Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrum Justitia

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

eth0_ wrote: »
    As I (and other people on this thread) have said, it's complete RUBBISH. I have a black mark on my credit rating for not paying a credit card (that I was told had been closed) for three months. All that was owed on it was 30 euro.

A bank, or financial service provider, can certainly effect your credit rating, even for a small amount like that, but neither Meteor nor IJ are financial operators, so I wouldn't be sure that they can, whatever the value.
    I don't know the exact wording but my mother said that it says i have 10 days to pay or i will have no credit rating.
    IJ's letter say you'll have no credit rating, which would not be true. If they can do anything to it, you'll end up with a bad credit rating, which would actually be worse than having none. But like I said, I don't think they can actually effect this. I suggest you should go here and get a copy of your own credit history. If Meteor can effect this, then the current outstanding debt should already be showing on it.

In the end, you do still owe Meteor the money, so you should try one last time to get a final bill from them and pay that. Otherwise, if the amount being billed from IJ is accurate, you should just pay that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I've got it sorted now folks... I rang meteor and they confirmed that my last bill was the same as what IJ are asking for.. Like i said, i had no problem paying the bill, but i was under the impression it wasn't half as much...

Anyway, it's all paid now, i'm poor, but thankfully this is done with.

Thanks for all the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm going to ask posters to lay off the personal attacks on foggy lad. If foggy lad, or any other poster, posts incorrect information, the please feel free to correct it (with appropriate references), but no more personal comments will be tolerated.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

Interim Justica are chasing me for a debt that I dispute, so rather then fight it I have decided to pay 10cents per day by making 10x 01cent transfers from my internet banking a/c every day. This will rack up their bank charge by about 85 cents for every time I send them .01cent, so it will cost Interim Justica over 27,000 euros in bank charges to collect the 320 euros they want from me, not to mention the headaces I will cause their accounts dept each time they try to call me and I query if they recived a perticular payment

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Do you not have to pay a charge on that too?

• Advertisement

Red Alert wrote: »
    Do you not have to pay a charge on that too?

I Never had to pay a cent in bank charges, I bank with Perm TSB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

c4cat wrote: »
    Interim Justica are chasing me for a debt that I dispute, so rather then fight it I have decided to pay 10cents per day by making 10x 01cent transfers from my internet banking a/c every day. This will rack up their bank charge by about 85 cents for every time I send them .01cent, so it will cost Interim Justica over 27,000 euros in bank charges to collect the 320 euros they want from me, not to mention the headaces I will cause their accounts dept each time they try to call me and I query if they recived a perticular payment
    I like your style. Make sure to add messages to each payment. I always put money in my frieds account with little 'hot anal sex' messages. His bank statetments do be a sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Phaetonman wrote: »
    I like your style. Make sure to add messages to each payment. I always put money in my frieds account with little 'hot anal sex' messages. His bank statetments do be a sight.

PMSL !!! Cracker !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

c4cat wrote: »

Fab tactic!

Thankfully I dont have to pay management charges but if I ever did I would offer to give them a fiver a week, cant be taken to court for that as you arent refusing to pay ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Ward21

I too have Intrum Justitia chasing me for a sum of 400 euro for a bill i forgot to pay. Recieved a letter yesterday saying they have referred my account to a certain solicitor. Saying legal fees and Interst will be added to my account once Judgement has been passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Ward21 wrote: »
    I too have Intrum Justitia chasing me for a sum of 400 euro for a bill i forgot to pay. Recieved a letter yesterday saying they have referred my account to a certain solicitor. Saying legal fees and Interst will be added to my account once Judgement has been passed.

So pay the bill then:rolleyes:

Not meant as a personal comment on this thread, but what's with the recent rise in old threads getting regurgitated??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Im being plagued by intrum for a phone bill from meteor, it's a 500 euro debt. I've set up a payment plan with them but it's been hit &miss as i'm paid infrequently. Theyre doing the whole menacing threatning thing down the phone. Anyone know how i can deal with this or what my rights are in this situation? i am being told that they prey and depend on you not knowing what they can or cant do in the situation but i'm unaware either way.
    Any help would be appreciated.

There was a good thread here recently on Interim Justica - here you go.

thank you sir!!

Im being plagued by intrum for a phone bill from meteor, it's a 500 euro debt. I've set up a payment plan with them but it's been hit &miss as i'm paid really infrequently. Theyre doing the whole menacing threatning thing down the phone. Anyone know how i can deal with this or what my rights are in this situation? i am being told that they prey and depend on you not knowing what they can or cant do in the situation but i'm unaware either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Im being plagued by intrum for a phone bill from meteor, it's a 500 euro debt. I've set up a payment plan with them but it's been hit &miss as i'm paid really infrequently. Theyre doing the whole menacing threatning thing down the phone. Anyone know how i can deal with this or what my rights are in this situation? i am being told that they prey and depend on you not knowing what they can or cant do in the situation but i'm unaware either way.

Just pay the bill. Hit & Miss is not good enough!

Threads merged

dudara

No problem paying it, but i get paid really infrequnetly, like it could be every three weeks, sometimes weekly & they're getting cranky 'cos it's not regular & there's nothing i can do about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No problem paying it, but i get paid really infrequnetly, like it could be every three weeks, sometimes weekly & they're getting cranky 'cos it's not regular & there's nothing i can do about it.

That's your problem not theirs or Meteors. Gave them a call and ask for a monthly payment plan. Surely that would fit in with your irregular income.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kenny10033

Hi I am looking for some advice with dealing with Intrum Justitia.

Last August I bought a phone from 02 online and was on a €100 a month price plan for 18 months.Soon after wards my phone was stolen and I called 02 asking to blacklist the phone.They did this but they said I would have to keep paying the €100 a month until the contract was finished, obviously I didn't want to do this as it would be paying for nothing so I asked to cancel the contract but it was over €1,500 to do this so I just left it and canceled my direct debit.

Im living away from home and I went home last week to find about 8 letters from o2 ,Centurion Collections, Intrum justitia and the latest from Bill Holohan & Associates Solicitors saying that I owe €1700 and that if I didn't pay within 7 days the would issue legal proceedings against me without further notice.

I know I cant ignore them but I have no Idea what to say to them, I'm unemployed, have no savings and have no idea how I can pay it back.

I would be so grateful if anyone could advise me how to proceed??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

OOOOh cant give you much advice but to ensure you have proof that you have been away, I am sure the solicitor would cut you some slack if you can offer them proof that you have not received the letters until just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Photojoe

kenny10033 wrote: »

Last August I bought a phone from 02 online and was on a €100 a month price plan for 18 months.Soon after wards my phone was stolen and I called 02 asking to blacklist the phone.They did this but they said I would have to keep paying the €100 a month until the contract was finished, obviously I didn't want to do this as it would be paying for nothing so I asked to cancel the contract but it was over €1,500 to do this so I just left it and canceled my direct debit.

Im living away from home and I went home last week to find about 8 letters from o2 ,Centurion Collections, Intrum justitia and the latest from Bill Holohan & Associates Solicitors saying that I owe €1700 and that if I didn't pay within 7 days the would issue legal proceedings against me without further notice.

I know I cant ignore them but I have no Idea what to say to them, I'm unemployed, have no savings and have no idea how I can pay it back.

Ignore them. It works surprisingly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Photojoe wrote: »

agree, I did something similar to a €500 from 3 mobile and it has dissappeared.

on another note Intrum Justitia. My wife had an outstanding bill with a online/catalogue retailer and she was paying it bit by bit.

However this didnt seem to please the retailer so they passed it over the Intrum Justitia and next thing the old threatening letter etc came in the door.

Now we are a bit clever for these letter to hurt us so instead of paying the retailer my wife rang and offered to pay the same money to Intrum. they agreeded and the payment commenced.

Shortly after we got a letter saying we had overpaid and to ring to get our money back but there was a €10 charge. Now suffice to say there is a large enough return to warrent our request but we made it over 3 months ago and they said it would take 3 weeks max.

Called again last week and mentioned all their threatenind letters and how the are not worth the paper they are written on as a threat because the only threat I would take seriously is a court order which takes a year to sort out. So i mentioned we would sue them for harrasment and undue stress on "my client" and that her (non existance) medical condition was not helped by their letters and that my client had considered teh Joe duffy show etc lol

Still waiting to hear from them so plan today is to call them while the joe duffy show is aired and call the show at the same time and see what that gets me lol It worked before for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Well what you should have done was asked for a replacement sim which would have had you up and using the contract again in 2 minutes.

Do you really think the networks can't do anything for someone who's lost their phone other than say "tough you still owe us the money"?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Just got a really badly worded letter from them in work.

Doesn't even say who we're supposed to owe this fairly large sum of money too and seems to name me personally responsible for it and they threaten to call to my house despite the fact that I'm just an employee.

Guy signing off the letter doesn't even give a full name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Legally, you owe the money. You signed up to a contract and then just walked away? To be honest, this could have been sorted very easily for a few euro at the start.

OK, so what to do now. The most important thing to do is make contact. There are people on here giving (possibly criminal? - certainly very poor) advice to ignore them. The first and most important step in dealing with debt is making contact with the creditor. Ultimately, they are human, and aren't actually out to get you. They just want their money back. Ignoring them just pisses them off.

The problem here is that, in their eyes, you have been ignoring the mail and are only making contact because they are taking you to court. You will need to contact both the solicitor and Intrum Justitia and explain why you have not received any mail. If you have one at hand, you could offer to send them a copy of a bill addressed to you at your current address to prove that you no longer live at home. The main thing here is to get them to realise that you are being cooperative (they only take you to court if they believe they are getting nowhere with being nice).

As for the repayment, you can explain your financial position to them. Even offering to pay 10/15 per week while your unemployed should be enough to convince them that you are serious.

Do you have a parent/sibling who could lend you some of the money until such time as you back on your feet. If so, it would be imperative to inform your parent/sibling that it could be some time before you can repay and that you can make no guarantees (there is nothing worse than financial disputes between family/friends)

Best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Photojoe wrote: »

Can they ruin your credit rating for non-payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Can they ruin your credit rating for non-payment?

No, only a financial institution can do that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They sent me a letter about a DHL duty bill I'd already paid recently, I responded with the following. Got a read receipt, but not a reply. I reckon these guys make a fraudulent fortune from people afraid to tell them to go screw themselves.
    I received a demand letter from your good selves this morning, with cryptic references and account numbers. I presume it relates to a duty/vat notice I received in January, which I have already paid. I know I've paid because DHL don't release packages without payment. They're quite snippy about it.

However if you can provide me with a written admission from DHL that they can and do release packages without payment, that would be quite useful to me, and I'll happily pay you or them the €19.55 you're trying to fraudulently double-charge me for.

Until then, please be advised that if I received another letter from your company, I'll file a complaint with the Gardaí for fraud and harassment, and I'll ask my solicitor to bring a case for same. If my credit rating is affected, I'll add defamation to the mix.

• Advertisement

Im being plagued by intrum for a phone bill from meteor, it's a 500 euro debt. I've set up a payment plan with them but it's been hit &miss as i'm paid infrequently. Theyre doing the whole menacing threatning thing down the phone. Anyone know how i can deal with this or what my rights are in this situation? i am being told that they prey and depend on you not knowing what they can or cant do in the situation but i'm unaware either way.

Read my eailier post on how I anoy interim justica with my .01 cent payments, they have given up bothering me after paying them 5000 x 1 cent which racked up about E4250 in bank charges on their bank account

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement