios is gone really bad lately.. The wilton is after changing alot.. its muchbeter even the outide ! You should try it! I always get take aways from there aswell!
    kikel wrote: »
    Where is good to go for a meal in Portarlington. Don't want Chinese and don't want bar food.

Their is an Italian over After Dark? Yes? Anygood?

I see their is a place beside the Bank of Ireland, the Wilton. Any good. What type of food. Is this place new? I only noticed it in the last few weeks.

Anywhere else?

K

• Registered Users Posts: 10 beka

was in Marios last week and had best meal i've had in ages.

was i n wilton last wednesday night havent been there in a few months cos of money .. but went in expecting to av an italian meal and they had a lebanese set menu on offer which i must say i was delighted with its something different that no other restaurant around has at least the have the balls to try new things im very impressed i must say .
    and it was very reasonable 21euro 4 a 3 course meal were could ya go wrong with that ! the staff were very friendly, owner is a gent.

so anyway my point is i highly reccommend the wilton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Babylove wrote: »
    was i n wilton last wednesday night havent been there in a few months cos of money .. but went in expecting to av an italian meal and they had a lebanese set menu on offer which i must say i was delighted with its something different that no other restaurant around has at least the have the balls to try new things im very impressed i must say .
    and it was very reasonable 21euro 4 a 3 course meal were could ya go wrong with that ! the staff were very friendly, owner is a gent.

Babylove, is this on every evening or just Wednesday's do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Babylove wrote: »

This sounds good..
    Where is this 'the wilton' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

I've been to The Wilton four or five times. I find the food a little hit and miss. The owners are a bit intense and all the times I've been there they wouldn't leave us alone. They're nice people but after eating there a few times I know FAR too much about their lives. The wife in particular is 'a sharer' and to be honest when I go out for a meal with my OH I really don't want to know about what kind of marital problems the person who's serving/hosting is having. I just want a decent meal and a bit of time on our own. Not too much to ask really.

Ive booked Sol Oriens for my birthday next week. :D

hehehe. Anyone got any last minute advice re nice tasty dishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

Was in the Indian over the Anvil a couple of Fridays ago and I really enjoyed it. Food was delicious. We decided against having a starter and just went with a mains and it was more than enough. We were stuffed after it! Highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Ruby-J wrote: »
    Ive booked Sol Oriens for my birthday next week. :D

hehehe. Anyone got any last minute advice re nice tasty dishes?

I ate there about a year ago Ruby...it was really nice though no particular dish sticks out in my mind.

Wine is good too :D:D

Sample Menu on here....

http://www.theheritage.com/thatch_bar_restaurant.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

What's going on with the East End and the Jasmine - have they both been totally taken over? The people and food in the Jasmine were lovely for a sit down meal, pity if it's all changed?

EDIT
    Just saw this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055574187 which kinda answers me!

yum im loving the menu!

This sounds good..
    Where is this 'the wilton' ?

beside bank of ireland .. across from credit union u cnt miss it !!

Minxie123 wrote: »
    I've been to The Wilton four or five times. I find the food a little hit and miss. The owners are a bit intense and all the times I've been there they wouldn't leave us alone. They're nice people but after eating there a few times I know FAR too much about their lives. The wife in particular is 'a sharer' and to be honest when I go out for a meal with my OH I really don't want to know about what kind of marital problems the person who's serving/hosting is having. I just want a decent meal and a bit of time on our own. Not too much to ask really.

thats a shame .. i think shes not working there anymore though cos wen in for a meal twice in the las 2 , 3 months n she hasnt been there ..just as well i supose lol

Babylove, is this on every evening or just Wednesday's do you know?

just thursdays .. i tink they sholud do it everynight though :D

has anyone been to the jasmine since the new owners ?
    was thinking of going there but dont want to if food is **** ...

Advertisement