Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aphex Twin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

buried wrote: »
    Jlin & Aphex Twin! Nice! Love Jlin

Is this what the countdown is?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭buried

Is this what the countdown is?

I'm hearing rumours that the countdown could be the unveiling of a Aphex Twin Bleep store like Autechre's, a online store where they sell releases, merchandise and also high quality recordings of live shows. Maybe there could be a new release EP out for that date too, I don't know. The new track bodhrandude posted there a few up is interesting as it sounds well mastered, Jlin has had her new album out the last few weeks and that track isn't on it!

Should be exiting anyways! Would just love myself some vinyl re-presses of older material like SAWII or the Rephlex releases or some vinyl prints of some mastered soundcloud tracks, will just have to wait and see!

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

The NTS video has been fixed! Proper sound and intro, none of those annoying pops or audio drop-outs, will be blasting this out the back garden this weekend with a few beers for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Someone also posted the full audio on youtube of the Nos Primavera Porto gig from last Saturday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement

Feckin great to have this live show for free really! Years ago I would have paid big bucks to have this exact same thing on VHS or DVD. This is the perfect thing to stick on at a small party if you had a projector and a half decent sound-system. They really cleaned up the sound on it! 7\

The goddamn feckin countdown is running slower lads :(

http://aphextwin.warp.net/

Look at the seconds, they are going slower.

Richard D. James speaks to Tatsuya Takahashi(ex korg)

http://item.warp.net/interview/aphex-twin-speaks-to-tatsuya-takahashi/

• Advertisement

also a new track made with korg gear

Five producers interviewed about their reactions to Aphex Twin dropping their tracks in sets over the last 12 months. http://crackmagazine.net/article/music/five-producers-getting-track-played-aphex-twin/

Does anyone know the identity of this track, WATMMers forum gave it the name Phonic B apparently, did this ever surface on the Soundcloud dump, would love to get a studio version. Richard is on a deep chimy buzz with this track, very clockwork in parts like 'plucked string' synth samples.

Never heard that ever bdude, could be on the soundcloud dump but maybe on a different title? Dunno, listening to the soundcloud trx at the minute, currently on '16 fresher + cleaner'! Great article you posted from crackmagazine by the way man, do you listen to any of 'Powells' stuff? Its really good

A cool wee compilation of clips from Aphex Twin's Rockness show in Scotland from 2010 courtesy of Weirdcore.

The new bleep store apparently opens in about 50 minutes.

My credit card is fully prepared to get absolutely diddled

Acknowledging a few things there for the first timev

Tons of new unheard stuff! New Tuss! London Field Day LP! Yes Yes

Downloading all this new $hit while I go into town to the offie and when I get back I can get privy to all this new $hit!

• Advertisement

I wish I could afford some of it but I already have loads of Aphex to keep me going anyways. :)

So just a heads up if ye are just going to buy the new individual tracks off older LP's & EP's instead of buying the entire release. I bought entire ICBYD yesterday with the 19 tracks and now I looked today and another track has been added 'merry maidens' that I can download individually or in the album bundle from my 'sign in' bleepstore account. So it probably makes sense to buy the entire release rather than the new individual tracks so you can get these new tracks for free when he adds them to the various LP's & EP's

Some real good gems in here. New Field Day record release has some great tracks at the end, same for CCAI pt2 and the orphaned deejay selek tracks are really really f**king good. Got more beers again tonight and more tracks. Me wallet and liver is going to be phuuuuuuuuuuuuqqqqed

New track for Syro

New track for The Tuss Rushup Edge EP.

And one of the new ones for Field Day LP.

It's all so unbelievably good, that new addition to the end of Syro and that T165 Madma tune are so so good! The Sekonda track added to ICBYD is another highlight.

I'm not too sure about this but I think you can stream all these new tracks from the Bleepstore without buying them, but you can hear them on there in full and unbroken as long as you sign in with an account

The Japanese are preparing for Aphex Twin.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXCmcSkBsGE/?tagged=aphextwin&hl=en

20398706_111797372812627_6992352580617633792_n.jpg

A nice lengthy clip has shown up from Fuji Rock Festival in Japan from Saturday night, the only one I recognise so far is 1 Chink 101 renamed Clissold as the bonus track for Polygon Window's Surfing on Sine Waves in the new Aphex Bleep store.

Aphex dropping some roots reggae, wouldn't sound out of place at Trenchtown in Electric Picnic.

Jeezo things keeping happening in Aphex Twin world at the moment, first track to make it online in a Instagram clip but I think only an excerpt. Short Forgotten Produk Track from the 45 track Japanese cassette.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXNuVXzAE1Y/?tagged=aphextwin

• Advertisement

I'm literally buying everything up in this store lads. It's such a fantastic thing. Richard himself is contributing to the comments on the tracks. It's really brilliant. He added 'Stone in Focus' as 'track 19 [side 5, track 2, omitted from CD's]' on SAW II and left this comment on the track board
    This track has now thankfully been found and uploaded here, I was very worried it had been lost, very relieved*** It was not included on the original CD’s as there wasn't enough room. I usually always give priority to the vinyl versions of all my releases as I never ever really liked CD's much, think I would have liked CD's a little bit more if you could put 90 mins on them, who decided they were to be 74 mins anyway? Thinking about this now I'd love to try and get Warp to do high quality chrome cassette versions of all my Warp musics, maybe even metal ones if possible. If I wait a year or so for this I could include all the extras on the cassettes as there would be plenty of room, would have to sign the tracks over to Warp first for a physical release, something I don't have to do for this website but that shouldn't be too difficult.

This entire store is absolute magick.

Advertisement