Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad - Season 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Great show, looking forward to the return.

Might even get some kids interested in chemistry ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Thsi is good news indeed. Really looking forward to it. Top class show.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Great catch. Didn't even know these were made.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cant wait. Just re-watched the last couple of episodes that I had Sky+d and hadnt got around to finishing. Headed straight for imdb to see when season two starts and then here.

Super stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To keep season 2's plotlines seperate, this shall remain solely season 1 related, while here's the Season 2 thread...

"Spoiler-ific" discussion shall occur within!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

basquille wrote: »
    To keep season 2's plotlines seperate, this shall remain solely season 1 related, while here's the Season 2 thread...

"Spoiler-ific" discussion shall occur within!
    superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭FlashGordon1969

I'm just at the end of season one-anybody else just done that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

yep, just watched episode seven last night. It has taken a while for me to get into this. Going to try and watch the first episode of the 2nd season tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,894 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FX UK are showing Season 1 again on Wednesday nights at 10pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    FX UK are showing Season 1 again on Wednesday nights at 10pm

Yeah but they don’t have the rights to any series after than I believe? And no other channel in UK has shown them either, outrageous, best show of the last few years by a country mile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Just watched S01. Excellent. Acquiring S02 at the moment. Pity FX can't show it. I enjoy sitting down each week for the next installment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

brilliant show im hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Hope this is ok to post here. I'm afraid to look at the other threads for fear of spoilers. Am currently working through series 2 boxset, but is it possible to get the 3rd season in Region 2 format anywhere? It appears to have only been released in the states thus far? And obviously, season 4 isn't even out there yet?

SK1979 wrote: »
    Hope this is ok to post here. I'm afraid to look at the other threads for fear of spoilers. Am currently working through series 2 boxset, but is it possible to get the 3rd season in Region 2 format anywhere? It appears to have only been released in the states thus far? And obviously, season 4 isn't even out there yet?
    It hasn't been shown on UK TV (as far as I know)... so no chance of a DVD this side of the pond before that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Can anyone explain to me the title "Breaking Bad" ?

As a term or phrase, it makes no sense. The verb to break, folllowed by a behaviour... Is it an abbreviation for "Breaking Bad Habits" or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

dnme wrote: »

As a term or phrase, it makes no sense. The verb to break, folllowed by a behaviour... Is it an abbreviation for "Breaking Bad Habits" or what?

I think in one of the early episodes from season 1, it was said that he was breaking bad by going down the path he was going down. In this context he was embarking on behaviour that would be deemed bad, in other words breaking away from his previous good behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

I think in one of the early episodes from season 1, it was said that he was breaking bad by going down the path he was going down. In this context he was embarking on behaviour that would be deemed bad, in other words breaking away from his previous good behaviour.

Makes even less sense. In this scenario, breaking should be like leaving...breaking a habit say. So if he was starting to "behave bad???" he would be "Entering Bad", and leaving the former "good". It just seems rediculous.

dnme wrote: »

From show creator Vince Gilligan himself:
    Honestly, when I named our show “Breaking Bad” I thought everyone was aware of this bit of slang, and it turns out nobody is except for the people in my hometown. But to break bad, when I was growing up, was to raise hell. “Jim was down at the bar the other weekend, and he got really drunk and he really broke bad. He totaled his car.” The show might as well have been named “Raising Hell,” but it would have sounded like a Clive Barker thing. A detective who sends people to hell or something.
    Source

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I always saw it as meaning "Breaking into" Badness. Like how you break in a new pair of shoes....

They can call it Big Fluffy Kittens for all I care, as long as they keep making this quality TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭deem79

Best Show out there at the moment. Can't wait for S4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭ronano

series 5 surely? if not i just made your day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The "break" is like when a car breaks left or a cricket delivery breaks or a "breaking ball" in the baseball, it's a sudden change (in direction).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I've only watched season 1 so far too, so could never look at the other threads either :pac: (which is weird, because I don't mind spoilers on other shows). Seriously great show, Bryan Cranston is just amazing. And the cinematography! Which is something I never really notice, but in BB it's like an extra character. Got my brother into it too over christmas. He watched the entire season 1 in one sitting :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The actor who plays Gustavo is on a episode of Detroit 1-8-7 on network 2 now.

I'm so envious of those who are only on season 1 or 2.

Before season 4 aired last year, I had a Breaking Bad marathon and rewatched the first three seasons while the first few episodes of season 4 were airing. Think, by the time I had season three finished, I had about seven or eight episodes of season four ready to go.

I may try the exact same ploy before season five airs, but it took all my will power last time and I don't know if I can muster that again.

SK1979 wrote: »

Netflix was launched today in Ireland and they have the first three seasons up. You can sign up for a thirty day free trial, just cancel before the thirty days are up. You can watch season three for free and legally. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Netflix only have the first 2 seasons

• Advertisement

Mindkiller wrote: »
    Netflix only have the first 2 seasons
    Think they've the first 3 seasons..

Advertisement